Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Archive: "Busty Mers"

Archive: "Busty Mers"

This is an archived thread that was originally posted on mer.yuku.com, the predecessor to MerNetwork. For more information about mer.yuku.com, click here.

Nikkilee Help for a busty mer????

06/02/11 21:11:37

So, I have a problem.... two, actually.... Once upon a time I was a nice healthy C cup, but thanks to nursing my little ones, I'm up to a DD and I CAN'T figure out how to do a shell bra based top. I need help!!! Anyone out there willing to give me some ideas or help me make one?

MorganMermaid #1

06/02/11 21:53:26
    I'm in the same exact situation actually my DD's are starting to not fit so I might be a DDD now but I'm not sure they even make a 34DDD/E ...I can hope. If you manage to find a good top or a way to make one, please let me know if you can. Good luck!

TheMightyManatee #2

06/02/11 23:19:21
    you can get really creative with layering and make a bra with a base material (netting/kelp/fabric/etcetc) and layer the shell(s) on top of it, so you don't have to rely on shell trying to cover all of the boob.

if you're worried about making sure it fits right, you can always use an old (or one you don't mind sacrificing) bra/swimsuit top/etc that fits you now and work off of that, better ensures you'll have something that you know will fit in the end.

Nikkilee #3

06/03/11 00:31:43
    Thanks, Mighty Manatee! Good suggestions....
    Morgan- I will use the tips above and let you know how it turns out!

Mermaid Serina #4

06/03/11 05:32:34
    Nikkilee I can't wait to see what you do with your bra!

Morgan They do make bra's that size however they charge a lot for them, my good friend only has one bra that fits right cause she has to order them online special and they cost a very pretty penny.

MorganMermaid #5

06/03/11 13:25:12
    @Nikkilee, Thank Q
    @Sirena, Yea lucky I found Nordstrom actually had my size and when there's no padding I can mange fitting in to a DD comfortably. Sucks that they cost a so much more, it's like they want me to get a reduction lol

malinghi #6

06/03/11 14:46:43
    About trying to find shells that fit, what about casting shells in sizes that aren't available at micheals? It should be possible to make larger shells out or plastic or something, right? I feel like that's something one of the tailmakers would be interested in, seeing as how there's demand for it.

Nikkilee #7

06/04/11 06:06:27
    @malinghi- EXCELLENT IDEA!!! now I just gotta figure out how to do that....

malinghi #8

06/04/11 07:24:26
    Yeah, I have no idea how to do that either. I was thinking about it though, and while most of the casting that people on this site do is probably for silicone, you'd probably want to make the shells out of something rigid. Fiberglass actually seems like it would work pretty well for this, plus it has the added bonus that you can make really powerful rigid monofins out of fiberglass, so learning to make things with it would be a pretty handy skill.

If anyone is interested in doing this, there are some decent tutorials on youtube on making things out of fiberglass.

melbel1023 #9

06/04/11 13:50:14
    i'm actually designing and hoping to sell some tops for bustier mermaids! i'm finishing my first design soon, i'll post it on here (and its used with real shells, none of them casted)

melbel1023 #10

06/04/11 16:01:22
    here is what i'm currently working on - its still a work in progress though.

"SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

MorganMermaid #11

06/05/11 15:31:48

@melbel1023 You would be an absolute life saver if you did that I love the design so far!

Nikkilee #12

06/09/11 08:55:31
    Working hard on my shell bra, learned something in the process.....
    PUT THE BRA ON AND TACK THE NET OVER~ DO NOT SEW ON NET FIRST.
    I wasted a lot of time on that little screw up... stitched on the netting only to discover there was NO way of tying it halter style due to the fact that the net came up under my armpits. oops... lesson learned...

jhammett98 #13

06/11/11 14:12:12
    Tips for buysing bras...

Figleaves.com and biggerbras.com cater to D and larger.. Im a 36E so I know the woes all to well!

I made my top sans shells...
    Started with a teal underwire bikini top and added pearls.. simple but effective..

Also Mike van Daal makes silicone Lions Paws.. he has larger sizes and told me in an email once that the larger should fit my big girls

Hope that helps

Nikkilee #14

06/13/11 19:12:19
    It does!!! Thanks!

MermaidRaven #15

06/13/11 21:55:46
    I just made a DD shell bra for another mer. This is the biggest one Ive made yet and it was pretty challenging covering the entire bra without it getting cluttered, and finding giant lions paws for it was pretty hard too, thank god for living in FL!

I put one of "my sized" shells on top to show how much bigger the top is.

Nikkilee progress... #16

06/15/11 08:49:46

here is as far as I have gotten....

MorganMermaid #17

06/15/11 13:57:35
    Raven, that top is gorgous! :o I want one so much lol!
    and Nikki, it looks like progress, good job!

Nim #18

06/17/11 04:25:47
    Where did you buy the net?

