Thread: Neopets Fountain Faerie cosplay?

Junior Member Pod of Texas Coastal's Avatar

Visit Coastal's Youtube Channel

Neopets Fountain Faerie cosplay?

Hi! This is my first post ever, I just really need some help with my cosplay! I'm planning on going to a-kon 2015 this year and I was thinking of cosplaying as the fountain faerie from Neopets! Here's a picture of her-
    Name:  tumblr_inline_n0zwfb8kpR1rimn68.jpg
Views: 5555
Size:  62.4 KB

I have the costume down (I haven't started on it but I have the materials), I just have no idea how I'd be able to get around! And whatever I used I would love to decorate it like the Rainbow Fountain on Neopets! Could I use a wheelchair or should I use something else? And has anyone else done a full mer cosplay at a con before and can give me advice? I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    If you look around, a lot of people have done things like this. Wheelchairs and wagons are common ways to get around. Thats a cool idea for a cosplay!

Thanks! I'm thinking of a wheelchair but I wanted to see if anyone else had any advice! Wagons aren't allowed in the convention center for safety reasons and that was my first choice! Thanks again!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    No problem! Are you planning on making your costume swimmable or just for dry events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on making it swimmable! It'll be like a full body fabric tail, I may plan on separating the top and the tail in case I wanted to walk around! I would make scale print pants for that and wear these shoes that I have with them !

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Cool project!
    If carts and wheelchairs are no option, I'd recommend making a costume top and two pieces for the legs; one a swimmable tail, the other a "walkable" tail, so to speak.
    Fishtail gown maybe with the fluke held up by strings as you walk, like some Halloween mermaid costumes have it.
    Please post pictures!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Aaaaand this is when I suddenly remember that I haven't fed my Neopets in 8 years and feel pretty guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about that! I also saw some cosplays where people sat on "rocks" (foam painted to look like rocks I think?) where they had their tail on the rocks and their feet were inside it and they were able to walk, it's really hard to explain! But I think I'll be able to use a wheelchair, I'll probably decorate it like the fountain the character is always at Thanks so much! I'll definitely post pictures!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    I cosplayed as Princess Aquata at A-Kon last year and used a wheel chair to get around. I had someone pushing me, which helped a lot since the convention is so crowded it's difficult to maneuver the wheelchair plus a big tail fluke. You either need a small fluke in your tail or the kind of wheelchair that supports the legs. Getting in the elevator is going to be a bitch no matter what because you will be taking up the space of 3 people and EVERYONE wants to get on THIS elevator, not the next one. If you can, have a friend with a hotel room so you can wheel all your cosplay junk to their room, get in costume, and then go to the con. I don't recommend swimming in the hotel pool unless you do it early Friday because that pool gets disgusting fast. The indoor one is bigger and nicer, but wasn't open when I went.

The elevators have never been cramped for me, I never see a lot of people using them! The most crowded I've seen was when a bunch of fursuiters squished in there lol Convention pools are always nasty, thanks for the advice! I'm going in a group and I'll have my friend pushing me around, also some of my friends usually stay in the hotel so I could get everything done in there! Thank you so much for all your helpful advice!!

Omgs Neopets I was obsessed as a kid a great idea a wheel chair is a great idea for transport. because you could store your fin in the pockets or in abag on it if it gets to crowded. I've been to a bunch of little and big cons and people should make room. maybe build a zipper from the bottom so you can just unzip it to walk in it when you want like a slit in a long skirt. That way you can zip it up to swim in and still walk in it.
    Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/MermaidKumori

Please enjoy and like my page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kumori5Kitsune

My channel check out my mermaid videos, shows and other things.

http://taylormforeman.wix.com/kumori-mermaid

My Tail ordering site. You want A tail check me out!.