Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mermaiding at a Water Park

Mermaiding at a Water Park

So our local water park is smaller and had not been doing well in past years. It now has new family ownership, and am looking into booking with them. Around here, a mermaid in the wave pool or kids area would be great publicity for them.

I spoke with the owner a bit, and he told me to email their entertainment coordinator. Now I'm wondering what kinds of information I should put in there!

Besides a resume for myself, I have to sell the mermaiding aspect of it.

This is such a huge opportunity, I even dreamt about it last night. Haha

Any info is appreciated!

Accepting Custom Silicone Tail Orders For $1400!
    Slots Taken: 3/3

On Facebook - Custom Orders - Etsy

Congratulations Siren I think this will be a wonderful opportunity for both yourself, the pool and the kids

I would include in the email subject line Attention: Entertainment Co-ordinator of (Waterpark's name) Regarding Mermaid Entertainer Position

Just as I start the email I always place my name and contact number before I write my email that way if they loose a resume they can see your contact details in the opening email, I usually move it to the right hand side of the screen.

Eg. Marissa Donhart
    00 001 345 987

Dear ???, I have spoken with the owner of (Waterpark name) and has given me a hopeful prospect of being a mermaid enterainer at your waterpark.

Give a quick brief about yourself no more than a paragrah, skills, previous experience and the reason why you become a mermaid if you wish

I would follow on to say this is why hiring would be an advantage not only for the waterpark however for myself as. eg. I have a great charisma that will attract children far and wide and hopefully invest into a safer future for your waterpark which will also assist myself as a mermaid entertainer in being able to expand my horizons and be educated further (avoid mentioning money).

I have confidence that if a mermaid is advertised to be at the waterpark that droves of people will come.

Possibly a 3rd or 4th example as to how you can help the park.

Try and avoid any talk about the money, its nice to receive a paycheque if you are however in my opinion its about learning the skills as a mermaid entertainer. how to expand your horizons and increase your work prospects for another position.

Its really important to value yourself and as to how you would boost the waterpark's guest rate and what would you offer to the park, its wonderful that you will appear what will do for the guests once they arrive? Have you got a show script or something that you could bring with you? Maybe educating children about water safety or organising a lifeguard session where you can learn the basic knowledge of water safety to teach others.

Good luck
    Last edited by Merfin_Aurora_Oceania; 03-17-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Off topic: Rogue Siren, has anyone told you, you look exactly like a young Jessica Alba in your avatar?

Back on topic, don't forget your police check, working with children check, or whatever equivalent certificates you might need in your country. Over here in Australia, we'd need those if we were to work or interact with kids on a daily basis.

Are you going to allow them to touch your tail? Or are you like a prop? Can see but not touch.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Hey Siren!

I can tell you from experience that mermaids are a HUGE draw for waterparks! Last year, I purcahsed my very first mermaid tail...a neoprene fromMertailor. It was just for fun and I was looking for a cool place to swim in it. There was a waterpark near my home with large pools in it so I thought, "what the heck?" Well, I showed up there, slipped on my tail...and it caused a HUGE scene! Kids started coming up to me and and wound up crowding me so bad they had to call security. This happened AGAIN the next week when I visited and the local news media showed up and did a story on it! Two other stations followed suit....my story wound up going national...it was even carried on the Weather Channel! I will post a link to my webpage below...the news stories are at the bottom of the page where I am actually in the water parks. Long story short, that water park AND the one in a neighboring city started hiring me on a contract basis to make appearances. I would advertise when I would show up to the park a week ahead of time on social media, it would creat e a huge buzz, and the parks would sell out that day. Pitch that story to the entertainment coordinator...and send her my links as well....it might help to convince them! Best of luck!!

http://www.thelouisianamermaid.com/

Thank you, guys!

And that is SO AWESOME Vanessa.

Accepting Custom Silicone Tail Orders For $1400!
    Slots Taken: 3/3

On Facebook - Custom Orders - Etsy