Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Mer Convention

It is a con like merfest. Merfest had Hannah perform, the synchronized swimmers, and the fashion show, we are looking at doing something similar, just looking at getting more of the general community involved for those who may want to. I currently teach mermaid lessons at the aquatic center and they want to have my merlings perform so I though why not give the comunity a chance to be invovled as well. We will also have classes, open swim, vendors, and a kids zone as well. Mermaiding is very new to my city and the aquatic center I'm at. If we are going to try to make this an annual thing we need to make a big splash in order to be welcomed back, performances that show what we can do can accomplish this. We will have plenty of other things to do for those not interested in the performances.
    "If you can't find magic in the world, then you have to create your own." -Mermaid Meara
    Link is to a video of my tail. http://youtu.be/WEb8_bovb9g
    "I will not film you drown in that thing!" - little bro when I asked him to film me in my tail

I'm interested in going. Depending on my funds at the time, I wouldn't mind having a small booth as well to sell starfish hair clips, seashell pairs etc.
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Oh, this sounds so cool! How about a mini festival of the mermaid instead? Since this would be a first year event, I think it would be easier to manage a two day thing in a small venue. I would love to come out and volunteer as part of staff. I've been working conventions for the last 4 years. I'm still training myself in free diving lessons, but I would love to perform the following year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we're not hosting a convention, per se, but we are having a professional workshop. The Mercademy, a training program for beginners, is hosting a week of workshops August 3-8 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We'll be announcing our final list of guest speakers/teachers coming in from all over the country (and maybe even across the boarder) by June 1. It's focused on training and skill building during the day, with fun fellowship and networking in the evenings. Not a convention with celebrities and panels, just training. www.TheMercademy.com I'd love to have a convention, though. I loved the NC MerFest and the Northwest Mountain MerFest earlier this year. I'd love to bring all those folks to Texas!
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

what!? the first Texas Mer Convention! sounds like a great idea! the merfest of texas I wish I could go thou

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLWatson View Post
    Well, we're not hosting a convention, per se, but we are having a professional workshop. The Mercademy, a training program for beginners, is hosting a week of workshops August 3-8 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We'll be announcing our final list of guest speakers/teachers coming in from all over the country (and maybe even across the boarder) by June 1. It's focused on training and skill building during the day, with fun fellowship and networking in the evenings. Not a convention with celebrities and panels, just training. www.TheMercademy.com I'd love to have a convention, though. I loved the NC MerFest and the Northwest Mountain MerFest earlier this year. I'd love to bring all those folks to Texas!
    Wish I could come, but I'll be out of town then.
    Mermaid Enora

I'm taking a trip in August, and I can't take two mer vacations in one month. Not allowed
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I would SO go to a Texas mermaid convention! Even if it's in Midland!

Ok, so we have decided on the weekend of September 2-4, 2016. Right now we are working on figuring out who we have performing, classes, guest speakers, and venders.
    "If you can't find magic in the world, then you have to create your own." -Mermaid Meara
    Link is to a video of my tail. http://youtu.be/WEb8_bovb9g
    "I will not film you drown in that thing!" - little bro when I asked him to film me in my tail

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I make wire wrapped jewelry and would be interested in vending.

Great! Keep us posted!
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Junior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Isla's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Isla On Twitter Add Mermaid Isla on Facebook Add Mermaid Isla on Google+
    Why Midland? Why not somewhere closer to people like Dallas/Austin/Houston? :0

That's only about a 2 hour drive from Balmorhea - may need to make this a week long road trip.
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

I'm in for 2016!
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

*peeps into old thread*
    What ever happened to this idea?
    *slips back underwater and lurks*

It is still a work in progress. We hit a few snags due to another con that was helping us get started stealing the date we had planned. We are looking for a new date but it has been pushed back until 2017

Glad to hear it didn't die! I'm still willing to give it a go

Travel is SUPER cheap in October/EARLY November, if that helps.
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com