Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pagan/Witchcraft practicing Merfolk? Anyone?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    La Vecchio Via! The Old Way! Stregheria is a fascinating path. Living in New Jersey, you meet many Strega.

All I had too do was tie a red ribbon around an open pair of scissors and hang them on my doorknob, and all my neighbors kept their noses out of my business. No one ever the the horns my way!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    I'm eclectic Wiccan, though I trained with a pretty traditional coven. The high priest received his 3rd degree from Janet Farrar, who was married to Stewart Farrar, who was initiated by Maxine Sanders, who was married to Alex Sanders, who was initiated by Patricia Crowther (or someone in her coven), who was initiated by Gerald Gardner. So if I ever formally join the coven as a 1st I'll have a fancy pedigree!

I'm a pretty lazy witch in that I hardly ever do spells or even full moon rituals, though I do celebrate the sabbats with my coven community. I'm trying to do basic energy exercises more regularly though (my third eye need glasses, no joke).

Magic and rituals aside, my religion is a pretty big part of my life. Except for a handful of family members, I'm lucky enough to live out of the broom closet with my friends, family, and coworkers. As a result anyone who steps into my room can pretty much instantly tell by the altar, pagan books, Llewellyn's calander, egyptian art, and jars of herbs that I am a witch!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Vaughan View Post
    I got bored and over excited over writing out my reply so I looked into some traditional witchcraft resources for you! if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Thank you Vaughan! What a great haul! I will check out some of those books when I can

You say a lot of it is based on the lore of your country, which inspires me to look into the practices of indigenous Australians. While I'm not inclined towards the spiritual side of things, I'd love to know how they used native plants and herbs for healing etc. I do try to stay away from treating non-serious maladies with drugs, especially when there are natural remedies that work, if only because it's often much cheaper! (plus, there's things like anti-bacterial resistance, which I'd rather not contribute to if I don't have to). For example, my mum buys cold sore cream from a herbalist that's just a mixture of essential oils, and it works a treat and her cold sore will be gone the next day. Why pay for store-bought cream when nature has its own remedy? While the use of plants for healing is not specifically tied to witchcraft, I can certainly see some cross-over, and I'd love to look into it more.

Though I do follow a very mainstream "conventional" religion, I frequently use oracle cards and I find so much peace through them.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I suppose I'm what you would call an eclectic pagan/spiritualist... I'm especially interested in following the Shamanic path, and I am somewhat of a medicine woman/healer myself. I am part Italian myself, so the talk about Malocchio and Strega is fascinating Sadly, due to life circumstances, I've let myself put a good deal of my practices to the side.

I use crystals a lot, and energy work, but mainly I work a lot in herbal/natural remedies - I'm fairly knowledgeable for being self-taught, and I'd love to take some formal courses on it someday! I've been a healer since I was a child; all my high school friends would call me up when they were sick and ask me for remedies, LOL! I love helping people feel better with natural solutions; I'm a hit at festivals because I'm a walking medicine cabinet.

I believe everything is connected and comes from one central source, and also that we can all connect to a collective consciousness (I believe that there are levels to this, and that the first level is ancestral, the second is global, and then levels go from there that we haven't quite established well yet because we have yet to make real, lasting contact with beings from beyond our planet). I ascribe to a lot of Starseed beliefs, though there are quite a few that I have a hard time taking seriously.

I enjoy using oracles, but more to have a sort of "conversation" with "the force"... I understand that attempting to see into the future is a bit futile, as the future changes every second... But I love playing with pendulums, and sort of playing "guessing games" with tarot/oracles/etc. I kind of have this relationship with a lot of the oracle-type things, as well as crystals; they will literally jump off of shelves and racks at me. Store associates have seen it happen, and they just gift the item to me sometimes because I won't even be touching anything at all and well-secured things jump off their display at me. One deck was on a second row (behind the first row) on a shelf, and the lady at the shop was pretty stunned by it as well. I've acquired a pendulum in a similar way. "Oracle" tools and I just seem to have a good time together, I suppose, even if it's only because it helps tap into the "collective consciousness" or "the force" or whatever.

I love to make some pretty extravagant "medicine pouches" for pagan stuffs, I've made some custom ones for folks that I just adore!

Also, I completely believe in aliens. I have my reasons, but I am 1000% positive that they exist, and I'm fairly certain they've visited us

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Wow, that is so awesome!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Just a note to anyone who uses tarot cards - look what I found on etsy!
    http://www.etsy.com/au/listing/21286...d-hand-stamped

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Oooh Kelda, that's pretty! I had seen that shop's "Ask The Cards" cases before, but those fish scales are just loverly... As is everything else in their shop, LOL!

