Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Archive: "Busty Mers"

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lunali View Post
    I would LOVE to have a shell bra, like one purely out of two shells, but i dont think any come in my size (my partner jokes watermelon shells -_- ) im a 16FF....(i think thats a 38 but dont quote me on that) and i am SURE they just went up a size again as they are looking suspiciously like they are falling out again (i'm 24 and they keep growing) for just 1 plain bra it costs me around the $100 mark....so buying a bra for mermaiding wouldnt be something i wanted to do.....anyone know of anyone who does even a fake shell that would work???......i dont mind cleavage (obviously im used to it seeming i had a B cup in primary school) OR fake star fish would be good too
    I have the same thing. But mine didn't come til yr12 and in the last year I've gone from 14C to 14F. Target sell a Dita Von Teese range of bras and her's are made quite large. I get to go down to a 14E or 16D in some of her bras (not all but some)
    I think Australia is becoming more aware of bigger bust lines.....do some searching.
    Also I can get my size in Best & Less, but if i find them there I gotta get them straight away cos they sell out QUICK!
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Tasha Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Tasha Mermaid on Facebook
    Well i go to De Bras for my bra's, i have never seen a bra in my size at target ever, and i look regularly :S ....just wish they were not so damn dear :S not to mention most bigger bras are ugly granny bras that have zero support......and im fussy, i like a little padding so you dont see the nipples when im cold (hate that look)
    still would love a fake starfish one.....maybe that idea could work....they would really only have to cover the nipples right???? (obviously i wouldnt do it around kids at a local pool, i use my one piece for that)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    Indeed! I hate those granny bras! I'm not that old!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if you just want to cover the nipples.....(this is gonna sound weird) nipple tassles....but instead of tassles have starfish!!!
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

I just found this on Etsy this could totally work thought with postage on top its going to cost nearly £50 but you could get a bra like that one and use shells like that...just and idea
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/10912006...-shell-bra-top

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    I just found this on Etsy this could totally work thought with postage on top its going to cost nearly £50 but you could get a bra like that one and use shells like that...just and idea
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/10912006...-shell-bra-top
    Most lion paw shells wouldn't work for anything above a C cup... and even then, they aren't going to cover everything... I think those, like most others listed on Etsy, are meant for smaller, non "busty" girls...

Another problem I've been running into is water pulling my top down. Especially the one I posted in this thread earlier - the minute I try to dive, the water tries to flip it open. I'm working on my third top now, and using fishnet to cover the center of my chest to (hopefully) keep everything in place... Name:  top1.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  755.7 KB

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

That looks like it's gonna be super awesome Moonflower!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I always have a wierd problem with bras... currently I'm a 40C which is hellish to find =/ Probably going to end up altering a bra specifically for the job. Will be coating it with clear silicone or something to seal it so it doesn't rust (at least as quickly) But for now my solution is going to be making a nude spandex bodysuit and sewing on shells, sequins and beading etc over a little bit of paint around the bust. If I need to I'll wear a nude bra underneath (for the extra support).

Can't wait to get going with it I have at least some of the spandex I found in an off-cuts box. I'll post an update as I go =) might be an interesting solution to those with larger cup sizes (and other body issues like mine)

look on amazon for swim tops with underwire.. I got one in a 36F (im a 36E)
    or figleaves.com
    they specialize in big bussty gals

Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    look on amazon for swim tops with underwire.. I got one in a 36F (im a 36E)
    or figleaves.com
    they specialize in big bussty gals
    if they ship internationally... marisota.co.uk and simplybe.co.uk are good for larger ladies and larger busts and generally hard-to-find sizes.

I've also found loads of really good stuff on http://swimwear365.co.uk/

(If they don't ship internationally and there's something someone wants really badly I don't mind receiving parcels and mailing them forward for people if they ask me nicely :P)

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Merbabes! They're selling plastic lily pads at michaels right now (maybe all the time) and they look like they will cover plenty! I'm gonna be making a top with them for my fabric tail I used a high school musical cd for scale *nod* i just bought them and wanted to share with all of you <3 they would work for a more conservative top on a small chested mer too. (And you could order them online)

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by MerHopefully View Post
    Merbabes! They're selling plastic lily pads at michaels right now (maybe all the time) and they look like they will cover plenty! I'm gonna be making a top with them for my fabric tail I used a high school musical cd for scale *nod* i just bought them and wanted to share with all of you <3 they would work for a more conservative top on a small chested mer too. (And you could order them online)

The itty bitty titty committee is jealous. But I approve! Hope you don't mind me copying in admiration

Not at all! But I did notice that they are some sort of fabric underneath plastic so I will be sealing them up with e6000 to prevent them getting ruined in the water (if you end up with these)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post
    Most lion paw shells wouldn't work for anything above a C cup... and even then, they aren't going to cover everything... I think those, like most others listed on Etsy, are meant for smaller, non "busty" girls...

Another problem I've been running into is water pulling my top down. Especially the one I posted in this thread earlier - the minute I try to dive, the water tries to flip it open. I'm working on my third top now, and using fishnet to cover the center of my chest to (hopefully) keep everything in place... Name:  top1.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  755.7 KB
    I can't wait to see your finished top. I looks like a great start.
    "Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." ~Sophia Loren

Sessilee means "Blind to Self Beauty"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MermaidSessilee
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/SessileeStrfish

Formerly known as MermaidAmbrGlow

Junior Member Union of Pods of the North
    Thank you for sharing this Wesley! Might have to get a pair now

Oh I never posted my finished product here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! I got some of those lily pads, too. One of these days I'll make a top.

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Those lilypads are gorgeous Mermaid Wesley! Love how you re-appropriated some Michaels lillies - did you heat-shape them or...? They look mega fab!
    User formerly known as "Goblinshark".

"I must go down to the seas again
    to the vagrant gypsy life,
    To the gull's way and the whale's way
    where the wind's like a whetted knife..."

No I just glued them all wrinkled onto a bra but you could try that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk