Thread: Professional Mermaids in Australia

Professional Mermaids in Australia

Are there any professional mermaids being recruited for employment in Australia?

I've reserached online and it comes up nill, not unless you count a facebook page for Australian Mermaids I can not seem to find a mermaid company who recruits... ... ...

I may consider operating my own company if this true.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Thanks Yulia, not what quite what I was looking for.

Thank you
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    There isn't a call for pro mermaids or any other level of mermaids, in recruitment companies. Most people just start their own business. Unless you're lucky enough to convince an aquarium or swimming pool to hire you on as a mermaid performer. Its not like trying to get a job in office support, where you join the agency and they give you office jobs.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Yeah there aren't many mermaids in the WORLD who are established enough to be recruiting people. Raina in Halifax (Canada) is one, Keriel in Hawaii is another. Maybe Kat Felton... But I don't know for sure or where she's located. I think the only person running a big pod here may be Renee (I don't know her mermaid name sorry) I think she's located in Sydney and I can't confirm of she actually recruits people or not.

Thank you Jaffa and Selene.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The campaign has been removed from Indiegogo as far as I can tell and I'm unable to see a Facebook page like you mention.

I do not reside in Townsville however I am based in Queensland without access to a car travelling would be difficult to get Whitsundays :/

I'll definitely give them a call none the less, thank you so much Cora
    Last edited by Merfin_Aurora_Oceania; 03-27-2015 at 07:11 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All good, I have found their page I'll definitely follow through and find out though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds like a good opportunity to swim for free all day and everyday!

I only have fabric tails... I wonder if that makes difference?
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 03-29-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
    That's me!

I must say it is pretty awesome to be referred to in a post about professional mermaids haha!
    We get so many questions about whether we are "recruiting" but we are just a couple of like minded artists doing our thing

Australian mermaids is more like a general interest page run by a really lovely mermaid author. She links to other Aussie mermaids if you message her.

I posted a question on whether they are still hiring or not. I got one reply but nothing more after that... Maybe he doesn't want ethnic mermaids...