Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP Rates for a wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Talia View Post
    I don't know, Kishiko. Five hours is a lot, and she has to take many things into consideration. I was just wondering:

1- Is it a closed place (indoors) or outdoors? If it is outdoors, is it in Summer, Spring, Fall or Winter? Will it be cold to be in water?
    2- If it is outdoors, and they want her in water the whole time, how about things like hypothermia? Will the water be warm?
    3- Even if it is just posing for pictures, she needs bathroom breaks, drink and probably eat something. Also time to stretch her legs.
    4- Many people don't want performers to take tips on a wedding, as it would be putting a burden on their guests.
    5- I would definitely not work for tips for 5 hours. Half hour, yes; one probably, if it was for a charity or something. More is unnaceptable.
    Oh don't get me wrong I totally understand! The event Gem and I are doing is my local fair (my family and I are on the board) and because our town has about 900 people they barely have a budget. We are working for tips, doing makeovers, selling trinkets, etc. I'm not disagreeing with what's being said at all!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    I have done quite a few weddings but I guess since I have worked only in Thailand its not the same... I think I don't make very much compared to other mermaids because of the location I work... I get about $200 dollars for flying to another part of the country, working for 3 - 4 hours in the pool and staying over then flying back the next day ... I don't know, I feel like its a lot of work for not so much return - esp. when I have to make and repair tails all the time...
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

What kinds or rates is everyone charging for kids parties? I assume out door pool, YMCA, and lake are all different. I'm just starting out so any help would be great!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Tami View Post
    What kinds or rates is everyone charging for kids parties? I assume out door pool, YMCA, and lake are all different. I'm just starting out so any help would be great!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    it would be good to start your own thread as this one is about weddings and is a year old

Remember to make sure you guys are in agreement with what you are doing during that time
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Very good forum! I'd love to follow this with any further information you guys have to offer, but this covers a good gist of it ^.^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk