PDA

View Full Version : Any other places similar to weeki wachee?

MermaidIndie
01-14-2015, 10:25 AM
So last summer I went to Florida on vacation and got to go to weeki wachee for the first time, it was amazing. As a mermaid myself I'm wondering if there are any other places around the country similar to it. I'm in New England so anything around here would be awesome

The crash of waves and salty air are the signs of freedom

Echidna
01-14-2015, 01:36 PM
The only thing similar I've ever heard of was some aquarium show in Dubai, where olympic synchro swimmers performed underwater in costumes.
Otherwise, the odd club/bar hiring mermaids for extra shows, and one-time gigs in aquariums etc.

I think Weeki is world-wide unique in having a long-standing, regular show in its own theatre.

Mermaid Alea
01-14-2015, 10:22 PM
You could check out your Pod's topics to see where the popular swim places are. I just checked the pod of the south this morning and took note of the various places people mentioned going to. All of the places I took note of I also google image searched, and they were all really beautiful places so hopefully mers nearby you have already mentioned some beautiful places in the pod area, or hopefully they will find this topic.

Perhaps there are nice crystal clear creeks or rivers in your area? I would also ask your friends if they know of any places. In the past before I got into the mermaid stuff my friends told me I should go to Vortex Springs, so I learned about that place through friends and I also learned about a beautiful river through friends. Hopefully you can find something fintastic near you!!

Mermaid Sirenia
01-14-2015, 10:23 PM
The Florida aquarium actually has mermaids too, their tails are from mernation :)

Mermaid Sirenia
01-14-2015, 10:24 PM
But I'm not sure what's near you