Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Vent about your high school experiences!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mer-gal's Avatar

Vent about your high school experiences!

I thought I should start this thread for any high school story you might want to get off your chest. It can be a funny story, a sad story, a story about bullying, a story about being excluded, a story that makes you question humanity, or even a story that restores faith in humanity. Before you post your experience please state what kind of story it is so people know what they are about to read and make a decision if they want to read it or not.

I will go first as an example:

A story about being excluded:

So yesterday there were two events going on. Both failed to invite me, but didn't forget to rub it in that I was uninvited.
    The first event was a birthday party a friend of mine was having. She invited every single one of our friends but me. They were all talking about it at school and I was just sitting there awkwardly. Then they were posting pictures on Facebook. Basically they excluded me and then ribbed it in my face.
    The second event was a group of people going to the movies together. This was hosted by one of my team mates. She was sitting next to me inviting every single person on our team but me to go with her. Then she decided to talk to me about how much fun the were going to have and what movie they were going to see. She never invited me.
    Stuff like this happens to me all the time.

That is two things in one night that I was excluded from. That has to be some kind of record, right?

Any way I have tons of stories to tell, and I am everyone else does too. So post them down below and we can all laugh, or cry together.

This is also a story about being excluded, by my best friends:
    Every weekend, my best friends have sleepovers, go to the movies, go to the mall, whatever, and I never get invited to do any of these things with them. I recently turned fifteen and when my friend (no name) got me a gift, one of my other friends, (no name) got upset because I got a gift for my birthday. Like, really?! She then went on and on about how the friend that got me a gift never got her anything for Christmas, and how she felt like she deserved something. My last friend just stayed out of it, and commented on how pretty my gift was. They then proceeded to talk about how much fun they were going to have that weekend, and I was never invited (I have many times told them how left out I feel, and have invited them all over to my house, thinking that they are just afraid that my dad won't let me go.) But, alas, I remain alone on the weekends, and will hear all about the fun they had on Monday.

P.S.
    Mer-gal, I hope things get better for you.
    I lost my heart to the Ocean
    and with it, a piece of my
    soul
    https://instagram.com/mermaid_nerida/

^ Oh that's awful. Why do some girls have to be so mean. *sigh*
    Do you think it would be wrong for you, Mermaid Nerida, to go to school on Monday and be like;
    Your friends- "We had so much fun doing this, blah, blah, blaaaah"
    You- "Wow I had the best time over the weekend too. I went to (insert cool place that would make them jealous here) and had a blast! I was going to invite you guys, but I figured you were going to be hanging out together without me. Looks like I was right."
    Then you start to walk away but after a few steps you turn around and say, "Hey next time you guys want to hang out maybe you should give me a call. Or you can learn some sense of tact and not tell me all about your 'great weekend' when you know I was uninvited and left out."
    Then you walk away smiling.

I started mermaiding when I was in high school! One day I got a text from a friend saying "Did you see what *insert name* put about you on Twitter?" I went on Twitter to find a photo of me in my mermaid tail with the caption "I hate when people dress like f*cking idiots. You're from Nova Scotia, not under the sea." Basically the whole school started retweeting it and making their own tweets giving their two cents. People in my school sucked. I broke down that day in class about it and ended up running out of class because the people sitting in front of me were talking and laughing about the whole situation. Every teacher in the school heard about it (some even confronted me about it) and apparently rumors started going around that I was going to commit suicide because of it. As much as I was upset about it at the time, looking back I realize how immature everyone is in high school.
    Mermaid Nessie
    Canadian Mermaids Inc.
    nessiemermaid@gmail.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nessiemermaid?ref=hl

^ OMG that is so wrong. I am outcast-ed because of my tail but what happened to you is so bad. I am so sorry for how they treated you.

People make fun of what they don't understand. It scares them.
    Mermaid Nessie
    Canadian Mermaids Inc.
    nessiemermaid@gmail.com

Hey girls! I'm a freshman in college now, but there were plenty of times in high school when I was left out by friends for whatever reason. I know it stinks right now, but trust me, everything will get better! You make so many more true friends when you leave high school!
    Don't let anyone put you down because of what you love to do! Nessie, you're a pro mermaid. Flaunt it! I bet 100% of the girls making fun of you wanted to be a mermaid when they were little. They just don't understand that it's a job and hobby for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-gal View Post
    ^ Oh that's awful. Why do some girls have to be so mean. *sigh*
    Do you think it would be wrong for you, Mermaid Nerida, to go to school on Monday and be like;
    Your friends- "We had so much fun doing this, blah, blah, blaaaah"
    You- "Wow I had the best time over the weekend too. I went to (insert cool place that would make them jealous here) and had a blast! I was going to invite you guys, but I figured you were going to be hanging out together without me. Looks like I was right."
    Then you start to walk away but after a few steps you turn around and say, "Hey next time you guys want to hang out maybe you should give me a call. Or you can learn some sense of tact and not tell me all about your 'great weekend' when you know I was uninvited and left out."
    Then you walk away smiling.
    This sounds like a great idea, thanks! They're my best friends and I'm sure they dont do it on purpose, (I think they don't invite me because my dad is a teacher and has given them all -inluding me- detention and they're kinda afraid of him not allowing me to be friends with them anymore) I'm definitely going to try your idea and have a chat with them...

