Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Pagan/Witchcraft practicing Merfolk? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerúleo Marez View Post
    Hi everyone! I consider myself a pantheistic Norse heathen. My mersona is ruled by Æge and Rån. I'm a new budding merling, nice to meet you all!
    Nice to meet you! I worship sea gods aswell.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    Perhaps a secret order, then? C'mon... who doesn't want their own sigil ring, password, and secret knock?
    It does sound nice and organized

Senior Member Pod of The South MidsummerMermaid's Avatar
    I would think a lot of mermaid wiccans/witches are sea witches

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    ***** I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living *****

I recently found out my male patron is Triton and I updated my ritual clothes to fit it. My metaphysical store was getting rid of their ritual attire so I jumped at the sale XD

Quote Originally Posted by ame.ahes View Post
    New to the forum but just saw this thread. Guess its a good way to introduce myself.

My family comes from Romanian Gypsies (I know the term "gypsy" is controversial but that is what my family has always called themselves for generations). My great- grandmother was a "witch" who told fortunes etc. My grandmother stopped the line of tradition by marrying and becoming Catholic. My mother dabbled but never really got into the Craft. She just gave me my great-grandmother's cards.

Ive been practicing over 20 years first starting as a teen in Wicca. My path has expanded and changed over the years. I include aspects of Buddhism, Hinduism and Shamanism. I am an intuitive empath, Reiki 2 Healer, Herbalist and Yoga and Mediation teacher.

My path now is one based more on my long love of the water. I call myself a MerWitch and work with magick using oceans, seas, lakes, etc.
    That's a great history and story! My mom and grandma and great grandma also practiced witchcraft, but I'm the one who really identifies as a Sea Witch. I work with the sea aswell But I haven't been doing it as long as you, that's amazing. Its a beautiful and grey path I love being a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGemDracha View Post
    I'm eclectic with a main study of draconic. (Dragon magic)
    Very awesome, powerful Watchtowers and a great path.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLorelei View Post
    I consider myself an eclectic witch. I tend to be drawn towards the Norse mythologies but other than that I do whatever feels right. Since I started mermaiding I have been drawn towards water magic and have been drawn esp. to waterfalls and the ocean.
    I love that point of view I feel whatever feels right, it is right. Maybe that's just one of the gods that favors you specifically. Like how each is drawn towards gods of their own?

Welcome Theskydancingmermaid, inanna, and OrcaBait, nice to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Theskydancingmermaid View Post
    And sea witch is a very good read!! i'd highly recommend it!
    I haven't been able to find so much as a TOC for "Sea Witch", and I have been seeing mixed reviews from those who have read it. I would like to write a review for my reading list, but I can't locate a copy! If I may ask, where did you find your copy?

Quote Originally Posted by MerFantasy View Post
    I started reading water witchcraft. I like it so far!

I would think a lot of mermaid wiccans/witches are sea witches
    Annwyn Avalon's book? A copy is presently on its way to me. I am hoping it will be good.

I would think sea magick would be a natural fit for many around here, but there are also many here who prefer other practices.

I recently found out my male patron is Triton and I updated my ritual clothes to fit it. My metaphysical store was getting rid of their ritual attire so I jumped at the sale XD
    Sales are always good! What sort of ritual attire did you get?

It focuses more on water than sea, but it's been a big help since I'm so new to this branch of magic

Thanks a bunch for the welcome!!

My book pile has arrived and I've started going through it.

Does anyone else have a copy of Paul Holman's "Sea Witch"? There seems to be something amiss between that and "Traditional Witchcraft for the Seashore".

It's so cool to find a group of like minded and spiritual people.

My husband (NonMer) is a worshiper of the Nordic gods, as for me I'm more of a Celtic/Gaelic worshiper.

Our little guppy is going to be a little mixture of the two. Ahahah.

Welcome, MermaidLillianna! Nice to meet you.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    I started reading water witchcraft. I like it so far!
    I just downloaded that one (my aging optics prefer reading on my iPad, these days)! I have been chatting with the author on FB and will be taking her 9-month workshop!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Quote Originally Posted by tealmermaid View Post
    My book pile has arrived and I've started going through it.

Does anyone else have a copy of Paul Holman's "Sea Witch"? There seems to be something amiss between that and "Traditional Witchcraft for the Seashore".
    One thing about Traditional Witchcraft for the Seashore to keep in mind- okay, two things. One, I hope you'll ignore what the author says about throwing offerings and such into the sea in a PLASTIC container. That's a terrible idea if you care at all about the water, the animals, the planet, your health, etc. There are better ways, such as taking two large shells, putting the spell/offering/whatever between the two and sealing them with wax or tying them closed. Also, she has the unique view that moon goddesses are barren, which contradicts so many traditions and cultures, I can't figure where she gets it from outside of looking at the surface of the moon instead of the cycles and such. And if that works for you, okay. But remember that if it doesn't, you can find several lunar goddess associated with fertility.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    I just downloaded that one (my aging optics prefer reading on my iPad, these days)! I have been chatting with the author on FB and will be taking her 9-month workshop!
    I think you all will love Annwyn's book, she is incredibly knowledgeable and walks her talk. I just love her.

I have recently added a new labradorite ring into my everyday life, knowing very well it's supposed to be quite a spiritual stone... but I never knew how powerful it could actually be when it's been cleansed and charged.

I had quite a strong urge to shuffle up my tarot deck the other night and had never had a reading quite so strong!

Tarot cards in general have fascinated me for the longest time, (I'd love to learn more about rune stones as well) but now they have completely blown my mind and have helped my M.I.L. during a very scary medical situation.

Somebody has to be a special kind of ignorant if they think that Yemaja of all deities is barren.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

@deepblue

Actually my concern was that a page by page comparison of the two books indicates that over 90% of Ms Draco's book is a duplicate word-for-word copy of Sea Witch. The barren moon goddesses are from Sea Witch, for example. Even the back-cover summary of the book's content is lifted. There are a few bits here and there which do not appear in Mr Holson's book.

I did turn up a bit of info dated 2017 that Ignotus Press (Mr Holson's publisher) was under new management with Ms Draco as a "magical consultant", and the publisher's plan was to get their out of print books back into publication. I'm not entirely certain why Ms Draco would have the content of Mr Holson's book so far in advance of this change of management if this is supposed to be a re-publish of Sea Witch, or why his book was republished under another author's name and copyright.

For what it's worth, the plastic bottle charm seems to be Ms Draco's original work. Way to pollute the ocean.

@Lillianna

Labradorite is such a lovely stone. I never had any until recently, but it's been very helpful to me so far!

@tealmermaid - thank you for that info, that is really good to know. I wish this information were out there more- I've not seen it until now. Not that I'm some kind of expert on the books, I just know about the one because I gave it a shot. It failed, and I returned it.

Just stopped by to wish you all a good Spring Equinox, by whatever name you might call it, and a happy full moon. We just had a very sunshiney morning, then a storm moved in over about 30 minutes, deluged the area, put some street lights out, gave us a couple peals of thunder, and now it's sunny again. lol Spring hath sprung!

@deepblue Not a problem! It's more an FYI than anything, especially since I keep seeing both books on recommended reading lists. No reason to list both if they are the same book except for a few bits such as that plastic bottle.

And a joyous Equinox to all! Axial tilt: the reason for the season. We have some serious Spring going on here between our rainy season and the flowers popping up everywhere.