PDA

View Full Version : Help getting gigs?

Fruity Mermaid
12-21-2014, 05:01 AM
Hello there! First post on here (and positively thrilled to find a site like this)!
I'm a mermaid just getting started, truth to be told. I mean really started. I had gotten my first tail back in August, and I'm waiting on my second to be finished and sent to me. (Unfortunately, the first had was just full of problems, starting with the craftsmanship and ending with the actual materials used.) At the moment, I'm just hoping to find some small gigs in my area (DFW Metroplex, TX) to help me get my fins in the water?
I'm not really much to look at in the way of a mermaid, being overweight/out of shape and with only a fabric tail and a dream, but I'm hoping doing this more frequently will help on all ends.

PearlieMae
12-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Hi, Fruity, welcome to the network! There are lots of resources about being a pro mermaid here, just look around! Also, Raina's book is a wonderful resource, too!

Mermaid Sirenia
12-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Welcome! And don't stress about your body type, mermaids come in all shapes and sizes! Who says mermaids can only look one specific way?;) we are just as diverse as humans!

AniaR
12-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Hi Fruity! Feel free to introduce yourself (http://mernetwork.com/index/forumdisplay.php?7-Introduce-Yourself)

You may indeed find some of my resources helpful!

On Mernetwork you can find my collection of threads on the topics (including a break down of types of gigs and how to get em- I need to update it!)
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9364-Raina-s-Professional-Resources

Also, on my website I have a section where you can buy my books for professional mermaiding (10$ for the ebook!), links to all my youtube video tutorials, and even online workshops I ran that you can watch and learn from~
www.makemeamermaid.com

Rivertee
12-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Hey Frutti! Welcome and howdy do! I'm a full sized mer myself and trust me when I say in the water weight don't matter! As far as gigs and getting started, Raina's tips and tricks are wonderful! Also check out your local Ren Fairs, Public Pools, and around your community. Word-of-mouth is by far the best advertising I've ever used with any events I do for my job ^.^ Good luck and once more welcome!