Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another MERMAN top post!

new design drawing: opinions?

Name:  mt2.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  127.8 KB

Neat concept and nice detail on the shading and texture. I kinda miss the starfish, but I suppose this does make it look more like part of the merman, rather than something that one wears. I do like that the chest looks more fishy and less crocodilian than the last concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidmechanic View Post
    new design drawing: opinions?

Name:  mt2.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  127.8 KB
    This looks awesome!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I like the idea about something for a merman. ( ha ha eat that mermaids) We lack stuff for us guys an something would be great.
    Be Happy Swim Free

not bad so far. The one idea I had would be a tunic like shirt that looks like kelp leaves wrapped up.

Poking my head in this thread for the first time, I love the idea of a merman armor like that.
    /can't draw so won't submit ideas

Thank you all for feedback. I'm still going back and forth on whether or not I'm entirely satisfied with the design. I'm still a little iffy on the fins, although I do like the new chest piece.

Late the party but interested. XD

OKAY! So, I'm finally back home from my 5 week training course. I'm not sculpting yet, because I want to practice on something smaller before I take on something of this caliber. I'm currently sculpting/ casting a mask for an unrelated project, and if that comes out well, I'll get to sculpting for the top. ^_^

Hey there! How'd the mask sculpting go?

Senior Member Pod of The South
    OMG I'm going to NEED this! xD Haha, I'll definitely have to try making my own top sometime (though I worry I might get awful tan lines and look weird when not wearing it...). Keep up the great work! Just a thought, maybe you could try making the the pectorals breastplate area look like undetailed scalop shells? Idk, I've liked all the designs you have come up with so far. You should make this into a professional business (You could sell male and female tops, accessories and even, maybe, tails). I'm pretty sure you'd be the first person to sell merman tops! That in itself would be a cool thing to have on a website!
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Mhara's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Mhara on Facebook
    Omg <3333 love it all!!

I'd totes buy the first winged/starfish top, and the latest design they are beyond awesome!!
    The Mermaid Of Anglesey

Find me on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Angleseymer...homepage_panel

Formerly known as Merman Vaughan...now I'm a mermaid heh.

These designs look fantastic! I especially like the little hanging fin-bits. I bet they would create some really nice movement in the water.