MermaidRaven #19

06/18/11 11:05:41
    Thanks Morgan! I have been selling quite a few tops recently and Im getting a lot of practice making these bigger tops

Nikki: great bra choice!

MorganMermaid #20

06/18/11 23:50:52
    Let me know when you start selling the bigger tops, they're beautiful! Keep up the good work!

Nikkilee #21

06/19/11 10:06:04

Got the net at hobby lobby.... Thanks, Raven!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    This was my solution - found a bra that fit (finally) and used a ton of smaller shells.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very cool idea! it looks great!

Love it! I'm a 34FF & used to have a lot of trouble finding bras that work but an Intimacy store opened here in Dallas & they have great (but expensive) bras for larger sizes. I also figured out if I find a pretty 38DD bra and then just take the rib straps in so they fit a 34 the cups work on me.

Heh I recently had some little mermaid purple shells made for me; when they arrived my Husband commented 'I didn't know we were getting new salad serving bowls'.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    So, I thought since it's been a while I would give a quick update- I de-constructed the nude colored bra and started over, adding leftover fabric from when I trimmed the end of my tail fluke and modified it. Since I had to piece it together, it looks a bit uh, "frankenstien-ey", so I am covering the seams with sequins. after that I will add the net back on, then some shells to finish it off. I will post progress pictures as soon as possible.

heres an interesting idea, make shells out of clay, then make molds of them.... or try and find a big enough shells and make molds of it, cast it in something :/ and then paint it if need be :P

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    You never have to feel busty again my mer-friends...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_N-lLFhD7bxE/S_....jpgimgmax=800

Behold, the women with the world's largest natural breasts! She wears a bra size 102 ZZZ and is happy with the way she looks!
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

i wish i had that problem.....my issue is trying to give the APPEARANCE of having anything while in mermaid attire. mermaids are always beautiful...and bustiness comes with. but silicone falsies dont stay well in water...and neither does the eyeshadow trick. severely padded bras arent good...because the ectra water breaks down the adhesives used on the top faster. from a mermaids WITH boobs...what are some things you try to avoid that might help me? lol

I feel similarly about this, Lyna. My girls are iiiiiiitty bitty compared to the rest of me. I'm currently working on a shell top that will have a bit of padding under the shell and I'm hoping to make it so it'll pull them together slightly. However, having a friend that is a DD and hates it, I can say that I am really not envious of her...blessedness. Apparently they cause her a lot of grief. But I have told her that she can share with me anytime

I understand! I am taking my old bra and sewing fabric on top of it and using a net to hold it on or sew more fabric to it.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    http://www.patternschool.com/?page_id=309
    This has different styles of bikini patterns if you decide to use decorated fabric instead.
    Being small in that department, I don't have alot of 'support' issues so I don't know if this would work for bigger busts or not....
    The pics of shell bras look so good!!!
    User previously known as "Natasha".

I ripped apart an old bra since my other bra once again doesnt fit! Started ALL over! Just finished sewing one cup. Does anyone have any ideas o how to sew some stylish straps without my boobs popping out?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Bella's Avatar
    im using a DD strapless bra as they have the MOST support you can get in a bra, since theyre designed to hold themselves up, but im using the halterneck strap option. im going to cover the strap with netting so it looks like the net is holding it up.

a tip might be to buy a princess white strapless top (princess white is the almost pearly white colour of wedding bras) and gluing sequins the same colour of your tail on, it will look like scales and the white becomes basically invisible under water. if i didnt have a pink bra i would be doing that

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I know this thread is OLD but I just found it and thought "FINALLY!" I live in a place with a lot of asian people (not being rascist. There's alot of different ethnicities but they alot fall under asian) anyway there are very few busty girls around me. My best friend is a senior in high school and still wears little girl bras from target. I'm a 34DD so ..... yeah. I was all nervous about being to sexualized as a mermaid. I can barely go to a beach or a pool without getting blatant gawking so I could only imagine the looks i would get after wearing a mermaid tail ad drawing attention to myself D: but there seem to be plenty of busty mermaids around Its nice to find people who understand as opposed to my flat-chested (though lovely) best friend

I feel ya, girl! It's nearly impossible for me to find a bikini top that will keep things in place while I'm swimming. So working out something with shells and such should be fun.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Tasha Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Tasha Mermaid on Facebook
    I would LOVE to have a shell bra, like one purely out of two shells, but i dont think any come in my size (my partner jokes watermelon shells -_- ) im a 16FF....(i think thats a 38 but dont quote me on that) and i am SURE they just went up a size again as they are looking suspiciously like they are falling out again (i'm 24 and they keep growing) for just 1 plain bra it costs me around the $100 mark....so buying a bra for mermaiding wouldnt be something i wanted to do.....anyone know of anyone who does even a fake shell that would work???......i dont mind cleavage (obviously im used to it seeming i had a B cup in primary school) OR fake star fish would be good too