Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: HYPE HYPE HYPE

HYPE HYPE HYPE

I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FORUM TO POST THIS IN BUT IM TOO TIRED AND FEVERISH TO CARE
    ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH IVE GONE THROUGH HELL AND BACK TRYING TO GET THIS
    IVE BEEN AWAY FROM HOME TAKING CARE OF A 1YEAR OLD FOR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT
    I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL LAST NIGHT FOR A SEVERE FEVER AND DEHYDRATION AND I JUST GOT HOME
    AND MY MONOFIN IS HERE
    THIS IS THE BEST COMING HOME PRESENT EVER
    AND IT EVEN FITS IN MY 4 YEAR OLD FABRIC TAIL SKIN
    I AM HYPED TO THE MAX AND TIRED AS HELL BUT YES

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
    FurAffinity
    Fabric tail fund: 0$ of 60$

THIS IS SUPER EXCITING AND I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU, YAY!!! RIDE THAT HYPE TRAIN INTO THE SUUUUNNN

... I actually know nothing about the Triton fin, you should definitely post an update on how it swims when you get the chance to!

(Also I'm so sorry you've had such a rough few days. BUT NOW YOU HAVE A MONOFIN TO MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER! )

That's awesome! It's so shiny!!!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    So much love for your Rocky Horror decor congrats on the monofin! Super happy for you!

WOOHOO! congrats! have fun with your new fin
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Grats! Its going to be fun!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Ahhh thank you guys!!! <3 I'm gonna have so much fun with this. I will post updates about how it swims when I can!
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
    FurAffinity

Member Undisclosed Pod
    AWESOME-SAUCE!!!!!!!
    Remember Fish Are Friends Not Food.

Add Vixy on Facebook
    YAY awesome!

Cool!!! That fin is really great!!! I'm sure you're going to love it!!! Happy swim times!!! :3

Now that I'm actually awake, time to give a little pre-swim review!

Overall, the Triton seems pretty damn great so far!

The footpockets are perfect for me. The straps are very comfortable and adjust very nicely. My feet are two different sizes, as most humans feet tend to be, and it adjusts very well for the differing sizes. My feet are also very narrow, which leaves a bit of wiggle room but that doesn't seem like much of a problem right now.

The fin itself has very very nice bend out of water, not floppy or too rigid. Just enough bend. Unlike the product image, the blue isn't as intense as I would have liked it to be, but it's still a very nice blue. (As seen in first post)

When I look at the fin straight on, where the rounded notch is, there is a noticeable bend in the fin, most likely due to the packaging. It was in only a flat cardboard box sealed around it, with no bubble wrap or anything to protect it other than the net-and-clear-plastic bag that the fin comes in. Other than that, the fin is in perfect condition. I just wish they were a bit more careful in packaging. But the fin bag is very nice for transportation.

I purchased this from SwimInn/DiveInn, and I wasn't entirely thrilled by their mode of transportation. DHL handled my package and their tracking website is in Spanish, which was a hassle even for me, as I took a year of Spanish last year. I could not read the translations very well either, since Spanish has a bit different sentence structure than we do. My package was held in Boston for no apparent reason for several days, and when it arrived up here in Vermont, the delivery person couldn't even find my house.
    Honey.
    You're paid to be able to find my house. You are PAID to get my package to me on time. I live- literally- on the central road in my town. It isn't very hard to find my house at all. We had to give them directions to be able to find my house. It was ridiculous.
    All in all, it took about 20 days to get to my house from where the Inn storehouses are located, which isn't too bad since they are overseas. I am just a little unhappy about DHL not being able to find my house.

Fin: 10/10 pre-swim
    Packaging: 7/10
    Delivery: 5/10
    FurAffinity

Im glad I read this. Thanks for the review. Im glad you like the fin.

Dhl bent my fin too. The driver who delivered it tried to lean on it and make it a table. Doesnt seem to affect swimming tho
    If you can't stand upon the water I will meet you on the ocean floor

My wave is bent to, it came like that. Has no effect on the use in water though.

Senior Member Euro Pod SiaTheMermaid's Avatar
    Add SiaTheMermaid on Facebook
    I have the Hydra monofin, and mine is also bent. I think it's the actual design for more propulsion. A fish fin isn't as straight as a board :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgarr View Post
    Now that I'm actually awake, time to give a little pre-swim review!

Overall, the Triton seems pretty damn great so far!

The footpockets are perfect for me. The straps are very comfortable and adjust very nicely. My feet are two different sizes, as most humans feet tend to be, and it adjusts very well for the differing sizes. My feet are also very narrow, which leaves a bit of wiggle room but that doesn't seem like much of a problem right now.

The fin itself has very very nice bend out of water, not floppy or too rigid. Just enough bend. Unlike the product image, the blue isn't as intense as I would have liked it to be, but it's still a very nice blue. (As seen in first post)

When I look at the fin straight on, where the rounded notch is, there is a noticeable bend in the fin, most likely due to the packaging. It was in only a flat cardboard box sealed around it, with no bubble wrap or anything to protect it other than the net-and-clear-plastic bag that the fin comes in. Other than that, the fin is in perfect condition. I just wish they were a bit more careful in packaging. But the fin bag is very nice for transportation.

I purchased this from SwimInn/DiveInn, and I wasn't entirely thrilled by their mode of transportation. DHL handled my package and their tracking website is in Spanish, which was a hassle even for me, as I took a year of Spanish last year. I could not read the translations very well either, since Spanish has a bit different sentence structure than we do. My package was held in Boston for no apparent reason for several days, and when it arrived up here in Vermont, the delivery person couldn't even find my house.
    Honey.
    You're paid to be able to find my house. You are PAID to get my package to me on time. I live- literally- on the central road in my town. It isn't very hard to find my house at all. We had to give them directions to be able to find my house. It was ridiculous.
    All in all, it took about 20 days to get to my house from where the Inn storehouses are located, which isn't too bad since they are overseas. I am just a little unhappy about DHL not being able to find my house.

Fin: 10/10 pre-swim
    Packaging: 7/10
    Delivery: 5/10
    So happy for you! Did you also have to order your from Spain? I don't know about many distributors who sells this particular monofin. I have the Minos! And I do love it. It has some fantastic propulsion through the water. I got mine around 2 weeks after purchase. I am sorry to hear you've been unwell. I hope you're feeling much better! Happy swimming!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    My hydra came in the flat cardboard box too. Did you try copying the dhl tracking number and placing it in the English site? Mine did that too and not knowing a word of spanish I was like "wha?!?!?!" Lol

Looks like a lovely blue color
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyena View Post
    My hydra came in the flat cardboard box too. Did you try copying the dhl tracking number and placing it in the English site? Mine did that too and not knowing a word of spanish I was like "wha?!?!?!" Lol

Looks like a lovely blue color
    Yup, mine too came in a flat cardboard box. Mine didn't seem to have any bends in it or anything though. Mine is black. I wish it came in a different colour, but since it'll be covered in silicone, I guess it doesn't really matter