PDA

View Full Version : Fin Fun monofin tote bags...

Mermaid Gipsy
01-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Before I start, let me first say how much I LOVE Fin Fun. The customer support is super helpful and friendly, and the products are the best I've seen in the fabric tail department: aesthetically and functionally. I support them 100%, but it looks like there's a fluke (ha) in the design of their tote bags.

Here is the picture they put up on their Facebook page:

http://i59.tinypic.com/mjlksg.jpg

Notice anything...odd? It looks like the tips of the monofin are bending severely, which will lead to breaking super quick. This was pointed out in the comments of this pic, and Fin Fun replies:

The bag actually holds the monofin just right to keep it safe and protected. No worries. We always follow our own rules

That set me at ease a bit (considering I wanted to purchase one until I saw that pic), but then I went to the product page on their website. Check out all the pics, each one shows the monofin tips being longer than the bag itself, which won't end well when the full tote is placed on the ground.

http://www.finfunmermaid.com/gift-ideas/tote-bags/mermaiden-tote-in-red-black.html
:(

What are your thoughts about this? Do you think it'd be okay in person, and it's just the camera angles? Or do you think it'd present a problem? In theory, I'd love to buy one if it would be safe, but I don't want to waste $30 just to confirm that it's not. Any input appreciated! :)

Mermaid Jaffa
01-01-2015, 08:18 PM
I don't know why they would show it on the bag like that when you not supposed to rest the fin on its fluke tips.

I think its meant to be. You can see the stitching on the straps are at the same angle as when the fin is sitting inside of it.

Its just a novelty bag. For me personally, it won't fit my hair products, body soap, towel, clothes, tail and swimsuit! Oh and snacks and drink.

Mermaid Gipsy
01-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Hey Jaffa! :) Thanks for the reply. What do you mean "it's meant to be"? I'm just a little confused.

Edit: Oh, okay. In that case, I think I'll make my own (huge) bag to hold everything else. I'm a packer, like you seem to be, and I didn't even think about the size of the bags for some reason. Especially since it's modeled with a child!

Mermaid Jaffa
01-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Meant to be that size for little kids, was what I meant!

Mermaid Gipsy
01-02-2015, 12:35 AM
Ah, okay, thank you! :)

Mermaid Kelda
01-04-2015, 06:15 PM
I guess it's not designed to rest on its base? It's a neat idea for carrying the fin around though and you could just lay it on its side when you're not holding it :)