Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Mer convention in the works for east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cardwell View Post
    Kishiko, I don't see a problem with mer teens wanting to be with the adult mers. Mermaid Paige of VA Beach was with all the adult mers during NC Merfest, not with the kiddies.
    Okay awesome that's what I was worried about!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to attend September I could fit. April is my Florida trip so I'm not sure of my financial status at that time.

I have been to Nekocons before so good to have some background in a con I've attended before.

Sounds good to me! Other great charities to consider include Make A Wish, Children's Miracle Network, and World Wildlife Fund
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Member Chesapeake Pod Tom Cardwell's Avatar
    Make a wish would be great.
    A very local charity to greensboro is Victory Junction Gang, Richard Petty's charity. They were down at Carowinds on Friday and I thought they would be a great backyard charity the locals know about.

Opps, Kyle Petty's charity, after his son adam who died in a wreck. They are only 20 minutes due south on same road that leads to the GAC. Have a swim for the kids.

I would totally go to this mermaid party! I wanted to go to merfest but I was just getting into the mermaid world and didn't have a tail or the funds to go. But this year for sure if you do this!

Maybe you could talk the hotel into getting cheaper package rooms for the mers staying there for each day? I know some of the conventions I've been to have been able to do that. Just a thought.

Crap, internet burped and ate my reply. Yes I've negotiated hotel contracts many times. 300+ room nights for 2 ballrooms and 8 function rooms, 3 days for free on a sliding scale. NC Merfest looked to have a 4th floor room block of 20 rooms, 50 room nights, might have gotten ballroom discounted. Have to talk to local hotels what they can give. We have an embassy suites near the airport, it's 8 miles from GAC

Awesome I'm sure you're very experienced already and know all the ropes, i just wasn't sure

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    The Sheraton Greensboro is on the same road the the Greensboro Aquatic Center, while the Greensboro-High Point Marriott is closer to the airport. Both supposedly have nice pools. I'll try to get some photos this week.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerinethemermaid View Post
    dan that place looks pretty neat!
    It may not be a huge place, but it's fun! They have several friendly stingrays in the touch tank and a 90,000 gallon shark tank that I so want to swim in!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Banned
    Follow MermaidShannon On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Venessa Louisiana Mermaid View Post
    Too late Shannon because if you will just take a look over at my new avatar, you will see that I've already got the title. It's been decided. Maybe if you can behave I'll let you wear my crown for a few minutes though. #SorryBoo #TryHarder
    Venessa I'm not going to reply the way I want to because I don't want the ban hammer so here

Just a comment on the whole hotel topic. The fact that the hotel at merfest ran a shuttle service to and from the airport was one of the deciding factors about why I actually managed to go. For those that don't drive or at least are flying in, help with transport is an important thing so if the hotel near the gac offers a shuttle service then that one gets my vote
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Yea, kinda sure most all the good hotels have airport shuttle. Its a quick easy shuttle ride to greensboro airport, 15 minutes top from Sheraton.

OMG....this had me cracking up...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidShannon View Post
    Venessa I'm not going to reply the way I want to because I don't want the ban hammer so here

what's important to me is having a quick and easy way to get from the Hotel to the Pool. Lacking a car, I was forced to beg for rides from people all merfest, which sucks.

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebekah.fish's Avatar
    Add Rebekah.fish on Facebook
    All those charities are great! And I'm not nocking any of them, but since we are mer people maybe look into marine protection charities? Just a suggestion. Felt like it made sense. Do u have a cost estimation for this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekah.fish View Post
    All those charities are great! And I'm not nocking any of them, but since we are mer people maybe look into marine protection charities? Just a suggestion. Felt like it made sense. Do u have a cost estimation for this yet?
    Was thinking the same thing!

Yup. An overall charity of marine conservation would be ideal. The breast cancer awareness could be an event at the con, like swimming contests where the swimmers could raise money for laps swam, just brainstorming. But keep the ideas flowing.

What about charities that are more local, or ones that aren't as popular? Like, there's literally thousands of events to raise money for breast cancer, children's miracle network, etc. and while they're all fantastic causes, what about finding ones that could really use the money because they aren't as mainstream?