PDA

View Full Version : Who owns this tail?

Mermaid Jaffa
12-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Came across this on a shopping website. The tail looks professional but its not the product that they're selling.

Oh and once you click on the other tail colors, you can't go back to the original tail that you see in searches.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Women-Sexy-Sequined-Mermaid-Tails-Adult-Mermaid-Tail-Could-Be-Swim-Mermaid-Cosplay-Costumes-N322/32229741338.html

Mermaid Wesley
12-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Ah Aliexpress is not to be trusted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miyu
12-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Wow, those are some, um... Interesting tails...

I've seen that NICE tail before, though, on Deviantart, I believe.

Mermaid Jaffa
12-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Wow, those are some, um... Interesting tails...

I've seen that NICE tail before, though, on Deviantart, I believe.

Foam filled tails!

@Mermaid Wesley - I know they're not a reliable site. I thought I should let whomever that mermaid is, know that someone has stolen their photo. But I'm not on deviantart, so hoping someone here will know her or who the tail belongs to.

QueenZero
12-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Oh, Aliexpress, when will you learn? Using what appears to be a (stolen photo of a) silicone tail to sell fabric tails. Classy.
I'm afraid I don't know the mer in the photo. Hopefully this post will get around. This ^_^ seller (interesting username) needs a wake up call.
Looking at this person's other work, I think the product images were yanked from catalogs like Party City. I could, of course, be wrong, but...hmmm.
EDIT: Disregard that last bit. Forgot that they sold ready made stuff.

AniaR
12-23-2014, 10:16 PM
That girl is a famous stock model
Her tail is mertailor and photos always stolen.

AniaR
12-23-2014, 10:16 PM
I know her from deviant art she runs an animal refuge

AniaR
12-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Ah, here she is :) http://www.deviantart.com/art/Blue-Mermaid-301782828

She was formerly known as "Pirate Queen" on deviantART and in stock circles, but had her account hacked and all the images stolen and then deleted :( so since they they circulate online a lot :(

Mermaid Jaffa
12-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Oh. That sucks. Can she still retrieve her image though? Or is it stolen for good?

Echidna
12-23-2014, 11:23 PM
I thought it looked like a mertailor with that waist and tailbody, but the fluke looks bigger somehow.

To use a siliscone tail as ad for something else is basically scam.
Is aliexpress by any chance the same as alibaba?

AniaR
12-23-2014, 11:31 PM
no I tried to help her retrieve the images it was done by a person she knew being vindictive :( so awful. they deleted the originals from her computer so all that's left are screen resolutions that float around online.

AniaR
12-23-2014, 11:32 PM
ugh is there a way to report this person???

Mermaid Wesley
12-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Yes Aliexpress and alibaba are the same. You could report them but the way this site works it wouldn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueenZero
12-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Bloody hell, this SUCKS. I always knew Aliexpress was crooked, but now I want to bleach them from the world.
I've never tried to report someone on that site, but I having the unfortunate feeling that it wouldn't do much good. I feel so sorry for that poor mer. The whole thing is just shitty.

Mermaid Kelda
12-24-2014, 03:51 AM
D: I order from Aliexpress all the time and have never had an issue. But regardless, wouldn't it be the seller who was to blame here, not the site?

Mermaid_Jordyn
12-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Thats probably one of the ugliest tails I've seen. Okay maybe if you wanted it for a little girls Halloween costume sure go for it but that does not look okay for swimming