Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye makeup opinions

Eye makeup opinions

I fully admit it, I'm not experienced with wearing makeup. Whenever I look at myself with makeup, even if it's been professionally done, I can't help but think that I look ready for Halloween.

So, I'm trying out a few different looks for my mermaid makeup- something I know I need, because I look like a corpse underwater. I tried a couple of different things with my eyes today. Does it look as weird as I think, or am I being overly critical?

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod Siren Lily's Avatar

Follow Siren Lily on Tumblr
    Personally, I think it looks lovely! If you're not a fan of wearing a ton of eyeshadow, or bold colors, this is perfect. It's subtle, but it appears to be shimmery and that's eye-catching. Very pretty.

I think it is awesome, but I like to wear shiny eye shadow all the time. A bright orange or yellow could look nice on you too. I find that I really like to wear gold or silver eye shadow. Silver eye shadow is definitely subtle, but gives a nice look.

I haven't checked the other makeup topics before, but here is a tip: I always put my eye shadow on with water. I get the brush, little makeup foam thing, or whatever and get it a little wet, then I get the makeup on it, and the makeup will usually be much more vibrant if you put it on using water and also, it will stay on better when you swim with your makeup on. I have all kinds of makeup -cheep kinds, better kinds, etc and so far putting it on with water seems to work very well.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I'm not normally a makeup person either; I like my face just fine in its natural state. But mermaiding is theatre, and theatre kinda requires makeup. So I just googled "mermaid eye makeup" and found all sorts of great ideas. Also check Raina's tutorials; she's an expert!

And I think what you did here looks great!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

I'm going against what everyone else is saying, if you say you look like a corpse then you need some brighter purples, maybe some pinks or greens, and I know it was just your eyes but you'll need a good amount of blush and lipstick if you want a non-corpse look since you are pale (I'm also pale, so I totally get this, and I"m not anti-natural, etc etc) but I think the makeup is pretty for a dry party, but underwater if you want it to show up, your gonna need more.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

^ good point. It depends on how much of an impact you want to make. Like they recommend for bellydance/stage makeup, you really need to apply more than you think you should in order for people from a distance (including photographers) to even see. And the fact that mermaids are this fun, mythical creature... I mean, having a tail is pretty crazy. Don't be afraid to let your makeup match.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    Looks pretty good. I would say for the color of your eyes a light green would look better sence you have light colored eyes.
    Be Happy Swim Free

There is this great free software online that you can take a picture of yourself and do a virtual makeover and try so many different makeup options without wasting any real makeup! http://www.taaz.com/

i can hardly see your eye lashes in the second pic. maybe some mascara would help the overall look as well.
    urban decay cannonball mascara is really good underwater. it doesn't run a bit
    Mermaid Enora

I was a weirdo and thought it would be a good idea to show you an example of what the virtual makeover thing can do. Its pretty useful! I cant find the site that doesnt require an account to save a picture though. :/

Name:  mermaids.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  45.9 KB

WOW that is amazing!!
    Could you just print screen the picture?
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Cool! Really brings out her eyes!

I didnt think of print screen. @_@ Thats probably a good way to get around making an account! Here is a before and after so you can see what the program added. You have a lot of natural beauty to work with Princess Pearl!

Name:  mm2.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  73.8 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    That looks really really good. I like it an no you do not look like a corpse.
    Be Happy Swim Free

I like it, but I think the main determinate for what colors to wear is what color your tail(s) are.

My tail is purple, and most of my accessories are pearl. Thus, my name

I tried something a bit heavier. Thoughts?

Excuse the wet hair, I tested this look in the shower. MUFE aqua eyes and aqua cream eyeshadow. It didn't budge! I'm quite proud of the little dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Pearl View Post
    My tail is purple, and most of my accessories are pearl. Thus, my name

I tried something a bit heavier. Thoughts?

Excuse the wet hair, I tested this look in the shower. MUFE aqua eyes and aqua cream eyeshadow. It didn't budge! I'm quite proud of the little dots.

This looks great! You have beautiful eyes, I also think something like this (Picture underneath) would look pretty on you as well.

Sent from my shell phone under the sea!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I lost my heart to the Ocean
    and with it, a piece of my
    soul
    https://instagram.com/mermaid_nerida/

Last one for now! I promise!

I figured maybe I should try it with the rest of the make up. And accessories. Ok, I just wanted to play dress up.

The smile also helps, I think

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Including all the bits and bobs always seems to make a difference! You look lovely!
    You could try a bit of eyebrow definer, but with the eye shadow it runs the risk of being too much. You can always have a play though

Eye makeup opinions

I'm getting better! I figure if I feel like I'm dressed for halloween, I might as well go all the way. Also, since I have hooded eyes there's no point in doing fancy stuff on my lids, since you can't see it.

I wanted to do scales, so I thought I'd give the "wrap fishnet on your face and fill in the gaps" method a try. Everything's waterproof, mostly I'm using MUFE Aqua Cream. If the pool didn't close in three minutes I'd go down and test it.