Thread: ⚠ Tailmaker BLACKLIST ⚠

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't really believe it's entirely necessary, as people who've been victims to these scams can share their stories and evidence here in this thread (and many have already shared their stories elsewhere on the forums as well), but would it help to include links to peoples posts/comments/etc., under each blacklisted maker's name to reviews and evidence posted by clients/victim? It might help people who are new to MerNetwork, or new to Mermaiding in general, find testimony regarding people's experiences with these makers a bit quicker without having to do a whole lot of digging.

Also, was Adam Martyn the guy who was pricing his tails at, like, $15,000 apiece or something like that? I remember there being a thread about something like that back when I first joined MerNetwork but I can't for the life of me find it again. Not sure if that was Adam or not.

::EDIT::

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    Would it be an idea to not only blacklist scammers and people who don't deliver, but also those who make a big secret out of their inferior materials in the hopes no one catches on that they are actually dangerous?
    Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    (anti-mold caulk etc)

Buyers should be aware if such materials are used. And they shouldn't be used for tails at all.
    I consider a liver or kidney damage worse than scammed money.

I definitely agree with this-- it could definitely help people if a maker is known for using inferior or hazardous materials on their tails (like Aurore la Sirene with her shattering monofins)

::EDIT 2, AQUATIC BOOGALOO::

I have literally no idea why my post keeps splitting Echidna's post into two separate quotes, but no matter how many times I edit it it keeps reverting back that way. Guess it's stayin' like that. :T
    Last edited by Starfrit; 03-01-2015 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Noooo clue why it split Echidna's post into two separate quotes...

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    I don't really believe it's entirely necessary, as people who've been victims to these scams can share their stories and evidence here in this thread (and many have already shared their stories elsewhere on the forums as well), but would it help to include links to peoples posts/comments/etc., under each blacklisted maker's name to reviews and evidence posted by clients/victim? It might help people who are new to MerNetwork, or new to Mermaiding in general, find testimony regarding people's experiences with these makers a bit quicker without having to do a whole lot of digging.

Also, was Adam Martyn the guy who was pricing his tails at, like, $15,000 apiece or something like that? I remember there being a thread about something like that back when I first joined MerNetwork but I can't for the life of me find it again. Not sure if that was Adam or not.

I think the idea of a blacklist is so that people who aren't members or part of the community can just check out where they should and shouldn't be spending their money. Like if Iona links it to the buying tails page, it just gives people a heads up so they aren't buying subpar products or spending money on something that doesn't exist
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail