Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pagan/Witchcraft practicing Merfolk? Anyone?

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Mhara's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Mhara on Facebook
    Psychiccupid that doesn't sound dumb or childish to me at all! not too different from my own tradition as I follow a Welsh based practice believing in Celtic deities and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Mermaid Of Anglesey

Find me on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Angleseymer...homepage_panel

Formerly known as Merman Vaughan...now I'm a mermaid heh.

Follow Psychiccupid On Twitter Add Psychiccupid on Facebook Add Psychiccupid on Google+
    Follow Psychiccupid on Tumblr Visit Psychiccupid's Youtube Channel
    Well thank you very much Oooh! Celtic dieties! That sounds wonderful. (I love hearing about all religions!)

Hehe no problem

Yeah I have very specific deities which I focus on. Here in Wales we have a set of tales known as the mabinogi. The Druids of the island treat this book like their bible, the tales in it speak of Annwn the 'underworld' counterpart of our side of the world, magical horse deities, witches, Wizards, Giants, and all sorts.

We have deities such as Rhiannon, Ceridwen, Llyr etc. Rhiannon is now modernly known as a horse goddess (with ties to epona) Ceridwen a witch goddess, and Llyr is the sea. These are but a few. What's interesting about the mabinogi though is that these figures are never referred to as 'Gods' they are normal people and witches and such.

But yeah that's kinda a small section of my practice any who.

The Mermaid Of Anglesey

Find me on Facebook:

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I've been delving into creating Spiritual Portraits lately; I hope to someday get a commission for a full Spiritual Painting! Right now I'm working with paper, pen, and coloured pencil.

Wanting to get more into crystal gazing, and still need to put together some sort of personalized "casting set", mermaid-themed of course . First, though, my tarot cards are asking for a new bag, because the one I made long ago is more of a purse than a case, and they need something more portable so I can carry them around easier. However, I'm getting the sense more and more that the deck I have now is supposed to be more for my own personal reading than for others, so I have my eye on a couple of other decks to hopefully acquire this year.

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

I'd love to have one of those for the new home
    The SeaGlass Siren

Psychiccupid, my first and longest running guide is Ares
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Hello, I'm coming on my 16th year as a practicing Wiccan. it's neat to see this thread here. Water is a very spiritual thing for me, and while I'm new to mermaiding in general I've already waxed philosophical about it. (Retreats back to lurking)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Whilst I'm not a practicing pegan etc I met a lady who was once. She didn't like my mum and my mum said the woman was casting spells on her so she bought all the stuff to do this like reversal spell or something, basically anything anyone attempted to cast on her would bounce back onto them. It took her ages to find all the ingredients and the day after she found the last one and was going to actually perform the spell that lady's house burnt down (before she did it). Needless to say she decided against it.

My apologises if I sound really ignorant or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Selene View Post
    Whilst I'm not a practicing pegan etc I met a lady who was once. She didn't like my mum and my mum said the woman was casting spells on her so she bought all the stuff to do this like reversal spell or something, basically anything anyone attempted to cast on her would bounce back onto them. It took her ages to find all the ingredients and the day after she found the last one and was going to actually perform the spell that lady's house burnt down (before she did it). Needless to say she decided against it.

My apologises if I sound really ignorant or anything like that.
    if the woman really was casting negative spells on your mom (and probably others) then that right there is a prime example of the Threefold Law
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Im a Witch mixed with a little Buddhism. I prefer Worshipping Kwan Yin more than any other goddess.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    When I was in my teens, I could pick the first 3 winners in a horse race. I've always had an interest in tarot cards.

I have had dreams that came true. I dreamt the Ash Wednesday fire and the next day I saw it on tv. It was very creepy. I've only told one person about my dreams and he's now a famous psychic in Sydney. That was years ago though. I don't have dreams like that anymore, maybe its because I stopped listening.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I used to have such dreams. They were terrifying though.
    Also pretty much had spot-on premonitions, and could see through falsehoods immediately.
    (Didn't make me a popular person to be around )

I think these abilities were strongest during my teens though, and gradually subsided the older I became.
    I read this also happens to other people (i.e., being strongest during and a short while after puberty).

You just gave me a real cool idea though, Jaffa.
    I have tried unsuccessfully to predict the lottery countless times, but that means coming up with 7 numbers and I usually have around 3 spot on, the others usually just one number short, it's a hassle and not really suited for tarot cards.
    Horse racing though...with just a few horses participating...must do research!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    Wow, I'm wayy late to this party... But hi, practicing eclectic/secular witch here. I'm also and empath and privvy to herbal things. I'm an incense hoarder, and a tea fanatic. I love learning new things about different paths of the craft. Thank you for the reading list, it's quite nifty. I'm coming from a lazy Christian background. My mom never went to church unless it was Easter or Christmas eve. I've always felt pulled to nature and all the gifts she provides us. I recently started actively practicing again after some time due to being way in the broom closet. I'm so stoked that there are fellow mers on here that I have something in common with and can maybe bounce ideas off of.
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    I used to have such dreams. They were terrifying though.
    Also pretty much had spot-on premonitions, and could see through falsehoods immediately.
    (Didn't make me a popular person to be around )

I think these abilities were strongest during my teens though, and gradually subsided the older I became.
    I read this also happens to other people (i.e., being strongest during and a short while after puberty).

You just gave me a real cool idea though, Jaffa.
    I have tried unsuccessfully to predict the lottery countless times, but that means coming up with 7 numbers and I usually have around 3 spot on, the others usually just one number short, it's a hassle and not really suited for tarot cards.
    Horse racing though...with just a few horses participating...must do research!
    Yea, one of my Aunties used to get me to pick numbers lotto numbers from a jar for her (she still does whenever I go back for a holiday), she reckons I bring her luck. She's won little bits of money but nothing major. I used to tell her I could only do horses!!

I've been asked many times how I did it. I used to say the colors were brighter, and everyone would look at me strangely.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Managed to get a few lovely books yesterday whilst out and about! A local second hand book shop had a large assortment of witchy books!

Managed to nab Witchcraft Today, a Gerald Gardner book! And witchcraft for tomorrow by Doreen Valiente to add to my Valiente collection so far.
    Also picked up a Celtic gods and goddesses one and two books on herbs and plants. Had a fantastic day!

Then last night we also had our monthly moot where we discussed faeries, as it's close to Beltane. As well as Beltane traditions and folklore. Then of course we partied through the night haha. As witches should.

The Mermaid Of Anglesey

Find me on Facebook:

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    ^^sounds lovely!
    I wish we had a coven of some sort where I live, but so far, I drew a blank.

Germany is a witch-barren country, maybe coz the witch hunt was especially bad here, in a few cities (I've lived in one of them) there was not a single woman left alive when they were done burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    I've been asked many times how I did it. I used to say the colors were brighter, and everyone would look at me strangely.
    I get it!
    And I don't think anyone has managed to predict a lottery number combo with cards.
    Small change, yes, because it's possible to narrow down on some numbers, but a jackpot? Nah.

Another Pagan Mermaid here! I am pretty eclectic and very Goddess oriented.

Hey thur! I am an eclectic animist druid but I pull from Paganism, Buddhism, Shamanism and a few other things. I was raised Wiccan and grew up in a coven with lots of Witchey families. I am currently a part of my University's Neo-Pagan Alliance. A lot of my spirituality and my path is on my own although I do group rituals with the Club.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

*is casually and fairly privately heathen*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

:: waves hand casually :: sup.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk