Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii mermaid experience

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    been watching online, it looks AMAZING.

North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouMermaid View Post
    I want to go so badly. My mom's side of the family is from the big island, so I could make it an extended trip and visit my family as well I'm a bit out of funds for the time being though (trying to buy a house).
    Bayou, we should go together and visit family on the big island. Maybe even hook up with the pod down there for a swim or two...

Member Chesapeake Pod Tom Cardwell's Avatar
    I could have done this, still kinda bummed.
    Wanted to take my wife to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary last year but failing to sell our house killed that. I actually emailed finfolk about making a tail by July 25 ( 6 months) for my special birthday but their reply on January 30th said their production was out to Nov/Dec so I put down a deposit. I'd wished they would have emailed me back
    by March 1st
    saying they had this promotion in the works, hang on, you might be able to get your finfolk tail for your birthday and take a magical trip to Hawaii. Just after March 10th I was 100% committed to buying my pink Mernation tail. *shrug*
    Really hoping its offered for next July, we will so be there! Can't wait to see the pics from my friends who went. and ask them a million questions.
    Last edited by Tom Cardwell; 07-16-2015 at 05:23 PM.

just because you make the trip doesnt mean they could of had your tail ready for the trip. I know people who ordered back in fall of last year who should be getting them soon.

I'd love to see pics from the people who went!

"Also, as a BONUS, if you are a CURRENT client and sign up for this event, we will make sure your tail is ready and waiting for you when you get to Kona. "

I was a current client.
    Anyways, gonna see if I can wrangle up a pre made group for either end of April or same July dates next year and start saving.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tom Cardwell; 07-17-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Quick Update! We wanted to announce that one spot opened up for our August 4th - 11th 2015 event! If anyone's interested in coming out and enjoying a week under the Hawaiian sun with fellow mers & See Through Sea, email us at info@seethroughsea.com!
    Our first event was wonderful! Still can't believe it flew by so quickly! We're so thankful to have made so many new friends and can't wait to share photos/videos!!

I wish there were more packages like this available to mers who can't swim underwater. It's a really neat deal, and I can't blame anyone who can swim underwater for wanting to go, but even if I could afford it, it really wouldn't apply to me...
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Are you referring to maybe a beach only photoshoots?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cardwell View Post
    Are you referring to maybe a beach only photoshoots?

Well, first of all, I mean this event organizer no ill will, and I'm sorry to be a broken record and poo-poo on other's fun. I used to feel extremely insecure about my lack of swimming ability, it was one of several factors that put me in a very bad place emotionally and mentally when I was first active on here. I'm a very stubborn person, so it took me a while to admit that my complaining wasn't solving anything and that even if I can't actually swim and free dive like Hannah and Linden, comparisons are a very unhealthy thing, so I can just be the best mermaid I can be by working within my limits and being willing to compromise sometimes. Iona/Winged Mermaid gave me some good "tough love" advice on that that I'm grateful for. I ended up eventually buying a monofin and enjoying getting a bit of exercise flipping my fluke in kiddie pools, and I am now open to the idea of attending a mer-meetup at a pool. Still, when I see events that are targeted strictly to those who are able to swim underwater well, I sometimes get this knee-jerk reaction of "well, that doesn't apply to me so...". I can understand why there's a demand for such events, so of course I know it's not fair of me to say such events shouldn't happen for the sake of those who it applies to, which is probably a majority of the mer-community.
    With all that said, yeah, I guess beach shoots could be part of it, as well as events that are at shallow pools. I'm just a big believer in inclusion, I believe everyone should have the chance to feel like a mermaid whether they're a skilled swimmer or not
    Follow me on Facebook!

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    I'm just a big believer in inclusion, I believe everyone should have the chance to feel like a mermaid whether they're a skilled swimmer or not
    Inclusion is all well and good... but to me, it kind of sounds like a case of going to a steak house and complaining that they only offer steak. If you don't like the fact that they're offering only deep sea shoots... don't go? If you want to go to Hawaii and only get dry shoots done, then go to Hawaii and hire a photographer for dry shoots. At the end of the day no one is forcing you to go to this event, if they were then maybe you could complain about inclusion, but this is a paid service and, at least in my opinion, you don't pay for a service and then complain that you don't like the service, especially when other services more suited to what you're after are available.

Hold on, I'll give you my thoughts which bridge the inclusion.

Did you all know that pirate/ mermaid pearl can't swim? She goes to all the major events. She was a special guest at merfest. She Just never swims. Shell sit in water for photos and that's about it.

Was gonna say, many mers at nc merfest didn't get in the water.

You told me that before Raina. I was like "Really, awesome". I never would've guessed as she's at least moderately famous on the mermaiding circuit and has a pretty realistic tail, as far as I can remember. I guess she just never advertised her lack of swimming ability and instead marketed herself with what skills/appeal she does have
    Follow me on Facebook!

I could see them offering the base $800 per person rate for companions to mers who dont swim (basically room cost and transport) and bring in a friend photographer for land shots, god knows wedding photographers there would know all the killer spots. Have a $400 rate for 5 days of multiple location shoots, significant cheaper than underwater, their underwater equipment is ungodly expensive. Could accommodate up to 6 non swim mers with 6 swim mers + non swim companions.

Yes those are some good ideas Tom!
    Follow me on Facebook!

I would have pounced the open slot but that's the weekend my wife is flying to the Death Star outside of Dallas for a conference, she booked it last year. I'm a dead man if i go without her. next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    I wish there were more packages like this available to mers who can't swim underwater. It's a really neat deal, and I can't blame anyone who can swim underwater for wanting to go, but even if I could afford it, it really wouldn't apply to me...
    Hey Kae-Leah
    if you're looking for a dry beach photoshoot with high quality photos try dreams photography aboard carnival cruise line.
    I took my tail on a Caribbean cruise to Cozumel and got amazing photos. The cruises run year round and are relatively cheap if you go in off season. I paid $300 for a week cruise in February. The photography is a little pricy but very well worth it. The lowest price package is $800. I chose the $1200-1500 (I forget exactly) package which included all the digital copies and rights, 70 printed photos, 1 video, and a coffee table photo book.
    And I got a 3 hour photoshoot.
    I drove down to Galveston to get the cruise and had no problem getting my tail past security. Really nice to get to a tropical local without having to fly my tail

edit, my avatar pic is from dreams photography
    Mermaid Enora

$800 for dry package?
    $1000 for underwater seem like the deal of the century.

but its cheaper to get to the Caribbean than to Hawaii.
    Mermaid Enora