Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Brilliant Idea for a Worldwide Videography Collaboration

I would think either direct communication or the way a story idea can pass between pods.

Or a lot of bottles going out at the same time from a mystery note writer and each pod finding one...

*rambles*

Might be able to get some of the North Pacific pod in on this. Sounds like fun!

It's a cute idea, but really would anyone be interested in buying it? Especially if pods talk about what they're going to be doing on the forum.
    They would all need to be shot in the same almost the same resolution. 1080 or 720, at least 30 FPS. People would have to use dropbox, or other public cloud services that allow people not registered with that service to download the clips. Even so that might be a challenge as dropbox only allows so many gigs for free.

Also, who is going to volunteer to do the editing? 100 minutes is A LOT of footage, and it would end up being at least twice that amount (if not 5x that) before being edited. It can take me hours to make a 3-6 minute video. So.. :/

There would also need to be release forms to sell something like this. I have no idea what those would even look like, but I've found in the past some people say it's okay to use their stuff then end up changing their mind and at best end up with removed content, at worst end up with a lawsuit.

I think a better idea would be to submit these videos to the admins, with statements from each person saying they give all rights/copyright release to MerNetwork, and for MerNetwork to put a channel up on youtube where we could monotize the views.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Iona, that's a great idea! As much as I love mermaids, I don't think I would buy something like this, nor would I watch it all in one go. But I do watch the heck out of YouTube videos!

So it would still be one conclusive story, but broken up into several youtube videos on the Mernetwork channel? I'm sure my pod could get behind that. We would need to start working on material NOW, though. We meet in a couple weeks.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    So it would still be one conclusive story, but broken up into several youtube videos on the Mernetwork channel? I'm sure my pod could get behind that. We would need to start working on material NOW, though. We meet in a couple weeks.
    Yeah I agree we need to start working on that immediately and figure everything out
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

So now we need to know quite a few things before we can even get started:

1. What IS the general storyline? How are we dividing it?

2. How many pods are participating, and in what order are their stories going to fall in the general storyline?

3. Is everyone writing their own story, or is everyone contributing to the same story and we're splitting it up?

4. Contingency plans in case a pod drops out from the project

Anything else I'm forgetting?

I have no idea. This was aurora's idea but I don't think she had a story written. I'm no writer either :/ Anyone else up for writing this thing?

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I can try to write it if someone everyone else can come up with and agree on a theme. Although, while I'm extensively praised for storytelling in Farsi, I'm not sure how good of a writer I am in English..... But I mean, how much harder can it be to tell a story in English than in Farsi? Especially since English stories aren't expected to have a rhythm and rhyming meter, nor are they expected to be told in a semi-musical manner, lol.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Anahita View Post
    I can try to write it if someone everyone else can come up with and agree on a theme. Although, while I'm extensively praised for storytelling in Farsi, I'm not sure how good of a writer I am in English..... But I mean, how much harder can it be to tell a story in English than in Farsi? Especially since English stories aren't expected to have a rhythm and rhyming meter, nor are they expected to be told in a semi-musical manner, lol.
    Just for the record though, a rhythm/ rhyming/ semi-musical thing would be awesome... even cooler if I could sing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Selene View Post
    Just for the record though, a rhythm/ rhyming/ semi-musical thing would be awesome... even cooler if I could sing...
    Hahaha, I can work some of that into there if y'all want.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی

Senior Member Euro Pod SiaTheMermaid's Avatar
    Add SiaTheMermaid on Facebook
    I like the YouTube channel idea, but getting the veiws is so difficult these days.

As for the storyline, i have a small idea. it can be about something environmental In each pod specific area, thus drawing a picture of the worlwide dilemma? Just a thought
    I wanna be where the mermaids are, I wanna see, wanna see them twirling
    Swimming around with those, What do you call 'em?
    Oh, fins.

Quote Originally Posted by SiaTheMermaid View Post
    I like the YouTube channel idea, but getting the veiws is so difficult these days.

As for the storyline, i have a small idea. it can be about something environmental In each pod specific area, thus drawing a picture of the worlwide dilemma? Just a thought
    90% of sea turtles in America nest in florida, so maybe the Florida pod could do something about their safety and the dangers humans cause them

This sounds totally awesome! Im pretty sure the UK pod would be up for getting involved in this too =D

I think the youtube videos sound like a good idea too =)
    Lily-Rose the English Mermaid
    of
    The English Mermaids

Senior Member Euro Pod SiaTheMermaid's Avatar
    Add SiaTheMermaid on Facebook
    Well two Scotland mermaids are in on this Lily
    I wanna be where the mermaids are, I wanna see, wanna see them twirling
    Swimming around with those, What do you call 'em?
    Oh, fins.

If Florida gets in on sea turtles, California needs to get in on ocean pollution and water conservation. We're so f****d right now.... pardon my language.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی

Florida mers could also talk about freshwater spring preservation, since it is still currently being voted on- and is the reason why a lot of springs are closed for swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    Florida mers could also talk about freshwater spring preservation, since it is still currently being voted on- and is the reason why a lot of springs are closed for swimming.
    That's a good one since we will be at the springs for the meet