Thread: New Mer convention in the works for east coast.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Chesapeake Pod Tom Cardwell's Avatar

New Mer convention in the works for east coast.

Hi everyone, I'm looking to create a new Mer convention for the east coast in Greensboro NC. We have a fabulous brand new city owned aquatic center and they are very interested in having the mer communities invade. I have many years experience running and owning my own anime con that I retired from, Nekocon, that is now in its 18th year and 6,000+ attendees strong in the Virginia Beach/Hampton area. Current plans is three all day swims on Saturdays to ramp up over time to lead into NC Merfest. We are looking at a proposed Saturday April 25th for our 1st all day swim and then possibly a late September date and a January date that might be two days, depends on the turnout and demand.

We want our convention to be for the mer community, for us to have a fun time with our fellow mers and make new friends as I have in the short time I've been in this community. This will be a very fan driven con, we look to the community to provide the panels and events while we grow and in future cons we can bring in special guests but we want to start out very simple and keep the costs low for everyone to attend.
    We look to be very transparent and hopefully move to being a non-profit organization. We may start with a crowd funding method to get the startup funds and I do expect everyone, even the staff to pay their admission too, to have skin in the game.

More info to come.
    Check us out at Triad Merfolk on Facebook.

-Thomas Cardwell.
    Last edited by Tom Cardwell; 03-05-2015 at 03:47 PM.