Sent from my shell phone under the sea!
    soul

^ Your dad gave you a detention! What did you do . . . if you don't mind me asking?

If now in university, and most people around here think mermaiding is super cool and support it. It's just a high school thing to stick to the status quo.
    Mermaid Nessie
    Canadian Mermaids Inc.
    nessiemermaid@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-gal View Post
    ^ Your dad gave you a detention! What did you do . . . if you don't mind me asking?
    He told me not to dance (he's my choir director) and I did it anyway. I totally deserved that d-hall.
    soul

^Thank god everyone says high school goes by fast.

Another story:

This is about being pressured into doing something. (Also some comedy)

Sooooo, this would be my first year in high school and there for there is a lot of pressure to date. Especially from the females in my family. I literally get a call almost every night by a new family member telling me about a dress they saw and asking me if I asked anyone to snow ball. (what we call a dance in mid winter where the girls ask guys.)
    I am extremely awkward around people. Especially people my age and the opposite gender. When I talk to guys I tend to mumble, fidget, spaz a little. If I attempted to ask a guy to a dance I would probably get so nervous I would puke... on him. seriously.
    I also haven't matured at the same rate as people in my school. I am just not into dating yet. I don't think I am ready to date or ask someone out.

I also don't think I want to go to the dance any way. I went to the homecoming dance, and it was mentally scaring. There was so much dirty dancing! It was so bad.
    All the people who did the dirty dancing would "chase" the freshmen who weren't dancing dirty. By chase I mean, in mid grind (a form of dirty dancing), they would scurry across the dance floor after you. Not to get you to participate, most of the time, but basically to make you feel as uncomfortable as possible.
    I got so upset and awkward I hid behind the punch counter serving punch, making punch, and dividing up snacks.

It was kind of awful.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Don't worry loves, a few years from now, high school is a little unpleasant blip on the timeline of your life. The things that mattered may not anymore and the things that seemed horrible might just be mildly embarrassing in retrospect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, once you're out of high school the majority of these people won't matter. Even friends, university/college changes things, you all are in your own little worlds, go to different schools and high school isn't there to hold friends together.
    Mermaid Nessie
    Canadian Mermaids Inc.
    nessiemermaid@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Nessie View Post
    If now in university, and most people around here think mermaiding is super cool and support it. It's just a high school thing to stick to the status quo.
    Oops I knew that! Your vlogs are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Maethor View Post
    Oops I knew that! Your vlogs are awesome!
    Thank you! I'm glad you like them I'm soon going to do a vlog about bullying and all that jazz, I'd just like to cover a few more topics before that!
    Mermaid Nessie
    Canadian Mermaids Inc.
    nessiemermaid@gmail.com

^That's awesome! It's definitely a topic that needs to be talked about.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    tbh i keep my mermaiding secret. only to trusted friends.i havent told my bf about it yet. im waiting until i finish the new tail im planning on to tell him.

this is about the table by the windows second from the door

so at lunch the janiors are really nosey.
    freshmen year i befriend a senoir. we were both anime nerds. i love this friend she is super cool! when she tells one of her stories she can get super invested and we often get looks from said janitors listening in on our conversation.

now that my friend went to colledge i sit with my PE group. ever scince middle school we formed this group of nerds that usally stick together in PE and such but we dont have PE together anymore so we sit together at lunch + acouple of people. we always have the weridest conversations and i always see this jonitor's reaction as she listens in.
    once my asexual friend told me i was drawing dicks wrong and was showing me how its done. she was drawing it small and i was drawing it medium size because im not afrid to draw anything until the janitor who looks over everyone's shoulder jumped in on me with no warning "is that a penis?" like chill atleast im drawing it on paper and not on school property like some people.

im only a sophmore in highschool. i faced all my embarassing moments in middle school so im doing well in highschool. the only bad things i had so far are with other werid people.

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I was part of a little group of musical theater nerds in high school, we never left the drama room!
    Mermaid Nessie
    Canadian Mermaids Inc.
    nessiemermaid@gmail.com

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    oh wait nope i remeber something.

ok so im just gonna say it. im not the most social pretty butterfly in the bunch but i have one thing going for me
    my butt.
    i was born with a cuban booty and it gives me curves. thing is one day in science class i was in my seat until i over hear the conversation behind me
    "Her booty is perfect! but she is sooooo damn ugly!" the girl right behind me was trying to stop it because she was the only one that noticed i was RIGHT THERE listening as they talk about me LITERALLY behind my back! again trying to stop it like "come on guys thats mean"
    im not insulted about what they had to say but insulted that they didnt notice i was RIGHT THERE
    luckly for me i was moved to another science class to help balance out full classrooms. but this happend more then once when i catch people talking shit about the girl that litteraly never spoke a word to them. again its not what they say that insults me. ITS WHEN THEY LET THEMSELVES GET CAUGHT LIKE SERIOUSLY?! some try to brush it off and be like "oh shit she's watching" "heeeeeeeeey joker whats up!!" but that is much more insulting. not only did you let yourself get caught but you think im dumb enough to let it slide. think about this the next time you put up the idiotoc offer that you think might actually work of friendship in exchange for answers

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