Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: "swimtails" anyone heard of em?

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    You can certainly recover from this mistake with a little elbow grease and PR
    Thanks so much for the positive comments! We need them ��

you guys do have awesome designs, I have to admit! I wish I could put my ideas down like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

The parrot tail is gorgeous! I dig the black lace design, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmorelj View Post
    The parrot tail is gorgeous! I dig the black lace design, too.
    Thanks so much! It means a lot

Has anyone tried their Betta tails? How do they work in the water? I have been thinking about buying one of them, or just getting a monofin and swimming straight to silicone...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    Has anyone tried their Betta tails? How do they work in the water? I have been thinking about buying one of them, or just getting a monofin and swimming straight to silicone...
    Ask merman Jax.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    Get a simple tail first. Like fin fun. It doesnt matter that you can swim well. It is so hard to manage and take care of a silicone tail and its even harder to swim in them.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

They list their material as “scuba” fabric. Does this mean it’s neoprene? I have a friend who wants to know as she is wondering if she can do scales overtop to fix an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer_Adella View Post
    They list their material as scuba fabric. Does this mean its neoprene? I have a friend who wants to know as she is wondering if she can do scales overtop to fix an issue.
    Its scubaknit which is like a very thin neoprene, its behaves much more like spandex.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Since there have come out so many gorgeous new designs (the siren and hydra and betta tails, etc), can we update this thread or maybe make a fresh one?
    While organizing mermeets in Germany, I found that swimtails are now heavily marketed in Europe, with many local distributors.
    Does this mean they have now many satisfied customers, or did they simply go for a new market after the drama in the US?

I tried to find relevant reviews and RL pictures, but all I can find are some digital stock photos and videos about, well, what's in this thread.
    I'd really like to hear from people who own their tails, and how they swim (the sleeker ones, the Bettas I can tell are hard to swim in xD
    so pretty though!)