Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Heard of Sun Tails?

Anyone Heard of Sun Tails?

They currently have monofins for children however they are looking at widening the range to adults, they currently have a kickstarter program launching now to raise $10,000 with hopes of production to start in June.

They actually use neoprene for the foot pockets instead of rubber to preventing rubbing and blisters which is brilliant. The neoprene foot pocket is detachable from the fin allowing for quick drying and easy removal.

http://suntailmermaid.com/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

I'm sure I saw them on kickstarter some time ago too? or was that another mermaid monofin?

Its a unique monofin design on the market, its looks like a mermaid however it has the convenience of the foot pockets to be detachable it may be inclined of wear and tear over time however if you leave the foot pockets intact it might last longer.

Its a brilliant concept that I wish would come sooner for the adults. I could also imagine this being the future of of mermaid flukes no more noticeable signs from the legs to the feet as the neoprene would contour to the feet allowing for natural lines.

If I was a tail maker I would support her with the $10,000 and invest in her monofins for my tails.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    There is another thread where suntails actually were looking for testers for their new adult fins, they're going to get back to us
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Cool. I would so participate.

Thanks Elle.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually entered their contest thanks to this thread. I kind of wish I had Facebook because I have like two people to help me out... People on Facebook have an unfair advantage on contests!

Sent from my tablet through the wonders of the interwebs!
    Dan/Danny || 17 || they/them

(Avatar by me (@red.lion.art))

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Cadhla View Post
    I actually entered their contest thanks to this thread. I kind of wish I had Facebook because I have like two people to help me out... People on Facebook have an unfair advantage on contests!

Sent from my tablet through the wonders of the interwebs!
    Not really. I have fb and most times contests are just a popularity contest. The one with the most friends wins.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Hey guys, thanks for the positive feedback on our adult fin! I really want it to be something that pro mermaids will love.

- The removable pocket could wear out over time, but the strap cuts down on that, as well, it wraps around and doubly secures the velcro area if that makes sense. Also, we're working hard on the foot pockets to keep the manufacturing cost really low so if they do wear out it wouldn't be too much to replace them (since your plastic fin should last forever!)

- FYI - the gal who won the contest was not one of the high referrers, and only had a family profile on Facebook, so hope for the rest of us, right? :o)

- I triple heart that you guys are willing to test for me. I'll be in touch with those who have expressed interest. <3

Senior Member Pod of The South
    @mermaidjanie, I would be more than happy to test one of your fins once you guys start production! I dont know if you have any male testers yet, so I may be able to offer a little bit of variety in your testing pool
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Not really. I have fb and most times contests are just a popularity contest. The one with the most friends wins.
    this.

THEY HAVE ORCA AND SEA MONSTER TAILS!!!

*breathe*

*breathe*

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-swim-flipper

The lemon green tail matches my avatar so perfectly!

I love the dragon one!

This looks like a very nice line of tails and monofins. I will be very interested to see the adult models when they roll out.

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    These look great!
    I do wish that someday someone will make a monofin like this that doesn't have such an obvious and flat heel, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidjanie View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the positive feedback on our adult fin! I really want it to be something that pro mermaids will love.

- The removable pocket could wear out over time, but the strap cuts down on that, as well, it wraps around and doubly secures the velcro area if that makes sense. Also, we're working hard on the foot pockets to keep the manufacturing cost really low so if they do wear out it wouldn't be too much to replace them (since your plastic fin should last forever!)

- FYI - the gal who won the contest was not one of the high referrers, and only had a family profile on Facebook, so hope for the rest of us, right? :o)

- I triple heart that you guys are willing to test for me. I'll be in touch with those who have expressed interest. <3

Let me know if you need more testers! I'd be happy to help a new company!
    ******* Sea Wishes and Fish Kisses *******
    ~~~~~~~~ Aurellia Gyldenscale ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.HeartlandMermaid.com
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAurellia

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    I'd be up for tail testing! I have a pool nearby and a beach! Maybe someone who'd test how well it would deal with wear and tear would be good?
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Quote Originally Posted by Sherielle View Post
    These look great!
    I do wish that someday someone will make a monofin like this that doesn't have such an obvious and flat heel, though.
    Noted! I'm going to be constantly improving products and developing new ones, so I appreciate this feedback

I'm so excited that you guys like the new line of tails! I have a whole line planned along those lines. They're super fun and do a great job of pleasing everyone across the gender spectrum Mermen and non-girly-girl Mermaids have been ignored in the fabric tail mermaid world for the most part. We're gonna change that.

Thrilled that our Kickstarter is funded! Even if you hope to be a tester (and I reaaaalllly wish I could use all of you!) you can snag a $25 tail before the campaign ends. Thanks for all the love & feedback!

- Jessica on Janie's account.

Is it just me, or does the Orca tail have scales on it? That's a tad confusing.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    Is it just me, or does the Orca tail have scales on it? That's a tad confusing.
    Not you. It does have scales on it. But you wouldn't notice it much I think, since one will be swimming in the water with it.

I've noticed heels are not square and bulky if your feet hang off the outside of the monofin. See the merfin, finis foil and others where there is a open heel design.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 04-09-2015 at 06:56 PM.