Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet Up 2015

hey lets keep the conversation here I wont use facebook. If the dells is to be picked lets pick a place that allows our tails and make sure the dates are net the expensive ones to keep more mers involved

merstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Morganna View Post
    We are moving this discussion to FB since it seems that more people see the info there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/340374309315745/
    I tried to join the fb group but it won't let me post, says it's "still pending". Is there anywhere you can approve me so I can participate in the conversation please? My fb name is "Dawn Moneyhan" Thanks!

Wisconsin...far side of the lakes, lol...I might be out for this I don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bettababy View Post
    I tried to join the fb group but it won't let me post, says it's "still pending". Is there anywhere you can approve me so I can participate in the conversation please? My fb name is "Dawn Moneyhan" Thanks!

Unfortunately, there are only 2 admins in the group. I wish they would add more, but I can't make them. lol. They will add you when they see you requested to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytroque View Post
    Wisconsin...far side of the lakes, lol...I might be out for this I don't know yet.
    Awesome!!! We (the people who are chiming in) are still hashing out details. But definitely head over, that way you can have a say too!!!

A FB event has been made for the 2015 Meetup.

https://www.facebook.com/events/403599906486253/

Feel free to add yourselves!

Here is the basic info:

"It was decided that the 2015 Great Lakes Pod Meetup would take place in Wisconsin Dells, WI on the weekend of August 14 - August 16. You can stop in for an afternoon, or the whole weekend!

The Wisconsin Dells is the Water Park Capital of the World, as well as having several beaches. If you'd like more info on the dells, here is the website: http://www.wisdells.com/wisconsin-dells-water-parks.htm

The Meetup is NOT restricted to Mers who are in the group! Family, friends, children, and people who would like to join the community, or just have fun for a weekend are all welcome!!!

Anyone that would like to help with planning, setup, or anything else, just let me know!

For those who don't know, or are not in the Mer community, here is a little backround info about the Pod of the Great Lakes, taken directly from our FB group:

"This is a group for the Pod of the Great Lakes, a group for all the mermaids and mermen living in in the great lakes region! For more specific borders, check the map.

What are pods? Pods are groups of merfolk based on location. You can think of each pod as a club just for people in your region, designed to build local communities of merfolk. By connecting with other people in your region, you can make friends, share information relevant to people in your area, and even start local meet ups!

Each pod has its own mascot, colors, and coat of arms- like a clan or family. You could also compare it to a sports team, or the different houses at Hogwarts from Harry Potter. The mascot of our pod is the Brook Trout, and our color is Forest Green. For more information, check out the Pod of the Great Lakes forum, at MerNetwork!"

Quote Originally Posted by merstorm View Post
    hey lets keep the conversation here I wont use facebook. If the dells is to be picked lets pick a place that allows our tails and make sure the dates are net the expensive ones to keep more mers involved

merstorm
    I will keep updating this post, but most of us have been talking on FB either on the event page, or the Pod's Group.

hey thanks for the update trying to get my tail fixed done right

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread, too! I can follow the facebook link, but I don't have a mermaid page and won't post from my actual account. >.< Sorry. Most people don't know about my secret life!!

A meet-up sounds super fun, though! I would be more interested in a day trip up to hang out at a beach than hanging out at a waterpark. I live in the Chicagoland area, but I'm used to driving a lot to get to work/fun events. I see that this has been posted on the fb page:

It was decided that the 2015 Great Lakes Pod Meetup would take place in Wisconsin Dells, WI on the weekend of August 14 - August 16. You can stop in for an afternoon, or the whole weekend!
    Is there an itinerary, or are the details still being worked on?

Cordelia, there are a few lakes in that immediate are that we could all gather at (for free) if the weather is good. Nice beaches and likely less crowded than the waterparks. Whether the whole group wants to do that or not is yet to seen, but I do intend to spend at least part of that weekend at a couple of those lakes/beaches. Anyone/everyone is welcome to join me. I don't do well with large crowds...

What I'm planning on doing is doing a "Tentative Itinerary" once a few more people chime in. But of course people are able to come and go as they please!
    What I'm thinking is:
    Friday
    - Settle in since people will be arriving at different times.
    Saturday
    - Morning - Swim in the hotel pool since not all people are morning people and they can meander down as they please.
    - Lunch (Hopefully together!)
    - Afternoon - Swim at a lake / beach
    - Early Evening - Free time
    - Dinner - Together or separate
    - Evening - Free time
    Sunday
    - Swim at the hotel
    - Checkout

The places we are voting between to stay are:

- Black Hawk
    - Peppertree at Tamarack
    - Tamarack and Mirror Lake
    - Polynesian

I will be calling places tomorrow (Tuesday) but you can vote now, and you can always change your vote.

Hopefully I can go if I can get the time off from work.

Since the facebook group is now closed to non-members, can someone still post updates on here? I do not have a mermaid account and for professional reasons need to keep my personal facebook account separate. Thanks!

Oh, thanks! Sorry about that. It looks like I followed the wrong link earlier. Keeping my eye on this, because I'd love to go. I'm just not sure if it will conflict with any other schedules, yet. *flippers crossed*

I didn't get many photos but here is what hubby took for me at our meetup at Devil's Lake on Saturday. I wish more could have made it. It was great fun and I can't wait until the next one. What a wonderful group of people!
    Name:  2015podmeet1.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  232.2 KB

Name:  2015podmeet2.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  219.9 KB

Name:  2015podmeet3.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  231.2 KB

Name:  2015podmeet4.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  190.5 KB

Name:  2015podmeet5.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  237.9 KB

And here's a link to my video:
    https://www.facebook.com/dawn.moneyh...type=3&theater
    Formerly known as bettababy

cute I hope to go next year
    Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/MermaidKumori

Please enjoy and like my page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kumori5Kitsune

My channel check out my mermaid videos, shows and other things.

http://taylormforeman.wix.com/kumori-mermaid

My Tail ordering site. You want A tail check me out!.

I have already found a couple of better beaches for next year. Devil's Lake was very rocky. There's a wonderful clean sandy beach in Portage and another in Madison. I spoke with lifeguards at both beaches and they welcome mers. :-) Next summer isn't going to get here fast enough for me.
    Formerly known as bettababy