Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking Help from Merfamily!

Seeking Help from Merfamily!

Hello Everyone, I'm reaching out to all of you to help me become the known Mermaid for Daytona Beach. I help with the kids around my apartment and my town and teach them, ocean safety and help to keep our oceans clean, but unfortunately I do not have the funds for my own tail. I would love for you all to help me if possible or at least share it on facebook, twitter, and or tumblr. So please help a fellow mermaid, get her tail.

http://www.gofundme.com/The_Orca_Mermaid

Please and thank you
    I love you all
    A Proud Mermaid, who just needs to find her tail

I'm A Pansexual, and Single.

To be honest you are probably better reaching out to the outside community not here personally I won't be able to fund you cause I am saving for my own dream tail which to give some perspective will probably be around $7000 Australian Dollars. And I know there are a lot of others here that are saving for there dream tail too.

I personally didn't want to go asking people I know for funds etc as that is not me! And I was considering trying to funding but I figured after reading the bad rep mermaids have when asking for funding etc that it wasn't worth doing. And it felt just wrong so I personally have a lot of saving to do to even get my dream tail. But I hope this post explains why I or most others probably and most likely won't be able to help you out here.

Really most people in this forum have achieved there dream tail through the hard work of savings not by relying on funding. I am not trying to be a downer here but me personally I am going to be giving up a lot to try and save for my dream tail particularly since I don't have work.

Hope this helps but good luck with your fund anyway
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Rebecca".

ETSY PAGE!
    MERMAID SILVERLILLY FACEBOOK PAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Silverlilly View Post
    To be honest you are probably better reaching out to the outside community not here personally I won't be able to fund you cause I am saving for my own dream tail which to give some perspective will probably be around $7000 Australian Dollars. And I know there are a lot of others here that are saving for there dream tail too.

I personally didn't want to go asking people I know for funds etc as that is not me! And I was considering trying to funding but I figured after reading the bad rep mermaids have when asking for funding etc that it wasn't worth doing. And it felt just wrong so I personally have a lot of saving to do to even get my dream tail. But I hope this post explains why I or most others probably and most likely won't be able to help you out here.

Really most people in this forum have achieved there dream tail through the hard work of savings not by relying on funding. I am not trying to be a downer here but me personally I am going to be giving up a lot to try and save for my dream tail particularly since I don't have work.

Hope this helps but good luck with your fund anyway
    Thank you for your advice. I have been though hell in back trying to save for the funds to ether make my tail or order it, and found out that what I was doing was making my right foot hurt badly I found out I couldn't swim if I continued, I had to quit. It sucks, and I have been trying to find a job but I have to wait for my foot to get better. Also you are not a downer at all

Thanks I know what its like I have had a bad run for 9 years here and am only just starting to get better but I don't want to go on to any of that as it just is my past that I don't want to go back to or think about. (Foot problem too including 3 surgeries)

Hope your foot is better soon!

ETSY PAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Silverlilly View Post
    Thanks I know what its like I have had a bad run for 9 years here and am only just starting to get better but I don't want to go on to any of that as it just is my past that I don't want to go back to or think about. (Foot problem too including 3 surgeries)

Hope your foot is better soon!
    Thank you so much, I hope you get your dream tail!

Thanks wising you luck too!

ETSY PAGE!

Thank you so much:3

Hey! Another Volusia mermaid--awesome! WavyMermaidy and I are in the NSB area.

Good luck! I just wanted to introduce myself as a nearby neighbor. :P

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    Hey! Another Volusia mermaid--awesome! WavyMermaidy and I are in the NSB area.

Good luck! I just wanted to introduce myself as a nearby neighbor. :P
    Yay! I'm glad you two are so close! Maybe we can meet up one day and swim together!

I've known Wavy for two years and met up a couple times but still not yet gone for a swim. Maybe this'll be the summer I can finally make a FL meet-up.

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    I've known Wavy for two years and met up a couple times but still not yet gone for a swim. Maybe this'll be the summer I can finally make a FL meet-up.
    Ooo, cool! I hopes its close! lol I'm actually getting ready to say screw the weather too, I long for the water lol.

There are a lot of us FL mers! NSB is within driving distance from me, and is a lovely beach itself! Come hang out in the Pod of the South forum, and join us in deciding our next pod swim!

Also, if you want good quality and save on cost, why not invest in a good neoprene tail? I think you can talk to MorticiaMermaid and you can get a good Orca one at a decent price. I would love to see an orca mer with our pod!

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

I would love to join! When is the next pod swim? And I will look up morticia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk