Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D printed molds for silicone?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    They have their place, and one day, technology will catch up with the things we want to do with them.

When I got invited to show my mermaid tails and stuff at the World Maker Faire in NY, they didn't know where to put me, so I was in the area with all the 3D printers and game builders. I was asked a thousand times if my tail was 3D printed.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    I would not say it is reinventing the wheel we are just making it fit our car.
    As in- using this tech to fit to a purpose that we would like to improve upon.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    They have their place, and one day, technology will catch up with the things we want to do with them.

When I got invited to show my mermaid tails and stuff at the World Maker Faire in NY, they didn't know where to put me, so I was in the area with all the 3D printers and game builders. I was asked a thousand times if my tail was 3D printed.
    That's incredibility annoying. One thing the maker movement really seems to lack is appreciation for costuming. At the Maker Faire Detroit they at least have a nice area for the 501st, but a lot of the soft craft stuff still seems to get shoved in a corner.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    User formerly known as "MichMerman".