Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian silicone tail maker?!?!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Just a heads up I chatted with the artist and we're all good she explained to me her side, I explained mine, and it's allll good. We both see where the other one is coming from and I am excited to see her progress! I hope she'll join here and post things. I think she just never expected it to get the response it did as fast as it did.

I don't see any bullying here either. Just constructive criticism. If someone can't take constructive criticism then business probably isn't for them tbh. On a note about the tails, what is the strange shinyness they have too them? Like they are covered in some kind of liquid? Is that normal for silicone ? A lot of silicone tails I see are all matt and not shiny like that.

She has managed to create that with silicone. Its what she uses for color and added a pearl shine coat. The are wonderfully metalic and shiney. The two tails have some different materials and I think the darker one has more shimmer to it personally.
    Shes a make up and sfx artist and has access to some amazing stuff.
    Theres a difference between constructive criticism and condescension. The way raina speaks about silicone here and how it probably wont work and blah blah is getting old since shes been corrected many times. Your constantly saying it even though ive told you different for the last 6 months. you have seen my progress and I told you in my thread from last year.

And raina I never said she said your comments were rude. I said I felt yours were rude as youve been told before that silicone works just as well here as anywhere else. Youve said that your info was from smooth on. You also said that its from when raven made your first tail and thats so long ago it doesnt matter now.

If I had listened to you, I wouldnt be making my own tail. And honestly I felt so bad when she told me how she felt that I was sick of it and finally said something. I specifically mentioned you because you pull this same speil about silicone and your wrong and have been told many times your wrong, just nicer.

This community had a bad habit of jumping all over would be tailmakers because of past history with others. Yes some sucked. But everyone deserves a chance. She didnt come on here asking for opinions on her tails, or it would be constructive.

Im glad you straightened it out with her but I really dont appreciate you saying you didnt know till this tailmaker about silicone. When we both know thats a lie. makes me look like in ripping on you for no reason when in fact I am. I can grab screen shots if youd like.

I told her I would come and explain so everyone knew the reasoning for certain things. Im glad I did cuz it made you set things straight.

I normally dont say anything because im still thought of as new but I expect more from you being as well known as you are. People believe what you say. Make sure what your handing out infowise is accurate.

And thats enough of that. From now one im only speaking of the tails themselves. Drama gives me wrinkles.
    If you can't stand upon the water I will meet you on the ocean floor

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'm not gonna argue with you here I PMed you on fb if you wanna hash it out with me. I don't recall you telling me prior to this so chances are I never saw your post or reply or whatever telling me that prior. I don't just lie or say the same old thing for fun. I said it because I believed based on my research it to be true but I doubt anyone here sees me as a leader in tail making or tail making resources. Why expect more of me? You waited two weeks to tell me off but in the fb thread I just got excited we could get silicone here now! You didn't express any hint of being upset there. Just informed me and I accepted what you said and moved on. You could of even thrown me a bone there and said, " remember I mentioned before...?" And I would of said no, I don't. Its unfair to speak to me on fb like everything is fine and then throw me under the bus on MerNetwork 2 weeks later. If that isn't drama what is it?

My communication with other mers is flooded. I can't keep up with the forum in many cases, facebook inbox is beyond flooded, I'm not sure what I've ever done to make anyone think I'd be told a fact and just keep choosing to say the opposite! I am allowed to make a mistake because I've missed something. For goodness sake. I would NEVER call you a liar for missing something, forgetting something, or getting something wrong.

I didn't know there was anything to set straight. Had she or you simply come to me I would of addressed it. And when I did address it with her she told things differently than how you paint them here.

PS for the record my concern about the silicone wasn't worth salt since both here and on fb people instantly posted it could work. Literally no one had their opinion impacted by me wondering how she got her silicone and dealt with curing issues.
    Last edited by AniaR; 04-20-2015 at 01:27 AM.

Yay! a new tailmaker While it's still on the other half of the world for me, the flukes/detailing/coloring is amazing Let's hope they continue and become flawless like the big names
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown