Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pagan/Witchcraft practicing Merfolk? Anyone?

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I'm not really pagan or doing witchcraft, but I do like their believes more then the ones in the churches. I've been doing energy healing and used pendulums and tarot cards. I even had something come true for a friend at the other side of the world, which was kinda scary. But since the last years I haven't done much with it, which is a shame, cause I enjoyed it.
    I've been thinking about joining a coven, but the few I found have such strict rules that they already scare me off when I read their webside. I just don't like to be bound by rules.
    Your imagination is your only limit

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I practice some metaphysical things like crystal meditation. Crystals are so powerful to me and I use them regularly. I may join and eventually start practicing some form of pagan beliefs but I still have a lot to learn.
    User formerly known as "Allie free".

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    OK im late to the party lol
    sorry haven't had interent for a few weeks

i was taught witchcraft as a kid and delved into Wicca a bit wasn't my thing
    i consider myself a witch by practice
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod Siren Lily's Avatar

Follow Siren Lily on Tumblr
    MY PEOPLE!

My mother was raised by lazy not-so-religious catholics, but she dabbled in so many things. Judaism, Christianity, Paganism. Very eclectic woman. When I was ~8, she was explaining religion to me in the car, she told me that I could be whatever I wanted to be. Without even knowing anything about paganism, the first words out of my mouth were "I want to be a witch!" So, I was, and have been ever since.

I am a neo-classic eclectic pagan, but I really do favor the simple word Witch. My mother is more of a hedgewitch, so I tend to use many of their practices. I love many aspects of many religions, though, because I am of the firm belief that they are all reflections of one another - different names for the same things. My ancestry ties me closely with Norse and Celtic gods and practices, but I sort of do my own thing. Often I simply feel like my "deity" is the universe itself, rather in that everything is energetic and everything is tied together. Magic is a beautiful thing. I love candles, crystals, cards, and spellwork. I actually hope to start making magical supplies (bath salts, ointments, perfumes, potions) and listing them in my etsy soon.

Whenever I walk into the ocean, I feel such a connection with the universe, and it's probably some of the most profound magic I've ever felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Siren Lily View Post
    she told me that I could be whatever I wanted to be. Without even knowing anything about paganism, the first words out of my mouth were "I want to be a witch!" So, I was, and have been ever since.
    I've always heard that if you say it at a young age and without hesitation its because it's your true path. Crazy huh?
    :Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/geniecruz
    :Model Mayhem:
    www.modelmayhem.com/GenieCruz

*~Dreadful Bliss~*
    Dreadfalls * Hair Extensions * Dread Extensions * Bows * Hairpieces * Jewelry * Photography

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod Siren Lily's Avatar

Follow Siren Lily on Tumblr
    How interesting! Seems legit! My full chart, too, (I forget what sign in what house, it's been a while) says "they will be religious their whole life, and faithfully follow the religion they were raised with," or something to that effect.

I vastly prefer the pagan community, anyhow. At least I'll stick around for the company.

been practicing for over a decade!

First of all, LOVE this thread!!!!
    Although it's been a very long time since I've practiced,I still feel very closely connected to the Earth and the Moon. The Wiccan faith was the only system of beliefs that ever really made any sense to me and allowed me to be myself. I felt the healthiest mentally and physically and the most spiritually centered. But then I sort of fell off the broomstick when my life became really complicated and out of control. I stopped practicing and abandoned it completely because there were so many negative things at that point in my life,muddying up my mind and turning me against the things that were actually making me happy!

...But maybe one day,I'll brush off those old books and candles and get back to it with my tree huggin' self!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Member Pod of Cali Aquatic Raider's Avatar

Follow Aquatic Raider on Tumblr
    I'm an agnostic Sea-Witch.

When it comes to my personal practice I deal primarily with warding, spirit working, totem speaking and hex-scribing. And before you jump down my throat about using the word 'totem' to describe my relationships with greater plant/animal spirits I encourage reading "Talking about the Elephant" by Lupa.

I got no fancy spiritual heritage. I've made my path through trial and error and what works best with me. Thats about it.

It's awesome hearing about other peoples spiritual paths!
    Currently swimming with Mertailor Fantasea 3 monofin

I am a witch

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatic Raider View Post
    I'm an agnostic Sea-Witch.

When it comes to my personal practice I deal primarily with warding, spirit working, totem speaking and hex-scribing. And before you jump down my throat about using the word 'totem' to describe my relationships with greater plant/animal spirits I encourage reading "Talking about the Elephant" by Lupa.

I got no fancy spiritual heritage. I've made my path through trial and error and what works best with me. Thats about it.

It's awesome hearing about other peoples spiritual paths!

no one is going to jump down your throat for using the term totem.

everyone walks different paths. I started out Wiccan, but a full on Silver RavenWolf Wiccan. But that path stopped ringing true for me after a while, so I branched out and farther back in history for my path
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Quote Originally Posted by PhaylennMurúch View Post
    no one is going to jump down your throat for using the term totem.

everyone walks different paths. I started out Wiccan, but a full on Silver RavenWolf Wiccan. But that path stopped ringing true for me after a while, so I branched out and farther back in history for my path
    I started off on Silver RavenWolf as well,pretty early on...but I couldn't help but feel like it was too much of a textbook sort of structure of beliefs;like I wasn't reaching in deep enough to find answers but instead,constantly referring back to a book with a GIGANTIC list of 'dos and don'ts' to follow. I felt like (especially being at that age,and really trying to figure things out,) I just couldn't stick to it and was always messing up because I didn't follow her set of instructions EXACTLY...Ahh...to be young lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Pagan author, the late Don Michael Kraig, would always say "QUESTION EVERYTHING"...figure out on your own WHY something is being done a certain way, don't just believe something because someone put it in a book. Author Ed Fitch purposefully put in incorrect information in his Magical Rites from the Crystal Well for the very same reason. If it doesn't ring true for you, examine the reasons why. It could be a clash of traditions, it could be that a different path is what you should seek. DO YOUR RESEARCH!

