Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Casting Call! Need Mermaid/Merman Extras!

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    I don't have contacts, but the vast majority of my makeup is either really water-resistant, or waterproof, as in the stuff synchronized swimming teams use. The eyeliner is awesome, really hard to get off without remover once you put it on. It's what I use for cosplay.
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Pickles View Post
    I don't have contacts, but the vast majority of my makeup is either really water-resistant, or waterproof, as in the stuff synchronized swimming teams use. The eyeliner is awesome, really hard to get off without remover once you put it on. It's what I use for cosplay.
    That's awesome!! You're welcome to bring your own makeup! As of right now, we have a makeup artist, but our number's grown so I dunno if he'll have enough for everyone. But I'm sure not all mers will want to have their makeup done anyway. It's whatever works best for you!

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Pod of The South
    XD Yay~

Pickles, I will totally swing by and get you. youre close enough to on the way. Plus, any person with a crochet squid is awesome enough for me to pick up.
    And I am totally up for color contacts, or whatever lenses those things are called. Does anyone have yellow?
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Pod of The South
    Yes, Squiddy would like to come, too. XD He got ink on him when I moved in august, so now he kinda looks like a tie-dye squiddy. And thanks!

Wow! Already, we've got about 10+ mers and 30+ total production members! I can't believe how quickly it's growing! Thanks to all who've signed on to be a part of it! Please, feel free to invite more mers whom you think will be interested!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    I am definitely interested, but hesitant to commit as I am currently working part time and need a better paying job before I can justify a trip to Austin. I have a fabric tail, but am planning a second one with a lake theme, which seems like it would work well with the locations you guys have in mind.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

Pod of The South
    I'll have to take off some of the sequins from my tail and take in the seams again. Ugh. But since I have a few sequins left, I can probably re-do the sequins I have to take off. XD

You can get some at pinkyparadise.com uniquso.com or maplelens.com. They are cheap, come in prescription if needed. I've used all of these sites for my lenses.
    "If you can't find magic in the world, then you have to create your own." -Mermaid Meara
    Link is to a video of my tail. http://youtu.be/WEb8_bovb9g
    "I will not film you drown in that thing!" - little bro when I asked him to film me in my tail

Quote Originally Posted by Gem Stone View Post
    Pickles, I will totally swing by and get you. youre close enough to on the way. Plus, any person with a crochet squid is awesome enough for me to pick up.
    And I am totally up for color contacts, or whatever lenses those things are called. Does anyone have yellow?
    Thank you so much for volunteering to pick up Mermaid Pickles! As for the lenses, we're hoping more for black sclera lenses if that's okay! There's no pressure for you to buy them, though! That's really sweet if you want to. I hope you don't mind that color for the scene! If so, you don't have to be an evil mer necessarily if you don't feel comfortable with them! Sorry to be picky, it's because of the way our villain manipulates people. I don't want to spoil anything, but you can message me if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    I am definitely interested, but hesitant to commit as I am currently working part time and need a better paying job before I can justify a trip to Austin. I have a fabric tail, but am planning a second one with a lake theme, which seems like it would work well with the locations you guys have in mind.
    No commitment necessary! I can just put you on the list so you can be notified of the date of filming when that's decided! I understand how jobs are!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Meara View Post
    You can get some at pinkyparadise.com uniquso.com or maplelens.com. They are cheap, come in prescription if needed. I've used all of these sites for my lenses.
    Awesome! Thank you!! Sclera lenses are pretty expensive so it's definitely worth it to have some options!

For anyone who is interested in buying their own lenses, here's the type we're looking for!
    Black Sclera Lenses from Pinky Paradise
    Black Sclera Lenses from Uniqso
    Black Sclera Lenses from BuyingForBeauty
    Black Sclera Lenses from Sclera-Lenses

Remember they have to be black and 22mm around for this scene!
    Last edited by Lotus the Mermaid; 03-01-2015 at 02:40 AM.

Pod of The South
    If I wore the lenses, I'd probably never hear the end of it from my sister...she'd probably start calling me a demon fish. XD
    She's a rabid Supernatural fangirl.

If I wore the lenses, I'd probably never hear the end of it from my sister...she'd probably start calling me a demon fish. XD
    She's a rabid Supernatural fangirl.
    Haha! I understand you wanting to avoid that. You can be one of the mers swimming away from them if you prefer. ;B

Pod of The South
    Eh, it's fine either way. I've just never swum with contacts, how does that work? Do they stay in well?

Eh, it's fine either way. I've just never swum with contacts, how does that work? Do they stay in well?
    I've seen them mentioned in other threads. They seem to stay in, but anytime you wear sclera lenses, you have to take them out after a couple of hours to give your eyes a break. They can be uncomfortable if you're not used to them because they're so huge.

Just curious, do the evil mers have to buy their own lenses? Looking at them they're really expensive and I'm worried that you aren't going to have anyone want to drop $75 on lenses they'll probably wear once. (Unless they already have then totally disregard this lol)

Sent from my shellphone using Mertalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kishiko View Post
    Just curious, do the evil mers have to buy their own lenses? Looking at them they're really expensive and I'm worried that you aren't going to have anyone want to drop $75 on lenses they'll probably wear once. (Unless they already have then totally disregard this lol)

Sent from my shellphone using Mertalk
    Not at all! Someone said they were planning to buy theirs in an earlier post so I posted the links, but no one will be required to purchase anything.

Oh wow, those are really cool Especially the solid black ones, so I assume the Mermaids or my case Mermen are going to have a more evil appearance to the overall look?

When that time comes and my schedule looks good, I will have to snag a pair to get used to them before arriving.