Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Merbella Studios Experience

Question Merbella Studios Experience

Hi, I've been reading the tailmaker reviews, I've noticed there isn't a way to ask questions regarding people's experiences from purchasing a tail so I'm hoping I'm in the right area.

I'm set on Raven's tails as there are some design concepts that I am confident Raven can only do and especially the jewellery, I haven't seen another mertailor make jewellery like Raven does. I'm wanting to ask questions regarding people's experience please.

1. I was wondering what was the wait time was like before you received an email reply from Raven whether it be her personal email address, from etsy or facebook?
    2. How long did you wait for there to be an availability to order your tail?

Thank you

She only replies to her business email for orders. You won't get a reply from her from Facebook or Etsy or personal pages. I waited months for a spot to open up. Sometimes it's shorter, but from what I've seen on the main Merbellas thread, she's taken on a lot of orders lately and may be full up until she finishes this batch or has room for another in her rotation once she completes one. She usually takes orders in batches, then will have the odd opening here and there.

You can go ahead an email her, there's a chance she may get back to you. Otherwise, watch her facebook page for open spots. I checked it once a day- I bookmarked it, but I think you can get notifications now when a page posts though, so I'd advise that. I emailed when she posted a spot was open. She got back to me the next day, but I can't speak for others.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Thanks Iona.

I have an extravagant design that I haven't seen another mer consider, so I wanted to make sure first with Raven if it was doable. I guess I just jump in and proceed with the order and go from there.

When did Raven last taken order Iona?

If your tail is more fancy, how much would you be looking at and what type of monofin would I get if I have little to no experience however wanting the motion to be fluid and realistic as possible. I can always practice months before hand with a monofin before receiving

Thank you for your time
    Last edited by Merfin_Aurora_Oceania; 03-16-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    In regards to the monofin, you'll probably want to go for the Finis Foil. Easy to learn on, and gives you the fluidity and realism you're after.

I don't know when she took orders last exactly, I just know that I've seen people posting that their orders have been taken recently in the Merbellas thread.

As for the custom sculpt,
    From her FAQ:
    "12. Do you do custom flukes?

• Absolutely! There is an additional fee. Depending on how complicated your sculpture is, how big it will need to be and how long it will take to sculpt will determine the price. generally between $400-$600 but can be more or less."

If you have extra fins that you want her to sculpt as well that will be additional. No one can say how much, you'd have to get a quote from Raven She doesn't charge more for complicated paint though.

I second the recommendation for the foil.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    It's really a shot in the dark. I got a reply once from her etsy and I was very happy about that because it just doesn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your help!

I'm fairly confident to say that it'll be about $5,500 US including top, tail and accessories, it'll be more for me to allow the AU conversion and our dollar is 70c for every US$ so ouch!

I think it will be about $7,500AU including postage.

Thank you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Help with Questions as I am Serious on Saving

Thank you for your patience everyone. I've been reading Merbella's price list over and over again.

One question that is not answered I know with the fins they are $150US a pair so does it matter what size your fins are, is the price fixed at $150 regardless?

A pricing section that is not mentioned is how much is it for the jewellery, this is what stumps me, I've allocated $350US for a complete set which includes, headdress/crown, earrings, necklace, bracelet and waist band. I'm swimming into unknown territory here and I must have a very close figure to the actual full payment.

As a general rule of thumb how much excess money would you allow as I can not receive surprises as its not fair on Tyler or Raven.

Is it possible that you have like a down payment of $3000US and that you can pay Merbella's the remainder before your outfit is posted, its just in case its more than what I thought.

For those whom have bought from Merbella overseas how much is postage to Australia? I'm guessing $250US.

Thank you, I sincerely appreciate your help!
    Last edited by Merfin_Aurora_Oceania; 03-24-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Those are really questions for them honestly

Thanks Raina, I've received a reply back from Tyler from my first initial email, I've asked for a quote and I'm not too sure how long the 2nd reply is going to take.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I think he's off doing shows atm

It ends up being quite expensive to ship the tail to Australia! Mine was $450 two years ago, and I think Namiko's was almost $700 in postage costs. You have to take that into account. But they dont ask for postage payment until your tail/accessories are finished.

Wow really Mizuko *blink* I'll keep that in mind. Thank you Raina, thank you Mizuko.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    My postage from Finfolk to Australia was about $800 two years ago
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Is the postage figures based on Australian currency or US currency please?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    Australian dollars for me
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Thanks Tigi, so appreciative of all this, it really gives me an idea just how much I really need to save
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiccup

For personal reasons I'm not going to say what the situation is however something to help my tail outfit fell through and I was wondering if anyone knows from experience if Tyler will return my emails?

He originally replied to me 5 days ago and he hasn't replied back since.

I'm aware both are busy however considering he replied overnight to 1st initial email, I'm just not sure now.

Thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not really sure how many times I can tell you and post in the merbellas thread that Tyler has been performing and not even home to answer emails. IN addition, Merbellas havent announced they're taking orders. It's been explained pretty clearly multiple times in their thread. They are in huge demand, have a huge wait list, and tend to reply to emails when they're ready to take orders so all you can do is send it in and that's it. Sending 5 isn't going to change anything. And you've asked about this quite a few times now and been given the same answers.

It's really awesome that you're so enthusiastic on wanting a mermaid tail but if you're having this much trouble with the email replies, perhaps you should consider going with another tail maker who is faster and less in demand and answers emails daily.

P.s. if you dont have the funds either you can't really place an order. They only take people when 1) they have a space and 2) that person can pay in full. This has been posted to you a few times now.