Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any other Texas mers?

Okay well I just found out I can't do anything Saturdays till after 5pm.
    Mermaid Jewel

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    Is Sunday better?

I live all the way in Ft. Bliss ;______; I might be better off joining another pod, I have to look >.<

How far is Balmorhea state park from you all? It looks like a beautiful place, and we could make a weekend camping trip out of it if anyone is comfortable enough. Or share hotel rooms nearby.

the water, deep enough for divers, and lots of fish <3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JklClgBYOsM

I
    m thinking it won't be till the summer though, its getting too cold now :/ I cant wait to meet and swim with you all!!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofi View Post
    I live all the way in Ft. Bliss ;______; I might be better off joining another pod, I have to look >.<

How far is Balmorhea state park from you all? It looks like a beautiful place, and we could make a weekend camping trip out of it if anyone is comfortable enough. Or share hotel rooms nearby.

the water, deep enough for divers, and lots of fish <3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JklClgBYOsM

I
    m thinking it won't be till the summer though, its getting too cold now :/ I cant wait to meet and swim with you all!!
    That place does look beautiful! I am not sure how far it is from all of us though...

Its 6 and a half hours from Austin ;_; Well, when spring rolls around lets try to find a central location and have a gathering. I think it would be alot of fun in a group, Iv never swam in a tail so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Hamant View Post
    That place does look beautiful! I am not sure how far it is from all of us though...
    Erk; over 8 hours from Dallas for me. Looks pretty though!

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I just created a facebook group for the Pod of Texas!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/311471195561315/

Just a reminder, you guys are still allowed to make a new coat of arms and stuff. But in the meantime I wanted there to be Facebook pages for the different pods to help expand them to mers that don't use this website.
    Last edited by malinghi; 01-16-2012 at 11:40 PM.

I live in West Columbia, just south of Houston. I go to work in Houston every mon, wed, and fri afternoons. I can't believe I just heard of this site. I feel like an idiot, but I'm glad I'm not the only Texas mermaid!

And I read the other messages and I think a trip would be awesome! Please don't leave me out! I'm constantly being left out and alone... My mom would take me just about anywhere, and I think it would be awesome to meet all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alexandrea View Post
    I live in West Columbia, just south of Houston. I go to work in Houston every mon, wed, and fri afternoons. I can't believe I just heard of this site. I feel like an idiot, but I'm glad I'm not the only Texas mermaid!
    Don't feel left out - I didn't know there was an online community of us either until someone tipped me off at the WMA last summer. And I even found out about that completely by accident!

Welcome to the pod!

thank you! what part of texas are you from?

hello all texan mers! i want to invite everyone to a hotel in Austin. i choose Austin because it is fairly central in texas and the hotel has a rate per night something from 51-170 dollars a night. im sorry i dont have the exact the price but you can look. its the Hilton Inn in Austin. they have a really cool pool and i thought that if the price is OK then maybe a group of us could go for a weekend or sonthing during summer. post back ideas, other hotels, or dates when we get closer. please keep me updated about plans!

hello all texan mers! i want to invite everyone to a hotel in Austin. i choose Austin because it is fairly central in texas and the hotel has a rate per night something from 51-170 dollars a night. im sorry i dont have the exact the price but you can look. its the Hilton Inn in Austin. they have a really cool pool and i thought that if the price is OK then maybe a group of us could go for a weekend or sonthing during summer. post back ideas, other hotels, or dates when we get closer. please keep me updated about plans!
    Ok so maybe not Austin but somewhere. The hotel does have a really nice pool though

Sorry if I post too much.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Sorry if I post too much.
    Of course you don't post too much! You know, I've noticed that you sometimes put yourself down. I think this was your first post on here:

Hey I'm new and I was feeling a little intimidated by all of this since I just heard of it, so I decided to start a thread for new mermaids to meet the ones who have been here a little longer. Probably stupid I know, but feel free to use this to talk and especially to plan events! I would love to help!
    I really hope you come out of your shell and feel a little more comfortable over time. There's no reason to put yourself down. Pretty much everyone here is really friendly and supportive.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    -peeks in-
    Hello!! I haven't been here in awhile, im not new to the forum, I just haven't been here in awhile. Im located in Bandera. About an hour from San Antonio.

I'm A texas mer! I live in southern texas near the gulf! Small boring town but about 1 hour from the gulf.

I'm 3 hours south of Houston. Anyone in the same area

Omg! More MerTexans! Im glad im not the only person in Texas that loves mermaids. I live in San Antonio.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    Yay more mers who live near me!! <3