Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turning an oatmeal can into a mermaid "fish" food container!

This was kind of quick in photoshop but here's mine! Nutrition info is for Reese's mini unwrapped PB cups

Name:  mermaid-food.png
Views: 293
Size:  357.7 KB

Nice!
    Dan/Danny || 17 || they/them

(Avatar by me (@red.lion.art))

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    BAHHH That's adorable! And I love that font with the tail on the s!
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    BAHHH That's adorable! And I love that font with the tail on the s!
    Thanks! The font is a ripoff of the Little Mermaid font I found of free fonts.com (I think?), and I added the tail myself

Member Rocky Mountain Pod Onyx Jewel Catfish's Avatar
    I think it is a great idea but don't forget that most food have copyrights too. You can not sell them as something else just because you change the packaging. You can give out to feed the Merfolk, but not sell.
    Enjoy Today, Tomorrow Is Not A Promise.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lynx View Post
    I think it is a great idea but don't forget that most food have copyrights too. You can not sell them as something else just because you change the packaging. You can give out to feed the Merfolk, but not sell.
    The labels would be for mers to print off and make their own props, not something I would be making to selling, though I hadn't thought about how possibly selling a cupful for a quarter to feed the mermaid would be a possible infringement. Good point! Perhaps cups of cereal to feed the mermaid could be redeemed for tokens, like seashells or pirate gold? Or by answering a question?
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

These are super cute. While I'm not all that fond of the idea of random strangers getting their grubby nasty hands on things they intend for me to eat, I do like the idea of hiding my own food for me to feed myself in a cute/clever way so that it doesn't detract/distract from the ambiance of the performance.

I'm thinking if I can find a good hi-res picture of it, the fish food we used to buy in Iran for the goldfish at New Years would be a cute label base for my mer-food needs.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

This is the cutest idea ever!! Something I would love the kids to do at gigs, the perfect time filler
    WHY hasn't anyone thought of this before?

definitely bookmarking this one <333

On another note, while we're on the fish food topic; I bought myself some bags made out of recycled FISH FOOD BAGS(!!) while in Cambodia

I wish they sold fish food in cute bags like these in America:
    Name:  b.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  188.0 KBName:  b2.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  177.9 KBName:  b3.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  171.4 KBName:  b4.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  190.3 KB