Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monofin Recommendation

Monofin Recommendation

I was set on Mahina's Merfin Monofin, I wanted to make sure as I am someone whom is prone to blisters what monofin would you recommend that's under $140USD and has international shipping.

Thank you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Wearing neoprene booties would help with the blisters.

But if you want to change monofins, a finis wave or rapid are under that amount.
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

From people's experiences I am trying to find a company that is known to prevent as little blistering as people. I am aware about the neoprene socks, I am trying to minimise neoprene socks or toe socks as much as possible in preparation for my mer tail.

Thank you
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    It doesn't matter on the company...some peoples feet blister on some monofins while other don't on the exact same fin. So the only prevention is socks Some people have used thick socks to prevent blisters. My wave has never given me blisters, while my hydra has caused bad redness (which any longer would make blisters)
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I just moved this to the monofin section and deleted the duplicate thread.

Thank you malinghi I placed it in the wrong forum which is why I duplicated it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    My merfin gives me blisters so I wear thick sports socks with it.

My Finis Foil did give me blisters on my toe bone but I solved that by gluing a strip of thick neoprene over the sharp bit of plastic, and have never had a blister since. And I don't wear socks with it.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Thanks Jaffa
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of Cali
    Agree with Ilyena, I've yet to find a monofin that doesn't blister me somewhere. It really kind of depends on the individual. Everyone else I know personally who swims with one never uses socks or gets blisters. I hate wearing socks or booties too because of the feeling of stuff bunched around toes inside the fin but it does help with blistering tremendously. I still blister a tiny bit even with some swimsuit material socks from finnis and neoprine toe booties over the skin socks. Depending on the length of time of your swim you could use those special gelskin band-aids made specifically for blister care to place over the areas you usually blister. They're thick, very similar to skin in feel/texture, and waterproof for a good while if applied properly initially. They will kind of begin to loosen around the edges and take on water over time but are good for at least four hours. So far, for me this is the best way to completely prevent blistering from the fin, but can become costly if you need them frequently.

Thanks poly I'll stick with the original fins I had in mind however I definitely want to invest in anklet straps and neo socks (and toe socks too)

Thank you.
    Last edited by Merfin_Aurora_Oceania; 03-21-2015 at 06:14 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mahina gave me blisters for a while, but then i got where i could wear it with no issue. i started with neoprene socks, then moved to spandex, then nothing. I loved my merfin when i had it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

The merfin looks beautiful, I think cause its sculptured like a mermaid's fluke that makes it so appealing and also because its friendly to the environment which is such an upside!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    My merfin absolutely give me blisters. But then when I bought it only the children's sizes were available and putting my feet into the largest children's size was a feat all on its own. I wear mine with neoprene socks. My now I have my hydra, I'm kind of favouring it more, even though it's going into my tail and I'll only be able to use it with the whole tail ensemble
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Nice Elle for your hydra and thank you
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mahina monofin caused chafing and bruising at the top of the foot slot. I trimmed it down and wear socks for a more comfortable fit.
    I never knew my place in the world,but
    I found it here as a Merkin to everyone here.
    FTM Trans Gender-fluid Male
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko

My monofin has never given me blisters. Not my foil, rapid, or waterway. But I'm not one to blister easily anyway. i don't know about a Mahina fin though. Kishiko wears socks to stop her blisters though. Not neoprene, just plain socks
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

I'm looking for recommendations. I want to buy a mid-range to low-range monofin to practice in before my Merbellas Silicone Tail gets here in August. I may eventually cover it in a spandex tail, but for now I just want to be able to practice swimming with a fluke. Suggestions? Right now I'm considering the Finis Aquarius but have also looked at the foil and rapid. Thoughts? Looking to stay under $100
    ******* Sea Wishes and Fish Kisses *******
    ~~~~~~~~ Aurellia Gyldenscale ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.HeartlandMermaid.com
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAurellia

I have tested out the finis rapid and that seemed to be really comfortable with adjustable foot pockets. So I assume that this will be similar because of the company. I also have a foil and both are really comfortable in that case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I never knew my place in the world,but
    I found it here as a Merkin to everyone here.
    FTM Trans Gender-fluid Male
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko

Mahina has a free shipping offer to the US during easter, they are 109usd.