Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 MerNetwork Fundraiser

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    @ Iona or malinghi-

How long is the fund raiser running? I would like to donate but I have to wait till payday next week.
    No worries Marlin! We'll take the notification down probably in another week, but donations are always open, year round If you go to the forum home page and scroll down to the bottom the donation button is always down there now - thanks to Malinghi's super skills!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    If you have an actual number you're working towards, maybe think about adding a traditional 'fundraiser thermometer'? People tend to respond to the progress towards a defined goal.
    Here's our progress folks And thank you for giving even small donations- EVERY little bit helps!

Name:  funds.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  23.9 KB

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I haven't had any more donations come in after the last post, so still the same. Good news is that the payment isn't due till June so we have some time

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    We should charge for name changes.

The exchange rate is not that good on my side, but I could afford to donate a bit more.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    We should charge for name changes.
    I thought we already did?
    Though, yeah, we'd be raking it in if we charged for first-time changes, I don't think it'd go down too well :P

Fundraiser. Excellent idea! How much would need to be raised to get an actual mobile service other than tapatalk? I think that would be a much wanted and worthwile investment.
    I'm a smol freckled selkie living on the Golden Coast of California, eager to play with other mermaids and collaborate on epic events. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kelda View Post
    I thought we already did?
    Though, yeah, we'd be raking it in if we charged for first-time changes, I don't think it'd go down too well :P
    2nd time name changes are any donation over $1 or they have to greet 20 new users. Maybe we should start charging more for 2nd name changes, I dunno.. what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Freckled Kisses View Post
    Fundraiser. Excellent idea! How much would need to be raised to get an actual mobile service other than tapatalk? I think that would be a much wanted and worthwile investment.
    It's $200 for the mobile app. And we just put down $80 out of pocket (not part of the fundraiser) to fix a big issue, and still need to raise $65 just to cover hosting this upcoming year. Plus we actually make money from the Tapatalk ads that helps support the site- all the money we've earned from that is already counted in the fundraiser, plus any money we had leftover from last year's donations, btw.

Is there any reason why people don't like Tapatalk? I've never had an issue with it.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I was fine with taptalk until it updated and changed where all the buttons were and now I find I have a lot of trouble finding functions I can easily locate on the mobile site. Obviously it has benifits like being able to post pictures and (I don't know if this is an issue everyone has on their phone or just me) when I use the real site on my phone it doesn't display threads properly unless I'm in landscape. Overall though I just like the familiarity of the mobile site.

Tapatalk was great until the update, I deleted it this morning

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I actually find the new Tapatalk easier but it can be tricky at first. Maybe I'll take some screen shots and post a tutorial.

I bought a lot of U S Proof sets to help someone raise money, as they make swell gifts for birthdays & anniversarys. I would donate all profits to you or someones cause. let me know esther

Couldn't donate much at the moment, but hopefully it adds up!
    User formerly known as "Harley".

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Mine was only a tiny drop in the ocean, but I hope it helps.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Donated! I'll be sharing this and praying for success for the site! <3

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Great news! We raised enough to pay this year's hosting fee! The invoice for the upcoming year came today, so it's all paid off and taken care of for another year THANK YOU soooo much everyone! It really means a lot to us that you donate to help cover the costs of the site!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Hooray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the fundraiser is over but I went ahead and donated just now anyway. After all the help, tutorials and advice that I've gotten from MerNetwork to successfully make my own tail, I'd be remiss in not paying it back! XD Thanks for being awesome!