Silver Ravenwolf has a lot of good info, but she's always seemed a little fluffy for my tastes. But she does sell a lot of books.

The Wiccan Rede makes you think...WILL your actions harm yourself or others? It's easy to follow a religion that has a million rules, you don't have to think. Paganism requires that you consider your deeds.

Paganism is nothing more than the honoring the higher power through Nature. 'Witchcraft' is manipulating energy towards a goal. There is a difference.
    Last edited by PearlieMae; 02-26-2015 at 02:10 PM.

oh I was a full on 'never again the burning times' fluff bunny.

then it hit me, Silvers writings read like Christianity. The rules, the adamant pushing of ONE God and ONE Goddess. How ancient Wicca is, not pagan practices but Wicca itself and when I did my own research on Wicca and Gerald I discovered that I did not want to be part of a harem culture disguised as a spiritual path. I know that there are branches of Wicca that disavow Gerald but it's like Lutherans, in the end it's the same religion but with itty bitty differences
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Member Rocky Mountain Pod Onyx Jewel Catfish's Avatar
    Love this thread! thanks for the reading material list! I have always been a healer. All sick critters did well undery care even as s kid the neighbors would bring over the fogs if they fought somrtex torn up pretty bad, and the cat when his ear would abscess. They would let me tend them where they would barely tolerate the touch of the owner when in pain. That was one reason I studied as to be a Veterinarian technician. I deal a lot in herbalism and gem therapy. I do practice in spell craft on occasion. Also I am a believer that if you never ask for what you desire it us much harder to get! Vision boards are a great tool for me. Thanks again!
    Enjoy Today, Tomorrow Is Not A Promise.

Thinking of picking up paganism.

Mainly because most of my belief system goes hand in hand with paganism.
    (3 fold karma, don't harm others, don't be an asshole in general towards others, questioning everything, respecting nature and honoring a higher power through nature... Mind you I don't believe in a God who rules over everyone and decides the fate of everyone, but I know there should be something.)

I've been doing basic tarot readings since the 9th grade but it's still a little rusty.

Seaglass is actually my pagan name that my friend gave me.
    I'm not sure. Can someone "pick up paganism" or call themselves "pagan" because their beliefs are the same? What do you guys think?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    You don't really have to 'pick it up' or label yourself Pagan. If you study the aspects and it seems like your path, you follow it. It's really no one else's business what your spiritual leanings are.

that makes sense.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    You don't really have to 'pick it up' or label yourself Pagan. If you study the aspects and it seems like your path, you follow it. It's really no one else's business what your spiritual leanings are.
    PearlieMae, you hit the nail on the head.

Oh and hi, I'm late to this party too
    My personal path is not what I would usually like to even call 'Pagan'. It seems that is a name given to those that follow practices other or older than Christianity, and a name given to us by Christians.
    But, I am technically Norse, which is seen as Pagan by mainstream society and I don't really mind it.
    Norse has many forms these days, yet some of those have become a little too similar in practice to the Judeo-Christian practices.
    'Asatru' is one modern interpretation. I'm not knocking it, its style of organization is just not for me.

The Norse religion is not about temples, 'praying' to the gods and asking for things, forgiveness, or to repent in any way. Nor is it about expecting them to have any power to change things for us. The concept being that they are holding the universe together. They are too busy fighting other forces to deal with our petty BS, so we need to use their stories as inspiration to live a good life, to treat all others with fairness, and to be responsible for our own issues, to care for our village, etc.
    If you happen to do something exceptionally amazing, like singlehandedly saving the planet from nuclear war, they might take notice.

For those that die in battle, Odin sends the Valkyries to bring them to Valhalla.
    Instead of praying for things to happen, we find inspiration in the gods for strength, insight, and to find the path to happiness.
    There were and are rituals of course, that historically were more involved with more earthbound deities, but the names of the gods were often spoken nonetheless.
    The Viking tribes throughout Scandinavia had various rituals or what was called a Blot for a good harvest, spring fertility rites, a successful hunt and to ward off illness to name a few. Vikings were farmers and explorers far more often than they were invaders, as media (and the church) has told us for so long...since they tended to sack churches that often held all the gold ;-)
    They were closely connected with the earth, weather patterns and the rhythm of nature, which is probably why they were such amazing shipbuilders and explorers that got farther around the world than anyone at the time. Proof continues to surface that Vikings reached North America well before Columbus landed further South, and other Europeans arrived centuries later.

But I digress; many of these earth-related Norse rituals are still practiced today. Iceland recently decided, after 900+ years, to reinstate its Norse religion as a main religion next to Christianity (it's not in its original form, but they practice a newer version that is known as 'Asatruarfelagid', similar to Asatru mentioned above).
    They are even building a large temple to the Norse gods that will be more a gathering spot and heritage museum than a typical church. It will host weddings, funerals and such and from the descriptions I've heard so far, it sounds like it will be gorgeous.

"The temple will be circular and will be dug 13 feet down into a hill overlooking the Icelandic capital Reykjavik, with a dome on top to let in the sunlight." - NBC News.com

Follow Psychiccupid On Twitter Add Psychiccupid on Facebook Add Psychiccupid on Google+
    Follow Psychiccupid on Tumblr Visit Psychiccupid's Youtube Channel
    Hello! I believe in a subsect of Peganism called "Hellenic Polytheistic Recreationalist" where I believe in the traditional Greek Gods. I know that probably sounds dumb, and childish. But I do believe in them!