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

I'm pagan, but kind of do my own thing. very low key lol. I used to do spell work when I was younger and it was always a good experience. I'm still interested in it but I don't have the time or energy to dedicate to it.
    I've always been solitary except for once when I went to a croning ceremony. That was really interesting. I've thought about joining a local coven but I'm shy and wouldn't really be able to be dedicated.

I am a solitary practitioner of the pagan/Wiccian ways.

formerly jayy
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Junior Member North Pacific Pod WaterWitch's Avatar
    Follow WaterWitch On Twitter
    I'm a Druid that helps run an eclectic Pagan church with other volunteers. It's a fairly laid back group rather than a formal coven structure, so just about everyone's welcome who wants to worship with us. I practice with them frequently, but haven't done too much on my own lately. I've been meaning to get back to doing more in a solitary sense.

I've always been pretty close with mythological creatures. Growing up I was practically obsessed with dragons, and I practice dragon magick on a regular basis. I've been wanting to learn more about other magickal creatures, especially merfolk, but as I said haven't been doing much in terms of solitary magick.

Perhaps there's some here who have more experience or advice for working with merfolk? I'd love to hear some other opinions!

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Neri Elvina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Neri Elvina's Youtube Channel
    I have been studying Wicca for a few months now and have always been interested in mythology. I am currently setting up an altar. I have also tried to reach out to Artemis in the past, unsuccessfully.

"the only spells I'm confident casting happen in MMOs, though xD" Same here

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk
    YouTube: Mermaid Neri Elvina
    Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

"Cause I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or Sea, I've got the power if I just believe"

Does anybody know of a temple or coven in LA? While i love being a S.P i would enjoy the company of sisters and brothers of the craft as well.

formerly jayy

Formerly known as jayy

There are many. What trad do you follow? Do you frequent public rituals? Do you network online? Do you have a favorite shop where you get your supplies? It's one thing to practice solitary, it's another thing to sequester yourself. If you want to join a group, you'll have to do the legwork to find the one for you.

Usually, when you are ready, a coven will find you.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I looked for a coven or group for a looooooong time in LA. I wasn't able to find anything online and then eventually realized i dont work well in groups. I like to do my own thing. But anyways, good luck, I haven't found anything, but i haven't looked lately.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWitch View Post
    I'm a Druid that helps run an eclectic Pagan church with other volunteers. It's a fairly laid back group rather than a formal coven structure, so just about everyone's welcome who wants to worship with us. I practice with them frequently, but haven't done too much on my own lately. I've been meaning to get back to doing more in a solitary sense.

I've always been pretty close with mythological creatures. Growing up I was practically obsessed with dragons, and I practice dragon magick on a regular basis. I've been wanting to learn more about other magickal creatures, especially merfolk, but as I said haven't been doing much in terms of solitary magick.

Perhaps there's some here who have more experience or advice for working with merfolk? I'd love to hear some other opinions!
    another Druid! yay!
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Pearlie: thanks! Yeah i usually am in noho at the green man for any supplies and what not but for whatever readon it never occured to me to ask for like work shop times and classes which i know they have. 😧 haha i dont know why i havent asked.
    Wesley: i saw this website called like witchvox. Or something but i havent tried it yet. I just want to check it out ad absorb knowledge and info. I hope i like it but if not than. At least i networked.

formerly jayy

Formerly known as jayy

Just seen this thread. I converted to wicca at a young age after a falling out of my church (long story) I started with a coven, they tried forcing certain things on me and didn't really have an open belief so I went solitary, been happier ever since. Haven't done any spell work in a while. I'm also a lazy witch. Had my alter set up in my last apartment but not this one because I'm probably not going to be here longer. We are looking for a new place. Any books or material you ladies recommend for witches trying to get back into it? Retouching the roots? ~blessed be~
    :Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/geniecruz
    :Model Mayhem:
    www.modelmayhem.com/GenieCruz

*~Dreadful Bliss~*
    Dreadfalls * Hair Extensions * Dread Extensions * Bows * Hairpieces * Jewelry * Photography

Witchvox is a great resource! Getting out there is the first step in finding kindred spirits!

Wicca refresher? I like Scott Cunningham's 'Living Wicca'. He's (was) a pragmatic guy who doesn't get all airy fairy on you.

I have the books, Wicca fron the inside, a guide for the solitary practitioner, practical solitary magic. And a few others too. Im a slow going witch and book reader when it comes to learning anything lol.
    I actually have a forum for witches and other magic practices too! I just learned about witchvox on there today when i was asking about local witches.

formerly jayy

Formerly known as jayy