PDA

View Full Version : Mertailor, Finfun, or Magictails fabric tails for a friend?

Mermaid Sirenia
12-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Hey guys! So a friend of mine really wants to get a fabric tail, but the kind with the scales printed on such as the finfun, magictails, and mertailors new tail. Before she made her decision, I told her I would ask you guys which company you think has the best tail, considering both quality and looks. I know magictails photoshops the colors of their tails... And that mertailors fabric tail is no so there aren't many reviews of those out there. But I just thought those of you with tails from these makers might know which one is best:thumbs up:

Echidna
12-13-2014, 03:05 PM
can't really say anything to the mertailor ones, but I'd probably go with FinFun.
Their monofin seems to be better than MT.

Skytroque
12-13-2014, 05:50 PM
I've only swam with FinFun in the past, and they were my first order. I really think they're hard to beat for the choices they give you and the price you get. Sometimes you can get a 10% of code there too which makes it more fantastic.

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-23-2015, 05:27 PM
FinFun are really good quality and I haven't had an issue with mine at all! The colors are gorgeous. I only have a FinFun tail so I can't say about the others, but FinFun seems to be one of the best for fabric tails

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk

Mermaid Jaffa
01-23-2015, 06:44 PM
Fin Fun fabric is thicker than Magictail fabric. And Fin Fun has more variety of colors where Magictail only has 5. I have a Fin Fun monofin, though I'm not a fan of it, too floppy for me.

Fin Fun swimwear has more lining and has pockets in the tops where you can add bra cups. Their swimwear has 4 styles for kids and 2 styles for adults. And more affordable in terms of price.

Magictail swimwear is not really suited for adults if you catch my drift! Their swimwear has one style, skimpy bikini. The only lining they have, is in the fish pants, in a small area of the crotch. I've only got the purple one so I don't know if the lighter colors will be see through or not when wet. Price wise, a bit too expensive.

They both have beautiful scale colors.

A Wave monofin has the width to fit into both tails but not the height. Whether you want to cut your fin is up to you. And Fin Fun monofin will fit into Magictails, and Magictail monofin will also fit into a Fin Fun.

Shimmer's mom
04-20-2015, 08:01 AM
Hey guys! So a friend of mine really wants to get a fabric tail, but the kind with the scales printed on such as the finfun, magictails, and mertailors new tail. Before she made her decision, I told her I would ask you guys which company you think has the best tail, considering both quality and looks. I know magictails photoshops the colors of their tails... And that mertailors fabric tail is no so there aren't many reviews of those out there. But I just thought those of you with tails from these makers might know which one is best:thumbs up:

I have a similar question for my daughter's new tail. I have studied every fabric tail on the net. It's looking like Mertailor Eco tail because my daughter definitely wants the propulsion of the monofin and FinFuns looks too floppy. Also the fact that FinFun is open at the bottom isn't as desirable as one sewn in like Ecotails. BUT - I am concerned about the thickness of the fabric. She definitely wants as thick as possible (really she wants silicone, but she's only 7-1/2!). Has anyone out there seen an Eco tails in person? As bad as their customer service is, they are at least getting back to me.

My daughter loves the look of the Miami Beach Tails, but they haven't gotten back to me. Anyone know anything about them?

As much as the magictails look gorgeous, I dont like what I've read about the photoshopping colors and not knowing what you'll get. As I said, FinFuns look gorgeous, and so many consistently great reviws!! But the mono fin seems too floppy.

Everyone else I have written to either hasn't gotten back to me or has too long of a wait.

I would love some suggestions, feedback, thoughts, ideas before I make the purchase. As I said, I am leaning towards Mertailor Ecotail for the above reasons, though I am wary of the fabric being too thin and also poor workmanship as I have also read about.

Help?

Mermaid Kassandra
04-20-2015, 08:28 AM
If you want for fabric tails you can also have a look at Mer-tails

www.facebook.com/mermaidKassandra

From the PC you can see the complete listing with some example and from tomorrow or orders will start again as today Alexander came back from the hospital 😊

Yulia
04-20-2015, 09:04 AM
I have only heard good things about the Ecotails actually, they have quite few colors now too.

Hufflepuff Mermaid
01-06-2016, 12:02 AM
I have a similar question for my daughter's new tail. I have studied every fabric tail on the net. It's looking like Mertailor Eco tail because my daughter definitely wants the propulsion of the monofin and FinFuns looks too floppy. Also the fact that FinFun is open at the bottom isn't as desirable as one sewn in like Ecotails. BUT - I am concerned about the thickness of the fabric. She definitely wants as thick as possible (really she wants silicone, but she's only 7-1/2!). Has anyone out there seen an Eco tails in person? As bad as their customer service is, they are at least getting back to me.

My daughter loves the look of the Miami Beach Tails, but they haven't gotten back to me. Anyone know anything about them?

As much as the magictails look gorgeous, I dont like what I've read about the photoshopping colors and not knowing what you'll get. As I said, FinFuns look gorgeous, and so many consistently great reviws!! But the mono fin seems too floppy.

Everyone else I have written to either hasn't gotten back to me or has too long of a wait.

I would love some suggestions, feedback, thoughts, ideas before I make the purchase. As I said, I am leaning towards Mertailor Ecotail for the above reasons, though I am wary of the fabric being too thin and also poor workmanship as I have also read about.

Help?

I have a Mertailor Caribbean Blue eco tail and it is AMAZING. The fabric is great quality and the fluke has a closed bottom, like you said. The fabric is actually pretty thick and has lasted awhile for me. I really recommend this tail for your daughter, but make sure she is careful with it, because the bad reviews about the tail are probably just from people overestimating it and scraping it hardly on rocks etc.