PDA

View Full Version : Northern Mers?

Luna Dreamtide
12-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Hi, I have not posted here before and am only at the beginning of my mer journey, but I would love to know if there are Mers in Townsville?
There are to be two Mers here, myself and a friend, who I will soon be making a fabric tail for along with my own. But we would love to meet more Mers if indeed the are any around!

Mer-Crazy
12-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Mermaid Cora lives in Townsville! She actually gets to perform at the aquarium with the new addition of Magenta. Their tails are from Finfolk, however they don't actually own their tails from what I've spoken to her about, the Aquarium they work at does and that means they can't take them off site. Either way you can go check her out here:

http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?4428-Cora

And the Aquarium's website:
http://www.reefhq.com.au/

You should also go check out their shows at the aquarium coming up soon:
2 shows daily from Monday 5 January to Sunday 11 January
11.30am - 12.00pm Mermaid Cora Show
1.00pm - 1.30pm Meet Mermaid Magenta

Luna Dreamtide
12-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Nice to hear there are other Mers around!
As I don't yet have my tail, I haven't tried, but good to hear about Long Tan. Do you know of other places that are ok with tails?

Luna Dreamtide
12-31-2014, 03:06 AM
Yes, I had thought Riverway as it is close to me. And Crystal Creek would be lovely I think, and Maggie definitely! ... Seems like a mermaid meet up could something fun to do in the future! :)

Nixe the Tropical Mermaid
01-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Im in the Cairns area! So even further north. I wanted to be a Reef HQ mermaid about 5 years ago (when i volunteered there) im so stoked to see mermaids there now! I'll be visiting this weekend actually =)
Im free for any northern mermaid catch ups if anyone is keen !!!

Nixe the Tropical Mermaid
01-07-2015, 12:36 AM
Yes I'm hoping so! We are making a very quick drive down (its about 3.5hrs each way) to pick something up from Townsville but I noticed that your shows were on so I'm going to try and catch the show while I'm there! Would love to see you ladies in action and see a finfolk tail in real life! =)

Merman Chatfish
03-10-2015, 05:48 PM
I would love to have this job every day.