Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Masks

Masks

Every time I visit Venice, Italy, I check out every single mask shop I pass (there are quite a few), trying to find a new Carnevale mask. A few visits ago, I found this one... I believe it's one of a kind, and I didn't see anything else like it in the city.

As you can see from the eyes, it doesn't quite fit my face, sadly, but it still makes an awesome decoration, and I had to have it. Hope you guys like it.

http://un1c0rny.deviantart.com/#/d4i7euv

http://un1c0rny.deviantart.com/#/d4i7ep2

I tried to post the pictures on here, but the file size was too large, apparently.

Let me know if you guys find any other mer-masks.

Those are great! I am really fond of pretty masks. One day I'll save up to get one from the local ren faire. Has anyone ever thought of using a mask for their mer costume?

Every time you visit Venice? How often do you go? Is it beautiful there?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Cool Mask! I've always wanted to go to Italy
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Venice is incredible, MermaidPandorah. It is probably my favorite city on Earth. I have family in Italy (not in Venice, but in La Marche, Calabria, Milan, and Naples), and have been there... maybe 9 times now? At least three of those times were trips to Venice. The waters are a bit murky, and I wouldn't want to swim in them (centuries of people using the water to rid themselves of any trash and fluids and not-so-fluids really doesn't make for a healthy thing to submerge yourself into), but taking gondola rides can be peaceful and magnificent (and many of the gondolas are decorated with hippocampi), once you get over the fact that gondolas lean to one side so that the gondolier can paddle from one side instead of having to switch back and forth. However, the rainbows of sparkling Murano Glass sculptures and the festive and mysterious Carnevale masks, the beautiful Burano lace, fine wood cutting, and the music, statues, and atmosphere of St. Marco's square is wonderful and otherworldly.

I'll see if I can come up with any other mer-masks... maybe one that could incorporate goggles without being so obtrusive?

Chesapeake Pod
    ^ Italy sounds beautiful..........The only place I have ever been to is florida, wish I could go somewhere exotic
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

I've used a mask with goggles. It's a work in progress.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Florida can be pretty exotic, Mermaid Aqua. And though I've been to several places in Europe, Jamaica, the Riviera Maya, Bermuda and parts of Canada (Montreal, Quebec, Niagara Falls, and the lake region), and several places up and down the East Coast, my experiences with the inland U.S. are far fewer.

Chesapeake Pod
    ^ I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, Austrailia, Italy, Rome, Paris, London, India and The Virgin Islands