Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rocky Mountian Meetup?

Ok well awesome!! lets all hash it out take votes and what not and see what date works for the majority!

Before august ends of course

Ok so what mandatory things does everyone need to do in august? like I have to got to a wedding at the end of the month so I wont be available past the 26th

I am supposed to go with my siblings to spread our parents ashes on the weekend of the 15-16, but not sure which day for sure. I will talk to them and see if we can commit.
    Or would the 22nd work best for everyone?
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Grey Gambit's Avatar
    Add Grey Gambit on Facebook
    Follow Grey Gambit on Tumblr
    I might be able to make it for the 22nd. What part of Bear Lake would we be meeting up at?
    Last edited by Grey Gambit; 08-06-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Does anyone want to make a monthy meetup? I can't get out to swim very often anymore but having a monthy meet up with be something fun to look forwards to...? I know the DFW pod does it. Anyone up here want to?
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Don't give up on the meet ideas. For what is the value of a pod but to get together and share? Doing these more frequently makes sense but there should be more than one subregional meet. Colorado, especially the Fort Collins area, seems to have a fair number of active Merfolk so that might be a good place to hold one such submeet. Bear Lake on the Idaho/Utah border seems to be getting a lot of attention and would draw on the population centers in East Idaho and the Salt Lake valley. It wouldn't be ideal for either group however requiring at least a couple hours drive for the majority. Is there a spot in Idaho or Utah that might be more accessible for the smaller meetups? Indoor or other warmer options should also be considered. There is little chance anyone wants to go jump in an ice encrusted waterway during the winter so in order to keep to a monthly schedule such spaces would be vital. Any amenable community pool or similar would probably be a good place to start. The options afforded by hot springs are also quite enticing.

On a somewhat related note typing this up has made me curious about how a full wetsuit would work with the rest of the materials. Any thoughts?

I'm a new mermaid-in-training in the Denver area and would love to meet other merfolk nearby! (Another new mermaid in the Introduce Yourself board is also in CO)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Anyone been able to locate Mer- Sparkle?

Member Rocky Mountain Pod Onyx Jewel Catfish's Avatar
    Nice to Meet you MerPixie!
    Enjoy Today, Tomorrow Is Not A Promise.

Nice to meet you! We should do a CO pod meet-up!

Yes we absolutely should meet up soon. Let us set a time and location. I personally favor a more northerly area in Colorado and warmer waters.

I'm down! I'm not a native, so I don't really have any suggestions on locations, but I'm happy to drive north from the Westminster/Arvada area

I'm in the Westminster area and would love a meet up as well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Store Blog

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteWalker View Post
    I'm in the Westminster area and would love a meet up as well!

Oooh, we can carpool!

Side note: The next 2 weekends are totally booked for me already. The 21st/22nd would be the earliest I'd be available.

I just need ample notice

Store Blog

Ok, I'm gonna toss a date out there: How does Saturday June 4th work for everybody?

I'm down!

Store Blog

Sadly on June 4 I will likely be out of state and unable to participate. If that works for everyone else though you should go for it.

I'm okay with moving it if another weekend works better. There seems to be just 3 of us interested at the moment, so it'd be nice to find a time to all meet up. I was trying to pick a date a few weeks out (for those that need to plan or request time off) that isn't Memorial Day weekend (to avoid THAT craziness). Most of June would work for me, except Sunday the 12th (friend's bridal shower) or the weekend of the 17th-19th (Denver Comic Con), so would June 11th, 25th, or 26th work better?