Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Tails

Texas Tails

Just curious, for those in Texas only, what types of tail/s do you own?
    sillicone (merbellas, finfolk, mertailor, pearlie, sirenalia, etc), fabric, neoprene, sequins, self made, and so on.
    I myself have a self made sequin neoprene tail.
    Just curious to see what kind of variety of tails we have in the great and big State of Texas.
    Last edited by Mermaid Enora; 02-05-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    Mermaid Enora

I got a latex silicone tail I am an hour from Austin I was wondering is there any where up there to go swimming at in the tail, I have no clue I am new to this and I want to get up with some mers who do partys and corporate events etc, you have a sequin tail how did you make that what kind of sequins...I love mermaid Celine think that's how you spell it, she sequins are so amazing I was thinking to do that to mine as I have free time I can do it by had I have no idea how to use a machine, how did you make it...

I have a Silicone Pearlie Mae tail on the way.

My job provides me with a Slilicone FinFolk (very early gen) during work hours.

Jade shadows,
    im having a photo shoot in two weeks and then everyone can see my tail. Big reveal haha...
    ill then be starting a thread of how I did it, kind of a backwards way of doing it.
    as for meet ups look into the Texas pod threads there's several about that and we're possibly having a DFW meet up in March if you want to drive up?
    Mermaid Enora

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Shadows View Post
    I got a latex silicone tail I am an hour from Austin I was wondering is there any where up there to go swimming at in the tail, I have no clue I am new to this and I want to get up with some mers who do partys and corporate events etc, you have a sequin tail how did you make that what kind of sequins...I love mermaid Celine think that's how you spell it, she sequins are so amazing I was thinking to do that to mine as I have free time I can do it by had I have no idea how to use a machine, how did you make it...
    I believe we're having a meet up the weekend of the 6-7 in June in Corpus Christi!

As for the tail, I have the Mertailor's eco tail. Nothing fancy, but it's a start

-The curious new mermaid
    Using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    I have a neoprene tail from aquatails that needs to get taken in...AGAIN, and it has sequins in spots. XD The vast majority of my sequins went missing when I moved. However, still have the tail!
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I have a mermaid creations I bought second hand and a fabric mernation tail.

I have a latex tail custom made from Mermaids of Hawaii (she no longer makes them) and a 2nd hand latex tail originally made by Marbella's. My next tail will be full silicon made by either Sirenalia or Fin Folk. Mermaid gigs pay for mermaid stuff, so I'll be making a down payment on a new tail sometime this summer. :-) Probably going with a rich red (crimson) and deep copper.
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Senior Member Pod of Texas Merman Lir's Avatar
    no tails currently, but will be putting a down payment on a silicone tail with MerNation later this month (waiting on funding and a weight loss goal). I realize most people start with fabric or neoprene and work up to silicone... but I'm not the cautious type. I hate baby steps.

I should be getting a pearlie mae tail soon enough <3 <3 <3 <3
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

I am making my own silicone tail. The owners of Sirenalia said they'd let me use their scale board as we have become acquainted with each other. I'm really looking forward to learning some stuff from them. This will be my first tail...ya know...if you don't count the ones I made with random pieces of fabric and safety pins when I was a kid lol

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLWatson View Post
    I have a latex tail custom made from Mermaids of Hawaii (she no longer makes them) and a 2nd hand latex tail originally made by Marbella's. My next tail will be full silicon made by either Sirenalia or Fin Folk. Mermaid gigs pay for mermaid stuff, so I'll be making a down payment on a new tail sometime this summer. :-) Probably going with a rich red (crimson) and deep copper.
    Sirenalia has some awesome tails! I've been to their shop. They're really quite talented

Quote Originally Posted by JamesGunnels View Post
    Sirenalia has some awesome tails! I've been to their shop. They're really quite talented
    I considered Sirenalia for my tail, since they are in Austin and I could come down for fitting/to pick up the tail and save shipping. But since I've been waiting 2 months for a return e-mail, they sort of dropped out of the running.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Edwards View Post
    I considered Sirenalia for my tail, since they are in Austin and I could come down for fitting/to pick up the tail and save shipping. But since I've been waiting 2 months for a return e-mail, they sort of dropped out of the running.
    When did you email them? Maria is actually about to have a baby, so...they might actually not have enough time to get back anytime soon because of all the preparations they are making.

January 7. (I just looked it up in my e-mail) I thought I e-mailed in December... but it's still some time ago. water under the bridge I guess.

I'll give them another shot before I pull the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Edwards View Post
    January 7. (I just looked it up in my e-mail) I thought I e-mailed in December... but it's still some time ago. water under the bridge I guess.

I'll give them another shot before I pull the trigger
    it's worth a try She and I talk every once in a while. She is usually more active online etc. but I can understand what they're going through...well...not really...as I myself do not have children...but I can imagine it for sure.

Pod of Cali
    I live between Texas and LA, most of the time in LA but am in Texas about four months a year total. When in Texas I am usually between Austin and San Antonio (specifically Harper and Lockhart and surrounding areas). I have a Merbellas tail in production that should be done and shipped sometime this month. Would love to meet up and swim with some of y'all when I am next in Texas in April. Has anyone tried tail swimming at Hamilton Pool Natural Area?

Quote Originally Posted by polyhymnia113 View Post
    I live between Texas and LA, most of the time in LA but am in Texas about four months a year total. When in Texas I am usually between Austin and San Antonio (specifically Harper and Lockhart and surrounding areas). I have a Merbellas tail in production that should be done and shipped sometime this month. Would love to meet up and swim with some of y'all when I am next in Texas in April. Has anyone tried tail swimming at Hamilton Pool Natural Area?
    I am sure people have tried it...at least I think some may have. My boyfriend was wondering the same thing. I am not necessarily into wearing the tails, but making them is fun. I am going to make myself one, however. I cannot wait to be done with it I bought a new Minos Monofin from Spain and I really want to use it at Hamilton Pool. As far as I am aware, we cannot use monofins/tails at Barton Springs.

I'm trying to set a firm date for a March meet up here in Dallas-Fort Worth, with a state-wide meet up planned for the Corpus Christi area in June. Hope you can join us Mermaid Enora! (L.A. or LA- Los Angeles or Louisiana? hehe.)

I reached out to Sirenalia in 2013, had a few quick responses to emails and then communication slowed and nothing has been returned since early last year. I know they also just got back from a mermaid retreat in Brazil. I plan to reach out to them again when they start going full swing after the baby is born.
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Pod of Cali
    Los Angeles.