PDA

View Full Version : Leaderfins

-Annwyn-
11-18-2011, 05:33 AM
www.leaderfins.com
Has anyone tried these guys?

Spindrift
11-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Yep. I think I posted about in a different thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?727-Finis-Vs-Leaderfin&highlight=leaderfins

Leaderfins is an Estonian company and if you're paying online they only except direct bank wire transfers.

SireniaSolaris
12-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Hello, guys. I haven't been on the community in a WHILE - so I just discovered there was a new one. I actually had gone to meryuku to mention these guys.

Spindrift, I'm afraid you are mistaken. They are an Estonian company, however, you can make payment easily via paypal. I recently bought the Monofin Advance and I'm going to say it easily compares to the Finis Competitor. And for much less. I got mine for $150USD including shipping. They were VERY prompt in answering emails and sent the package immediately following my payment.

I had also noticed your comments on the previous board about the stiffness of their blade. If you desire a harder blade, you can request a hard blade - even extra hard if you wish. However, hard blades are usually recommended for sprinting - the softer blades are recommended for long distance swimming and ocean swimming, which most mermaiders do. So most people would actually be better off with a softer blade, but Leaderfins can definitely accomodate any fin stiffness you desire.

Ultimately, I know I will be using them for all of my tails from now on, and I highly recommend them to the rest of you, in the community.

Aquatarian
12-05-2011, 01:07 PM
I just purchased a leaderfin monofin off ebay. I will deff post a sort of mini-review when it arrives.

Apart from that, I emailed them asking about pricing and shipping and such and they were very quick and kind about everything. They seem like a wonderful company.

I will probably be purchasing more from them in the future.

Mermaid Saphira
12-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Do you guys think the "monofin finswimmer" would be easy to cut to get a mermaid fluke shape?

Aquatarian
12-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I think it would be as easy as any other monofin. It's made out of the same fiberglass. I've heard of different people cutting the fiberglass monofins without any problems. My guess is that you would have to be more careful though because to much stress could cause it to crack or break in some other way. Still Hannah's done it.

Mermaid Saphira
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Perfect! I so want one <3

SireniaSolaris
12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Agreed. I would also assume that a softer blade (thinner) would be easier to cut than a hard blade, so if your intention is to cut it, it is one more reason to order a softer stiffness.