Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: (Sold!) Selling my Silicone Flip Tail :(

It is still full silicone, so there is weight to the fluke, but it's not too heavy to lift. But it is floppy, there isn't much stiffness so you wouldn't be able to lift it out of the water like you would a monofin tail. You can lift it while laying on your stomach but just need to do it fast so the fluke flops forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Merenneito Nerissa View Post
    And also, cause I now have mertailors partial silicone so I know what it is to deal with a fluke with no monofin... Is it heavy to lift? I mean can you lift your fluke above surface while swimming? And how about photoshoots, is it hard to lift your fluke while laying on your stomach?

There are lots of pics of me wearing it on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bluemermaidgirl

Of course these were mostly before it got discolored but you will get a good idea of how it looks in photos and how the fluke is.

I forgot to mention, this tail has NO SEAMS!

Bummer, it might be too big for her then. I'll ask her though if she can wear a size 3 (everything else matches up though, she's got itty-bitty feet and is only 5'3")
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

How do your legs stay in the foot pockets? I mean do they often slip away when trying to lift the fluke, or is there some kind of straps or how it works? Cause I had on my pockets this one strap only which goes behind my heels but I added one more strap which goes over my ankles cause the fluke pretty often slipped off
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

I guess its just the fact that the tail is tight like a second skin, it doesnt come off. But I am used to swimming without straps, so Im not sure how others would feel. The other girls who have worn my tail and have also worn tails with straps have not had any trouble swimming in this tail, its just different and may take getting used to if you are used to straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Merenneito Nerissa View Post
    How do your legs stay in the foot pockets? I mean do they often slip away when trying to lift the fluke, or is there some kind of straps or how it works? Cause I had on my pockets this one strap only which goes behind my heels but I added one more strap which goes over my ankles cause the fluke pretty often slipped off

If she can wear a size small stretch pants she would probably be fine but she sounds really tiny, it might be a tad too big if she is like a size 0/1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anahita View Post
    Bummer, it might be too big for her then. I'll ask her though if she can wear a size 3 (everything else matches up though, she's got itty-bitty feet and is only 5'3")

I really wish I had the funds right now.... *cries*

Good luck to whoever gets it!

Oh my this tail is gorgeous and would fit me perfectly...

Oh man I wanted this tail so bad. I could pick it up from you locally too! I live like 2 hrs away. Looks like it didn't sell. Did you end up selling it? I could give you 800 cash and come pick it up myself but alas I cannot afford more because tax season):

I'm In love with this tail! If you're still interested in selling I am very interested in it
    Last edited by Mermaid Bailey; 03-20-2015 at 09:32 PM.

At $940 it says the reserve was not met, so the tail still available (as far as I know) but she'd want more than $940 for it.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Yeah, when the reserve didn't hit at $750, I assumed it would be $1000 or more.

Is this still available?
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Hi everyone! So, my reserve was not met. This tail has sentimental value and is also a Flip tail so I made the reserve $1200 as that is the point where I can let my baby go. I may re-list at some point, not sure yet. Thank you for all the interest!

I'm a bit confused now how this e-bay thing works, so if the lowest limit was this starting price but still the limit was this 1200? I want to ask only cause I've never used e-bay before and now I really don't understand...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    So generally in auctions not necessarily with a tail but anything on E-bay, a seller like Blue Mermaid has a price that she would like it to be sold at in order for her to make money or recoup the funds she bought the tail at, however she may not disclose that information to the public in order to see where the auction will go and how much interest is shown. Essentially she doesn't want to be shorted funds and lose money when selling her tail. This goes with anything like I said from toys to cars to collector items. Generally the more expensive the item is, there will be a reserve bid on the item. Also when you find "buy it now" costs, those prices are above what the reserve bid would be so the seller will make money on that item. I hope that helps.

Ok, thanks, it did

Oh my gosh its so gorgeous... I wish
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani