Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚠ Tailmaker BLACKLIST ⚠

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Don't get me started on Kanti lol...

I don't think this thread should be locked, because that way people can ask questions or something, but yes, Raina, let's not get into Kanti, if she wants she can go read that whole other crazy thread or two. Let's not char another thread with that :-) (although I am aware this is the blacklist)
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

HI - I'm brand new to the forum. THANK YOU FOR IT. I am looking for help in purchasing my daughter's next tail. (To be discussed elsewhere). Just want to respond to this -- I did see the section where you said see material warnings list, but then I didn't know where to find it. I kind of assumed it would be right on each review but now I realize you have to go somewhere else. I'm very interested in knowing which products should be avoided. You might also want to list which products are GOOD. It's very confusing and hard to figure out the nuances in product names and which ones I should be looking for. THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    If you look at the tailmakers page there's a link to explanations of materials page that gives a warning about tin cure/caulking products. Neoprin is on that list too, with acrylic monofins soon to be added (will also be added to Aurore's tail types on the tailmakers page). Polycarbonate will be added as well. My goal is to educate people so they can make an informed decision.

With all that info I don't think a separate list is needed. I'll be sure to add more text saying to check the materials page as a matter of health and safety. Also a link to the tailmakers discussion section of the forum so people can look for themselves. Fyi Finspo tails (merberry) is now selling their latex tails as dry tails only, which is good.

But in the end If people don't look over the information that is laid out for them, IMO that is on them. I'll update here when I've had time to update the information on those pages further.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer's mom View Post
    HI - I'm brand new to the forum. THANK YOU FOR IT. I am looking for help in purchasing my daughter's next tail. (To be discussed elsewhere). Just want to respond to this -- I did see the section where you said see material warnings list, but then I didn't know where to find it. I kind of assumed it would be right on each review but now I realize you have to go somewhere else. I'm very interested in knowing which products should be avoided. You might also want to list which products are GOOD. It's very confusing and hard to figure out the nuances in product names and which ones I should be looking for. THANKS!!
    It's not a warnings list, it's just a full honest description of materials tails are made out of. Some should be avoided is all- some are unsafe, some are just sub-par quality for tails. Otherwise it's a good page to educate yourself so you know what kind of tail would be best for your needs It's linked on the "Buying Tails" tab in the navbar, or merfolktails.info . Here's a direct link to the article on tail materials: http://mernetwork.com/index/content....Tail-Materials

Wingd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

are we going to update this to reflect other tail makers who after a year or more still arent refunding people/ making their tails? Or are we waiting a bit longer?

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    are we going to update this to reflect other tail makers who after a year or more still arent refunding people/ making their tails? Or are we waiting a bit longer?
    Pretty sure a year is more than enough time to draw conclusions
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Sure but its a matter of new people not knowing and the info not being as easily found

Anna Browne added to this list based on what has been found here: https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...288#post298288

Ah, I found the thread! I had a shitty experience with someone claiming to be a maker and I recently found out I am not alone. He is supposedly a cosplay prop maker who was offering to make silicone tails for basically material price. I paid through paypal and was luckily able to get my money back, but he promised my tail by the end of March (I paid in January). Middle fo April comes around and I haven't heard anything so I send him a few facebook messages. Eventually I email him directly and a few weeks later someone who is not him responds that his house was on fire and he has to completely start over. They offered me a 'fabric costume of my choice' to help compensate my wait time. I told them I didn't want another costume, I just wanted my tail asap. They replied that it would be ready end of May. First week of June with no pictures or updates, I told them I would take the issue to paypal if I didn't hear back in a week. I gave them two and put in the official complaint. Paypal was able to refund my money but I am now sad and tailess. I posted about it in my pod's FB group and was informed that another mer was also scammed.

Don't fall for it y'all!
    https://www.facebook.com/sibyl.ekouaer.1
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    MerFanc, that's awful. Sorry to see this.

Visit Princess of the sea's Youtube Channel
    Add De Vil Factory, they lied to me and other mers, and never shipped me my tail!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast