Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Faeries

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Galene View Post
    My ice fairy wings just arrived! But I'm sitting in a doctor's office, so I haven't been able to play with them yet.
    Ooh! Pics when you can get them. I've been dying to do an ice fairy for years.

love the wings Fenicia.
    Lorelei pics of your wings?
    Mermaid Enora

Me too, Fenecia. And what a great idea with the fairy dolls!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene Web• Neptune's Keep Web• Facebook•MG YouTube•NK YouTube•Etsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I've been a fae folk longer than I've been a mermaid... Well, in costume, anyways! I've been both at heart since I was a child

I've made several sets of wings, using the pantyhose method (though I really, really decorated mine so they looked very nice), and I'd like to make some out of cellophane or the right fabric soon. I usually use disassembled coat hangers for the wire, LOL!

I make floral crowns as well, I'd love to make a tutorial for my method, but I haven't got the supplies to actually show you... Though I could totally illustrate it if you'd like!

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    My sea fan wings are by Fancy Fairy and my tail is by Finfolk. I do most of my creating in my head.
    (Formerly known as Ζolius)

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    I've been a fae folk longer than I've been a mermaid... Well, in costume, anyways! I've been both at heart since I was a child

I've made several sets of wings, using the pantyhose method (though I really, really decorated mine so they looked very nice), and I'd like to make some out of cellophane or the right fabric soon. I usually use disassembled coat hangers for the wire, LOL!

I make floral crowns as well, I'd love to make a tutorial for my method, but I haven't got the supplies to actually show you... Though I could totally illustrate it if you'd like!
    Miyu, that tutorial sounds great! I'm down for illustrations if you're okay with sharing your method.
    I lost my heart to the Ocean
    and with it, a piece of my
    soul
    https://instagram.com/mermaid_nerida/

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I know ill be doing this in the future. once i finish my tail?

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Fancy Fairy is now experimenting with fiber optic lighting in wings... WANT!
    (Formerly known as Ζolius)

Yes, Miyu! Love to learn how you make your flower crowns. And Dan, now you done gone and made me drool on my keyboard!

Mermaid Galene Web• Neptune's Keep Web• Facebook•MG YouTube•NK YouTube•Etsy Shop

So I spent the evening meeting my ice faerie wings. Squeee! The unpacking was a pain, with glitter all over the kitchen and the contents of the box reeking nauseatingly of perfume. And I could see that the flimsy straps included were useless. But then I put those pretty babies on, and fell in loooooove!

Name:  Ice fairy wings1sm.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  351.0 KB

Name:  Ice fairy wings7sm.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  656.4 KB

Name:  Ice fairy wings12sm.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  208.5 KB

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Okay, I'll work on sketching up a little tutorial this week! :3 I love my method, I wear them to renfaires/fairy festivals and all the flower-sellers there have to look at mine, heehee I just wish I had the few supplies so I could photograph it for you!

I went to a fairy festival in Pennsylvania once, and Twig was there! ^_^ She is just too precious

Edited to add: Galene, you look adorable! Those wings are just too cute <3

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

nice wings Galene!

Here's a pic of my fairy boots. Mine are purple the others are my sisters'
    We each made our own pair.
    Name:  IMG_1433.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  93.0 KB
    Mermaid Enora

Thanks, Miyu! The ice wings need a few finishing touches. I'm going to wrap the antenna/ base wires in white feather boa to make it more of a moth and to fit with the trumpeter swan theme of my first winged gig. I also have a silver rose to cover the stabilizer bar, and I'll make some heavy duty padded and decorated backpack straps.

Oh, those are awesome, Enora!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    THOSE SHOES OMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    The ice wings look wonderful!

galene, if you have a corset the stabilizer bar could possibly sit down that to hold the wings up if its sturdy enough wire?
    that way no straps would be showing at all.
    My wings have a huge stabilizer bar that sits down my corset.
    Mermaid Enora

Galene, the wings are lovely!

That's something I wanted to ask about, Enora. I've always been leery of boned corsets because I get costal chondritis (inflammation of the cartilages that hold the ribs together) when too much pressure is put on my ribcage. I also have some sensitive spots on my spine, and I wouldn't want metal digging in there. OTOH, I definitely see the advantage of wearing a corset with wings. I just bought this pattern on Etsy:

Name:  Faerie costume pattern (sm).jpg
Views: 196
Size:  188.2 KB

Name:  B3906.gif
Views: 192
Size:  21.6 KB

Do you think the wing bar would be stable enough tucked down into the vest if the vest has no boning? Or would the wing bar just wobble more and dig into my back? I suppose I could cushion the bar with foam inside the vest. That might hold it steady while at the same time keeping it from hurting me.

What I did with my wing bar (the u shape) is sandwich it between two pieces of thick leather. I glued it with gorilla glue and put holes in it so I could further stabilize it with zip ties. It is so comfortable.