Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Merbellas Blended Waist & drainage system upgrades

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Neri Elvina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Neri Elvina's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Uh oh, I'm busted!

I don't think she saw me, but I licked it. It tastes like Pixy Stix and magic.
    Omg Pearlie

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk
    YouTube: Mermaid Neri Elvina
    Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

"Cause I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or Sea, I've got the power if I just believe"

what's with everyone wanting to lick her tail? lol
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

I'm not the type to lick a tail, but when my tail arrives - i'm gonna smell on it :'D I love the scent from a fresh silicone tail.

one day I'll get to experience that *sigh* only three or so more years...
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Uh oh, I'm busted!

OMG I could fill a book with all the Pearlie quotes that make me spew tea onto my monitor. Hee!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Rocky Mountain Pod
    Pod of The South
    Add H-SAMA on Facebook
    Visit H-SAMA's Youtube Channel
    It really looks amazing. <3

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    it's not holes, it's a whole drainage SYSTEM

Uh oh, I'm busted!

OMG this!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Rocky Mountain Pod
    Pod of The South
    Add H-SAMA on Facebook
    Visit H-SAMA's Youtube Channel
    Cool but I could not see the belly of the tail. How does the seem work?

what about the foil monofin instead of the competitor? I got a foil for my new tail but Im worried my feet would not fit the footpockets (wide feet)? should I order one size bigger and wear neoprene socks? I remember u said these type of monofin hurts your feet after a while. I never got BOTH heel straps over my feet when I had my competititor fin.

what do you mean by both straps? were your feet too long? I don't know what you mean

I just wear socks and I'm fine. I derno monofins feel different to everyone. I found it way more uncomfortable at first but now I'm used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanWhisper View Post
    what do you mean by both straps? were your feet too long? I don't know what you
    mean
    The foot pockets where to narrow, and it took WAY to much effort for pulling the ( non adjustable-)straps way over my heels. I just had the abbility to pull each strap with two fingers, and getting cramps in my fingers afterwards.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    well now we know what mermaids taste like.
    im also curious about the foil monofin. idk but in my head i dont see it as it giving good prepultion

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Ariel I have wide feet too, so I went one size up for my first tail and I never even noticed it was a size too big. I never had too much trouble getting it on. Then again my feet are pretty big. They fit perfectly into a medium until I put booties in and then it's just the tiniest bit too snug. So I'm hoping the large will be fine for me. (I've never worn the monofin and booties at the same time with the large).

As for fun joker yeah of course the foil doesn't give as much push as a competitor, but from what I've seen of Ariel's videos she does mostly pool swims so it doesn't matter too much if she doesn't have that push there. I do a lot of ocean swimming so sadly the foil just wasn't an option for me though I loved the flowy look so much.

Yeah I talked about the fin in my review this is more so for the upgrades. Lots of similar discussion in the monofin area

Quote Originally Posted by Fun123joker View Post
    well now we know what mermaids taste like.
    I think I might have a mild case of synesthesia because I can taste certain visual stimuli (paintings, sculpture, and apparently mermaid tails). Like, my tail tastes like blue and pink Sweet Tarts with a hint of rum. Psyke Revived by Cupid's Kiss is cookies 'n' cream ice cream and cocoa nibs and rosé wine.

this new tail and top is stunning! You look amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    So while I have a detailed review up about my tail, I have decided now that I've had it for a few months and been using it a hell of a lot, that I would talk more about the awesome upgrades and let people ask me questions!

So my waist actually comes up really high. When I am sitting it comes up UNDER my top. It's very tight and tricky to get on as it's reinforced; so it takes more time than a regular tail. However, in addition to the lovely blend line that makes the tail look seamless; the high tight waist sucks everything in and gives you less belly roles! If you don't have it up high enough you *can* get a muffin top but as you get used to putting the tail on and managing it you figure out the best way to get it pulled up high. I find I am a lot less self conscious about my waist since having it, and you can see my belly button through it which makes it LOOK like a low rise tail! It also makes it so kids totallllly believe it's real. Even kids point out the waistline. I guess they notice the waists on the h20 mermaids haha.

It honestly creates like a photoshop effect. No, it's not more fragile; it's super reinforced. And Raven has developed a method to totally replace the waist only should it become damaged from the constant wear and tear of putting a tail on a lot. I don't recommend rolling the tail down to get it on. easy to damage the tail IN GENERAL but makes it a bit harder anyway because the waist is tighter and thicker. However, when taking it off if the whole tail is wet you can usually roll it off because the entire thing slides easier.

My suggestions for putting the tail on to make sure you don't damage the tail or the waist line is when you get to the stage that it's time to pull the tail up, put a towel between the tail/waist line of the tail and your hands. So you're gripping the tail or the waist through the towel. Less likely to tear or damage anything, gives you a better grip too. Great for smoothing out wrinkles

Edit: I find as long as you have it pulled up enough it rarely gaps at the waist! super tight suction!

Here's a candid photo unedited that mermaid mutiny did.

In this cell phone picture you can see the line of the top of the tail. I find when I bend the tail slides down a bit in the water (happens with most tails) so the top of the waist comes out from under the top I'm wearing.

In this picture you can see even though I would normally have loads of belly rolls being carried like this; the waist line sucks it all in

This isnt some photshop thing, check out some videos!

Now as for the upgrade with the drainage system? REVOLUTIONARY. No more lifting your tail to get water out of the waist. No more cutting unsightly holes! Her drainage system is perfectly placed and hidden well. Hop up on the side of the pool, put your fluke by the water, it discretely and quickly pours out, and you're good to go!