Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pagan/Witchcraft practicing Merfolk? Anyone?

Are there any witches in Santa Monica? Or closer? I would love to pick a brain!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Where are you based out of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

San Fernando valley.

Formerly known as jayy

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Hmmmmmm well we could probably meet up in santa monica sometime! I go to school in LA so im not too far.

How in the world did I miss this thread? (Thanks Finnly for bringing it back)
    I'm not pagan but I am a witch, mostly a solitary practitioner mostly because I can only find fluffy witches or the ones who read Silver Ravenwolf like she's the one and only true god, then there are also the wiccans who are determined to tell you that you are also wiccan because you're a witch and every single witch is a wiccan, and you're a bad witch if you practice hexes and don't give 2 shits about the rede.

But on another note, I have a witchy blog if anyone wants to check it out
    http://wildechangeling.tumblr.com (beware, I just posted a photo set of a spell I did and there are boobies)

Pagan/Witchcraft practicing Merfolk? Anyone?

I think you and I might be the same person.

Momo, we have a nature based spirituality group on NAU campus that welcome all paths. We meet Thursday at 6:30 in the com building. We would love to have you and I promise, we aren't those types. Tbh, no one in the group is not a Silverwolf fan. We hold rituals for the main holidays while school is in session and for full moons when they are close to club day. Each week we discuss a different topic. Last week was ritual writing, this week is BOS making and we do other things like dorm safe practice, divination, and lots of other things

I will stop selling now xD. But seriously we do like all the same things and live in the same city. How have we never met...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theMerFanc; 10-22-2015 at 02:39 AM.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    Hmmmmmm well we could probably meet up in santa monica sometime! I go to school in LA so im not too far.
    That sounds good! Just pm me whenever, so we can make a date

Formerly known as jayy

I am second generation Pagan. Eventually I intend to be clergy, but right now, I'm needing to focus more inward. One thing I love about Paganism, it's so eclectic. I love the general "does it work? Are you connected to the divine? Then do what you do" kind of feeling I get at events. I

Also late to the party, but yes.

My specific brand is Kemetic Orthodoxy. If you have questions, ask.
    I also honour some of the Indigenous traditions in my local area, mainly Anishinaabe, Innu and Métis people. Part of that is heritage, part of it is from my Bachelor Degree. I keep both practices entirely separate, and Kemetic Orthodoxy is the primary focus.

~Kaylin

I take a little bit from every culture.

Amapele's Shellphone

I'm pagan. I don't really identify as Wiccan, or really anything, just pagan xD. I am trying to learn more about traditional witchcraft and I've been given a lot of book recommendations. I believe in fairies and spirits and all that. I'm working my way through countless books and they are helping me learn a lot about myself and what I choose to follow.

I'm learning to read tarot cards and I've realized that I am starting to get better so that made me pretty happy
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

I think I'm the first one in the thread to say that I'm Asatruar/Heathen.. I follow the Norse Gods, and am dedicated to Odin.
    My mermaid name, Mardoll is one of the aspects of Freyja.
    Anyone else here work with Norse deities?
    I am the color of the setting sun upon the ocean.
    I am the sound of the breaking wave and the waterfall.
    My sisters are the foam upon the sea.
    - Mermaid Mardöll

Hello. Just found this thread. Its so cool to see so many like minded people!
    I grew up with a christian mother (not a church gower, more a god loves everyone type) and an athiest father. My sister sits as a firm agnostic and i am very pagan.
    For a long time i did not have a word other than pagan for my beliefs. I identified as a druid for a while snd then I got to join a Wiccan coven in Highschool but we were very loose with that word and open to new practices and new people.
    Now i just say pagan again. Mainly i believe that every god exists and they look out for those who believe in them. Which is why when i pray for others i pray to their god. I personally put my faith in the one mother, but believe she more... Set stuff up and left it to us. I am very eclectic and spiritual and empathic, but don't have any real rituals or firm beliefs. I feel we are all connected and call on that energy in different ways, for some its spells, for some its prayers, and for some its their birthday wish. I think nature strengthens this connection and any work I ever do is with water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resurrecting this thread, there's a lot of good info already here and I see no reason to bury by starting a new one.

An acquaintance of mine online, one of the founders of the Water Witches and Sea Witches groups on FB, wrote this lovely little blog post and I want to share it. She writes a lot of good posts, really, she knows her stuff. She's been a speaker at various events, teaches, etc.

Five Ways You Know You Are A Water Witch

I had to chuckle when I saw the part about bottles, I'm almost done unpacking at our new place, and I was setting out all my empty bottles and feeling nice and mermaidy about my hoarding of them. lol Two from Ocean Vodka (one small, one large) because of their shape and color, one from another vodka in a dark blue bottle (I cannot even drink alcohol anymore, allergy but some of the bottles are so cool), a couple little booze bottles, and some from craft stores which have nifty patterns embossed. I plan to retrieve sea water in the large Ocean bottle once I've cleaned off the lettering, and then if we get any rain at all this autumn, I'll collect it in the other. I need to go to the lighthouse nearby and collect soil from there, and maybe water from the tide pools.

And I have a bathtub here, which is awesome, and I cannot wait to take magickal baths. I just feel like I need to get my entire house settled, unpacked, all set for living, before I can indulge in anything past a quick shower.

Here's a pagan mermaid! Someone pagan from Spain?

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Glad to still see this active!
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

Right here. Im not specific with the types of paganism and wicca. I study all of it when i can

Mermaid Merliah

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    electric Essex witch
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...