Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Does this company still exist?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,502

    Does this company still exist?

    Someone was asking on facebook if this company still exists. Apparently their website hasnt been updated in 2 years. Facebook hasnt been updated since August 2014 https://www.facebook.com/mermagica?fref=ts

    If they arne't active it may be time to take em out of the list! Anyone buy from them lately???

  2. #2
    The reviews on their Facebook page— yikes! Looks like they disappeared off the face of the planet and took a bunch of customers' money with them.

    That's... Not good.

  3. #3
    Banned Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    78
    Follow Xianne Lime On Twitter Add Xianne Lime on Facebook
    That's an excellent question!!!
    might as well ask the mers from TX that are nearby to check what's going on with that company.

  4. #4
    Mermagica is from the east coast though, isn't it?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Dundas Valley, NSW Australia
    Posts
    4,469
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Their white monofin is the same one I found on alibaba.com
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...871558380.html
    Formerly known as ireneho

  6. #6
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Dunn, NC
    Posts
    1,331
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I have a account with Mermagica an I sent them a email to ask if they are still in business when I get a reply I will repost.
    Be Happy Swim Free

  7. #7
    Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    The reviews on their Facebook page— yikes! Looks like they disappeared off the face of the planet and took a bunch of customers' money with them.

    That's... Not good.
    Wow, those reviews are pretty bad. I just sent them a message on facebook and via email. Anthony, let me know if they reply to you. Raina, thank for pointing this out.

  8. #8
    They replied to the message Malinghi sent out saying they're still making and shipping tails, so they're still in business

    Wingéd Mermaid Iona

    FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr


  9. #9
    Banned Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    78
    Follow Xianne Lime On Twitter Add Xianne Lime on Facebook
    Their FB page gives Denton, TX as their location.

  10. #10
    Banned Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    78
    Follow Xianne Lime On Twitter Add Xianne Lime on Facebook
    It's a curious thing that both their FB and Website are not updated.

    So does anyone have a personal contact to the folks who run this company? Just to clear more things up.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington DC/ Norfolk
    Posts
    622

    Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    man really mermagica? back where i was a young mermaid on youtube, mermagica was the sh!t but tbh now looking back at them... eh


    gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

  12. #12
    Senior Member Pod of The South
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun123joker View Post
    man really mermagica? back where i was a young mermaid on youtube, mermagica was the sh!t but tbh now looking back at them... eh
    Thats what I was thinking! Mermagica and Magictail.de were the only well known mermaid tail makers to young mertubers!
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

    (Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

  13. #13
    I own 2 tails from mermagica.When I ordered my first one in August 2014, it took almost a month for it to show up on my doorstep. I repeatedly emailed and called them, asking why it was taking so long, but no respone. In my last message to them, I angrily threatened them with a lawsuit if they didn't send me my tail in due course. I'm ashamed to admit I also used a few f-bombs, but then again, this was my first tail and I was very frusterated with the serious lack of customer service. I still didn't recieve a response, so I reached out to Mermaid Marla. I had seen her in a Mermagica ad featuring a new type of tail they were debuting, so I decied to take a shot in the dark. Thanks be to the Goddess above, Marla responded and was glad to help me. She told me that the company had changed ownership recently to the oringinal owner's brother, who is a pilot and isn't home too often. When I ordered my second skin in October 2014, it arrived in the time quoted on their website. I think my messages and Marla's messages finnaly reached them. But honestly, They seriously need to do a MAJOR overhaul of their customer service department.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Adrienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Australia Melbourne
    Posts
    105
    Add Mermaid Adrienne on Facebook
    I ordered recently actually... about 5-6 days ago... the money has been taken but no delivery details have been sent to me. I should have checked the facebook reviews first cause now i'm quite anxious that it wont come. silly me. Ill wait a few days more to see if I get anything.. if not, Ill be using a diy tail out of leggings to swim in for the 20th of january as well as my spare monofin. I'm wondering if this company is still going still actually considering the facebook page hasnt been updated.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jema Mae View Post
    I ordered recently actually... about 5-6 days ago... the money has been taken but no delivery details have been sent to me. I should have checked the facebook reviews first cause now i'm quite anxious that it wont come. silly me. Ill wait a few days more to see if I get anything.. if not, Ill be using a diy tail out of leggings to swim in for the 20th of january as well as my spare monofin. I'm wondering if this company is still going still actually considering the facebook page hasnt been updated.


    Jema what kind of payment did you used?

    There may be a way to get a refound 😊
    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <a href="http://freegifmaker.me/images/2fiQu/"><img src="http://i.freegifmaker.me/1/5/5/8/4/6/15584685451852341.gif?1558468561" alt="gifs website"/></a><br/><a href="http://www.freegifmaker.me/">FreeGifMaker.me<a/>

    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

  16. #16
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Adrienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Australia Melbourne
    Posts
    105
    Add Mermaid Adrienne on Facebook
    yes, I trouble shooted it on paypal so hopefully that works... ?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jema Mae View Post
    yes, I trouble shooted it on paypal so hopefully that works... ?

    It should PayPal protects buyers more than sellers so you should get your money back 😉
    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <a href="http://freegifmaker.me/images/2fiQu/"><img src="http://i.freegifmaker.me/1/5/5/8/4/6/15584685451852341.gif?1558468561" alt="gifs website"/></a><br/><a href="http://www.freegifmaker.me/">FreeGifMaker.me<a/>

    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

  18. #18
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Adrienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Australia Melbourne
    Posts
    105
    Add Mermaid Adrienne on Facebook
    hopefully soon lol... really shattered about this news but maybe I could purchase something better on ebay I found a mertailor tail listed on there.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jema Mae View Post
    hopefully soon lol... really shattered about this news but maybe I could purchase something better on ebay I found a mertailor tail listed on there.
    Be super wary of MerTailor tails listed on eBay... Some are alright, but a lot of the time they're put there because there's something really messed up with the tail that Eric refuses to fix. Bad monofins, falling apart, flaking paint, etc. Most resellers getting rid of 'em for those reasons will at least mention the issues in the description, but it can still be nasty business.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    Be super wary of MerTailor tails listed on eBay... Some are alright, but a lot of the time they're put there because there's something really messed up with the tail that Eric refuses to fix. Bad monofins, falling apart, flaking paint, etc. Most resellers getting rid of 'em for those reasons will at least mention the issues in the description, but it can still be nasty business.

    Yes I completely agree...
    Unfortunately Mertailor's tails on eBay have a very strange story each time.
    I still remember what happened on the forum almost two years ago with that black and yellow tail that at the end has been purchased by some girls.
    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <a href="http://freegifmaker.me/images/2fiQu/"><img src="http://i.freegifmaker.me/1/5/5/8/4/6/15584685451852341.gif?1558468561" alt="gifs website"/></a><br/><a href="http://www.freegifmaker.me/">FreeGifMaker.me<a/>

    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •