PDA

View Full Version : New and Excited

Nixie Beaux
12-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am new and super excited to join this community. I am starting to research the whole "mermaiding" thing! I am born and raised in Florida and went to college in Georgia. I am now living in Florida once again and thinking about be a local mermaid to raise awareness of our local waters and fish friends.

Any and all advice is warmly welcome!

Thanks!

Mermaid Saoirse
12-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Welcome! It's always great to see new mers! :D
My advice for you is to make sure you have a nearby location that will allow you to swim in a monofin/tail. Even if you get your gear it won't be good if you can't use it to practice. It doesn't need to be a huge body of water, anything that you can get swimming practice in is good.
Stay true to yourself and have fun in letting your mersona come to you. It wasn't quick for me; so if it takes you some time don't worry. :3
You have a good idea of what you're going for, so if you stick with it no doubt you'll do fine!

Mermaid Kelda
12-15-2014, 11:12 AM
^ beautiful advice!

Welcome Nixie, we're excited to have you here!

I'd also advise you to read through the threads that I think would have been linked to you by Iona in your welcome email. There's SO much info here on MN, so most of any questions you might have will no doubt have been answered in those threads. They're all well-organised and easy to read :)

Fantastic to have you as part of our wonderful community :)

Mermaid Enhydrina
12-15-2014, 07:41 PM
Welcome to MN, Nixie! :)

MermaidCelesteFL
12-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Glad to see another FL mer! Welcome!

Mermaid Sirenia
12-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Welcome! What part of Florida are you from?