Visit Mermaid Neri Elvina's Youtube Channel
    The fluke looks like a leaf! So pretty!

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk
    YouTube: Mermaid Neri Elvina
    Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

"Cause I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or Sea, I've got the power if I just believe"

Wow!!! You're so talented!!! Your tail is going to look amazing, I can't wait to see it!!

Follow PaolaMF On Twitter Add PaolaMF on Facebook Add PaolaMF on Google+ Add PaolaMF on MySpace
    Visit PaolaMF's Youtube Channel
    I do not understand where is the: thinned out with paint thinner. I do not understand that serving or is that step.
    PaolaMF Mermaid Fantasy Studios
    all my designs and products are registered, be different, be original, thanks. SAFE CREATIVE ( copyright registration )
    silicone mermaid tail : http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...antasy-Studios
    facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Merma...266693?fref=ts
    instagram : https://instagram.com/mermaid_paola/
    twitter : https://twitter.com/misspaolamf
    youtube : https://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidFantasyTails

WOW, those sculpts are GORGEOUS!

Very beautiful sculpting I hope you will be able to finish it by the end of the month as you have planned.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    BEAUTIFUL sculpting job!!!

I'm so watching over this thread! This is just amazing!

Holy crap, those fin sculpts are GORGEOUS. How long did they all take you? Mine is taking me forEVER and I feel like it's way less elegant than yours!

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    This is going to be really beautiful. Those bracers look awesome! Love the spots!

Aw shucks, thank everyone! I just put the last coat of mold material on the fluke so if all goes well, I'll begin casting silicone and assembling my tail in just a few days!

@Theobromine: Each of the smaller fin sets took probably 3-4 hours, and the fluke I'd say was around 16 (I watched like 3 seasons of Community while sculpting it!), all spread out over a couple weeks. I was working in Prima Plastilina, which is pretty soft, so that made things go much faster.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    *drooling over those fins*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow! Your fluke is so beautiful!

Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

You guys are so sweet I'm seriously considering opening up a tailmaking shop since all the response has been so positive. (And also because I have a design for a She Creature tail that I'm dying to make but absolutely cannot justify the cost of making a second tail for myself lol)

I've got each of the smaller fin molds cleaned out, and got most of the fluke cleaned today. So far I've only found one area of the mold that failed - looks like there was a pretty big bubble at the very tip of one of the rays, but I think I can fill it in with clay. If not, it won't be too hard to clean up that spot after casting the silicone. Most of my weekend is going to be spent cleaning house and cooking in preparation for a Game of Thrones premiere party on Sunday, but I hope I have time to finish cleaning the molds so I can make my tail!

My big order of pigments arrived yesterday. There's 1/4 lb of crazy sparkly glitter sitting on my counter right now.

Also, made myself a pair of hair pins inspired by one of my favorite versions of The Little Mermaid!

Here's the movie version:

Here's the "classic" one I made based on it:

And here's the more ornate one I made to go with the seashell top I'm working on (it's the same color pearl as the first one, it just looks different in the lighting):

These are definitely going to be available for sale because they're SO MUCH FUN TO MAKE. I started a thread for it here if you're interested

that would be so cool! since I think you said you were local that would be fun because then I could just pick it up!

user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

I actually live in Portland but I'm down in the Bay Area pretty regularly visiting family. I would definitely traffic your tail across state lines. Alternatively, you could road trip up to Portland! It's a gorgeous drive and we have amazing food up here.

Senior Member Pod of The South SeaMonkey's Avatar
    that is BEAUTIFUL
    I'm no ordinary girl
    I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or sea the worlds my oyster
    I'm the pearl
    No ordinary girl

I have friends in Portland and would have no problem driving up there! I love Oregon so much the drive is completely worth it

user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Senior Member Pod of The South SeaMonkey's Avatar
    this is pure awesomeness (luv that song anyway)
    I'm no ordinary girl
    I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or sea the worlds my oyster
    I'm the pearl
    No ordinary girl